Discuss all things Ghostbusters here, unless they would be better suited in one of the few forums below.
On Saturday October 11th, 2008 the Arizona Ghostbusters attended the Relay For Life of the Southwest Valley in Goodyear, AZ. The event ran for 12 hours from 6 pm to 6am. The event was held at the local community park. Along the walk path each fundraising team set up a booth to sell various items such as food, shirts, and even face and pumpkin painting. Donations were collected by teams before the event and thru their booths at the event itself. At our booth we made our Stay-Puft Marshallow bags and also sold Crunch bars and Twinkies. One of the fundraising events was a basket raffle. Several of the main teams including us assembled a basket. In our we put a GB t-shirt, one of our logo hats, the dvd pack, some stickers and candy. We set up a TV at our table to play both movies and some cartoon episodes which often attracted groups and kids to watch.

The event organizers were very excited about our participation in the event and honored us by putting our AZ GB logo on the back of the walk shirts and in the program for the event. It was a very emotional night at times as we've all lost someone to cancer. The highlight of the evening was the memorial luminarie walk.

Late in the evening they set up a large inflatable movie screen on the baseball diamond for everyone to play Rock Band. Since we usually play Rock Band at our team meetings it was only natural for us to join in. It was a long but fun night and I can say one of the few times it was cold. We're certainly looking forward to the next Relay. With the pre-relay donations and what all of our the teams collected currently over $7,000 was raised and the total should go higher after everything is counted.

Our booth with family and friends

Luckily it was a small twinkie

Whatever you do, always Stay-Puft

The table

Goodies and donation box

Raffle basket

Matt H gives Neal a well deserved Crunch bar

Rock Band Stars

Walk shirt front

Walk shirt back

Wish you were there Jack. We're going to do this as long as we can. They say Star Wars is forever but it's not that much older that Ghostbusters. I hope years from now we're still doing this. As I've always said, introducing new young fans to the films at events like this and maybe even through the gift basket we gave away, will hopefully keep us around for along time. It is also nice to see that people are going to be carrying around our logo.

The next major Relay is in April and is 80's themed so we're very excited about that one. This relay had a movie and Hollywood theme.

I forgot to mention we actually got invited to this event within 10 minutes of the broadcast of our local FOX news interview back in July so it definitely paid off to do it.
Man I really wish I could have stayed longer, my brothers and I wanted to take some pictures with you guys but there is always next time! Again I want to thank you for the invite and the hospitality and I hope I get to know you guys better in the future I think it would be really fun to help you guys out!
You know.....I was working on my pack at home and called it a night around midnight. I should have come out to this one, if I wasn't so tired......sorry I missed this one guys. Looks like it was a GREAT time.

I hope to make this Saturdays gig.... :)

-Trey :)
    Hasbro Ghostbusters

Apparently there are rumours of another announce[…]

Doug Keithley/sponge face/Ghostlab42 made a excell[…]

Did it come out today? Ugh the art is so bad tho[…]