Discuss all things Ghostbusters here, unless they would be better suited in one of the few forums below.
By Kingpin
For those interested, scheduled for Friday the 7th of October is "Beat Busters", reportedly a Ghostbusters-themed rave event in Downtown Los Angeles, some of the details of the event:
Go to BEAT BUSTERS Friday Nov 7th wrote:$10 Presales
Be a Ghostbuster - Wear Yur Costumes - Discount @ the door $5 off $20 door
Jello Shots - Adios MutherFuckerz - Keg Beerrrr for the 21+
Beat Buster Girls - Decked Out In Their Costumes
Before - U - Roll
Panic 39
Chronic Candy
2 Stages
Food & Treats for Hungry Rave Kids
Halloween Candy
House/Electro/Drum & Bass
Props from the Movie - Giant Stay Puft & Giant Slimer
Ghostbuster Movie On The Projector
Intelligent Lighting & Laser
Downtown Los Angeles Venue
Friday Night Party that won't hurt yur wallet - You can still party on Saturday
For more info, here's the MySpace page for the event: LINK

Now I'm not involved, nor do I know anyone involved so I am not endorcing it, and as far as I know neither is GBFans, but I figured it was worth mentioning after someone posted it on GB.net.

However I'd be interested, should people be taking cameras along, to see two things. Firstly, photos of the supposed film props mentioned in the list above.

Secondly, I'm interested in seeing photographs if the event location turns out to be held in the Number 23 Fire Station in downtown LA, which served as the locations for the Ghostbusters Firehouse interiors. I don't know for sure if it will be the location for the event, but the station has been used for at least one rave in the past, the Hipgenesis Ball and for the DubLab 7th Anniversary event... and so it isn't unusual for it to be opened for private events.

If it does proove to be the venue, then I'd be greatly interested in any photos you can get of the interior. If this is the venue and you can get the photos, I'd like shots of the following locations (I apologise that this is a rather comprehensive list, but they're the last few steps towards completing the long-in-the-works Firehouse floorplans :-) :
  • • Each of the small rooms to either side of the double engine bay doors at the front of the station (one will look like a small tiled lobby with a door leading into an elevator, the other I think might be a W.C. but I don't know for sure),
    • The two rooms at back of the second floor (straight ahead after taking the first set of stairs up from the engine bay)
    • The showers (on your left as you're moving along the tiled second floor hall to the front of the station)
    • The 'dispatch room' (just before the room where Ray, Egon and Peter are eating their chinese in the first film)
    • The 'elevator lobby' (the door leading into the partitioned room with the fireplace that served as Ray, Egon and Peter's bedroom in the movie).
    • The 'cupboard' (a small room near the firepole in the room that served as the Ghostbusters' bedroom).
    • Any shots of the atria to allow light to flood down for the station's skylights.
    • Any of the rooms at the back of the station's third floor.
    • If you're allowed into the front of the station's third floor, I'd like some shots of the bathroom and bedroom... but these are less likely.

If the venue isn't Fire Station 23, then please disregard the above requests.

Hey guys I've been doing some updating and adding […]

Ghostbusters Day 2024

Even if Frozen Empire somehow made a billion dol[…]

To repost what I said in the other thread: I don'[…]

GBFANS Ghostlabs light kit

Hey everybody, this is my first post so let me kno[…]