Discuss all things Ghostbusters here, unless they would be better suited in one of the few forums below.
By Shredder565
The other week I saw a Halloween version of Shrek and Donkey.

If they can make that, Why don't we have any Ghostbuster themed ones? A Plastic lit up Slimer and Stay Puft? Gozer with 'shooting' lazer beams out the finger tips? A blow up Stay Puft? Hell, even one of the guys in Real Ghostbuster mode in a lit up plastic statue..
By Kingpin
We ought to count ourselves lucky Ghostbusters hasn't been co-opted so it can be whored out as cheap Halloween fodder. Let them have their Halloween costume Shrek and Donkey, we may have less merchandise for All Hallows Eve, but at least we can approach October 31st with dignity.
By slimer28
I completely agree that we do approach halloween with dignity! just be grateful that they haven't made our beloved franchise a generic joke! Just look at all those cleaning product comercials that use hit songs from the 80's and mutulate them! I once heard a generic halloween mix at Halloween express and heard Thriller by what sounded like a white guy and then Ghostbusters! My stomach cringed when I wasn't hearing Ray Parker Jr's voice! If they were to make Ghostbusters merchindise for halloween it should be officialy licensed and be on the expensive side just so it would be decent! Thank goodness that they haven't made a mockery of Ghostbusters!!
By Dr. Spengs
I have to agree with Kingpin and slimer28, I'm glad that the GB franchise has remained relatively untouched. Sure, it means that we rarely have any new merchandise, and we had to wait until every other 80's cartoon came out before we finally got to RGB, but it's worth it. Just look at the glut of product out there for almost every other 80's property. I'm glad that GB stuff has been so few and far between. Especially concerning Halloween decorations...that would be such an easy way to go, and I'm honestly surprised that it hasn't been done. It makes it that much cooler when we all don our gear and packs and head out to parties and whatnot...I'm actually a little concerned at the possibility of as GB3 movie, because it would most likely mean an explosion of crappy merchandise that all big films seem to require these days. If there must be GB merch, I'm happy with it being high end, collector-oriented stuff, IE Master Replicas. I certainly hope that integrity of property continues to stay fairly high and dry, no matter what the future brings for it.
By RavenEffect
I can't say I fully agree with everybody here. I honestly don't see what would be so bad about just a few things, like an inflatable Stay Puft, or light up Slimer, or something cool like that.

I mean I'll grant you one thing, it certainly is a lot cooler when we have our Ghostbusters stuff and nobody else has it. It would seem a little less special if everybody had this stuff. Still, I'd rather see the franchise continue to succeed, and I'd rather be able to have cool stuff like that rather than nobody be able to have it at all.

As long as they didn't go absolutely crazy, I don't see what is wrong with it. For example, what is wrong with inflatable Shrek and Donkey in Halloween costumes (our Santa outfits for Christmas)? I actually find that kind of funny. I mean, I've seen things go too far with other franchises. I wouldn't want to see that happen with Ghostbusters. But, I wouldn't have a problem with just a few things. Companies have to obtain the rights anyway, so maybe Sony could just be more restrictive with what they allow.

With that said, I know it could get ruined, and that is exactly what I DON'T want. I was in a local Halloween store recently and they were playing one of those stupid kiddy CDs were a bunch of little kids sing the songs. I HATE those. When they started singing Ghostbusters, I almost wanted to vomit. LOL!

Hey and welcome

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]