Discuss all things Ghostbusters here, unless they would be better suited in one of the few forums below.
i use sony acid pro for all of my mixing. it works like a charm and is really easy to pick up and go with.

as for what youre looking for, you just have to search....and search....and search....and search...

unless you have a program that will split the tracks up, but even then, it cant do it completely. basically it will just lower the volume of the other tracks to the point where you have to have your speakers way up to hear it, but its still there.
I wished I knew where remixers got their stem tracks from...

One time I wanted the instrumental version of a song.. I needed to contact the production company / record label to get a copy of it. Surprisingly.. they were very good about it and sent it right away.. no questions asked.
Instrumentals are usually supplied on promo cds sent to various radio stations and obviously, for promotional purposes. A lot of people also try and make their own, some with success and some to no avail.

There are those out there who specialize in DYI a cappellas, and they're damn good at it. Never have come across a GB one, though.
never heard of a program that would strip the tracks back, i have heard one that lower the volume like goosebot says, but really they sound like crap. from my experience, what you are looking for is near impossible. i hope i'm wrong about this though.....
spenglerjjc wrote:Does anyone know how to make an accappella for Ghostbusters, I would like to remix it. (And if/what program should I use). I already have the instrumental. Thanks!
The program that I use is Cakewalk Producer Edition, but it is expensive(around $400.00), I have used it on the GB theme, and it works great to isolate the guitar, synth, and bass tracks, but the vocal tracks are stereo, which makes it a little bit harder to isolate, but I'm very close to isolating all the tracks so I can mix it myself.
spenglerjjc wrote:Does anyone know how to make an accappella for Ghostbusters, I would like to remix it. (And if/what program should I use). I already have the instrumental. Thanks!
I'm slightly confused by the question, meaning, what's the ultimate goal?

If the goal is to have a recording of the GB song with only voices (which is true a accapella) then the suggestion below is the best answer:
Zack wrote:
Spooky wrote:Step one: Transcribe out the instrumental tracks for voice SATB
Step Two: Hire a accapella group
Step Three: record
I'm with what he said...
If you simply want to remove lead vocals, that's easy enough with programs like Audacity which I've used successfully... but then again, you said you already have the instrumental, right?
Can you explain further what exactly you are trying to achieve? With more detail, hopefully some people here can help you further.

EDIT: Just wanted to add that unless you have access to a decent studio, it's highly unlikely that a simple computer program exists that will strip the song of all the music, leaving and isolating just the vocals, then allow you to remix. (someone above sort of indicated the same thing)
Actually, now I need to hear the song again in order to decide how many voices are on it...who's singing what etc
This is why I gave my suggestion. I'm actually unsure everyone is clear what makes something accappella.
Just taking out the music and having Ray Parker's voice isn't a true one because there is no harmony,
There is no program that can change instrumental tracks into voices (at least not one you can just go buy and run on your compy).
Spooky wrote:This is why I gave my suggestion. I'm actually unsure everyone is clear what makes something accappella.
Just taking out the music and having Ray Parker's voice isn't a true one because there is no harmony,
There is no program that can change instrumental tracks into voices (at least not one you can just go buy and run on your compy).
Yeah people are missing what a capella means.

On the note that you said SATB before, I would probably go with TTBB... but I like mens quartets. Hell maybe I'll make one myself.

I have this week commenced my most ambitious proje[…]

I haven't had Xbox Live for a while, but I'm consi[…]

I cut out the middleman and sprayed my pack and ba[…]

I'm hoping we'll see another set when the next F[…]