Discuss all things Ghostbusters here, unless they would be better suited in one of the few forums below.
By brad84
One other question I have, if anybody knows During the movie after they catch Slimer the theme song starts, what version of the song is playing? Is it the 12" version that is on the re-release of the album? Or is that another version of the song? This maybe be a dumb question, but I play that part back over and over again on the dvd cause i really like how the song sounds in that part of the movie! Maybe someone can fill me in if they know?

Thanks,
Brad
By Dan AKA
It is the Ghostbusters "Searchin' For The Spirit" remix, I think.

The 12" Promo is also very very close to what we hear in the movie, either mix could be it, it's hard to hear over the sounds effects during the montage, but I think it's the Searchin' for the Spirit mix.
By Dan AKA
Yeah, that's not the one used in the movie. Unless you can isolate the part from the film when he sings "Gho gho gho gho gho ghosts" really fast.

EDIT: Went back watched the montage, it's the Searchin' for the Spirit mix.
By Boomerjinks
Dan AKA wrote:Unless you can isolate the part from the film when he sings "Gho gho gho gho gho ghosts" really fast.
I actually did this. Who the hell thought that was a good idea? Grr. Anyway, I don't recall Searchin' having the simple baseline and the beginning, and the bridge (heard during the fort, I think) sounds WAY different from the Searchin' mix.

Are you guys saying that the Searchin' mix is the closest mp3 we have to the version in the movie, or that it is the version from the movie?
By Dan AKA
Including the one you just pointed me to, I have a total of three remixes, the original and the instrumental version.

The 12" Single Included in the rereleased movie soundtrack has the normal opening bridge followed by the chorus "Ghostbusters!" then bridge and then he starts singing.

The extended 12" single you just directed me to has the obvious "Gho-gho-gho-ghost" which is not heard during the montage.

The Searchin' For The Spirit mix has the opening bridge and jumps right into Ray Parker singing, which is how the montage is. Hence, if it's not the montage mix it's the closest thing we have, which also has an extended mid bridge with a kick in with electric guitar two bars earlier than the other mixes.

So perhaps we're both wrong, and it's quite possible the actual montage mix was never released, but I believe the Searchin' For The Spirit mix is the closest.
By brad84
Thankyou guys that sounds pretty close to me :cool: Now if I can just find somewhere to download those versions I will be all set. Thanks again!

Brad
By Boomerjinks
brad84 wrote:Does anyone know where I can Download every version of the Ghostbusters Theme Song?
By Kingpin
Every version? Next to impossible, but there's a site that has a lot of covers, I believe it's called the "Ghostbusters Covers Project", or something like that.
By brad84
Yes I Know GOOGLE! I have tried that, its hard to get alot of the downloads when your on dial up. You don't have to be a smart a** about it :sigh:
By djw87
Does anyone have Ghostbusters "Searchin' For The Spirit" remix MP3 for d/l? I've hammered Google n the search engines to death, can't find it. - Dan
    Greetings

http://i.imgur.com/1kB7fOZ.jpg

I love that people are still making these packs. I[…]

For the legacy shell, what aspects are damage that[…]

At the moment my interest would be what sorts fo[…]