Discuss all things Ghostbusters here, unless they would be better suited in one of the few forums below.
You're crazy.

I don't care how bad the film stock was. That belt was NOT khaki in the first film. The scene where they're in the sun at the end of the film gives you a good look at what color the stuff is, and the belt ain't khaki.

Next you're gonna tell me the hose is really green but looked yellow because of the film stock.

Also, it doesn't matter whatr color it REALLY was. What matters is what color we perceived it to be.

If you were a Star Wars fan would you make your lightsaber glow red, or look like the big green stick used to insert the special effects? Jeez!
GhostGuy wrote:You're crazy.

I don't care how bad the film stock was. That belt was NOT khaki in the first film. The scene where they're in the sun at the end of the film gives you a good look at what color the stuff is, and the belt ain't khaki.

Next you're gonna tell me the hose is really green but looked yellow because of the film stock.

Also, it doesn't matter whatr color it REALLY was. What matters is what color we perceived it to be.

If you were a Star Wars fan would you make your lightsaber glow red, or look like the big green stick used to insert the special effects? Jeez!

I'm sure you have a lot of first hand expience, don't you?

If you can find me a military issue gray web belt, maybe I'll consider you position, but from what I've seen there's

White: Dress Uniform.
OD Green: Standard BDUs
Black: Commonly used with urban cammo or special forces.
Khaki: Desert BDUs.

They don't make gray three hole pistol belts standard issue and I doubt the film crews would dye them gray WHEN THEY WERE f****g KHAKI.

Khaki.
Your argument is that you don't think the FX crew wouldn't have bothered dyeing the belt?

That's not a very good argument when they went to the trouble of dyeing the pads, the hose, and arguably the uniforms themselves.

Furthermore, explain this:

If the belts in the first film are khaki, how is it they are far lighter in color than the belts in the second film, which are actually darker than the uniform?

They CAN'T both be khaki if they are in fact both standard issue, undyed pistol belts that come in one of only four colors.

Also, this is Ernie Hudson's belt from the second film:

See how light a khaki it is?

I adjusted the brightness of the scene from the second film above in photoshop to get the suits to be the same brightness and see just how bright the belts are relative to the suits, and I found that even giving the belt from the second film this boost in brightness, the belt from the first film is still 60% brighter than the one from the second film.

In order to brighten that belt by 60%, it would have to be nearly white.

In short, you are wrong, and your assumption that there's no way you would have dyed the belt are flawed.

What they probably did was put both the suit and the WHITE belt through a gray wash to make them appear well-used LIKE EVERYTHING ELSE THEY'RE WEARING:

They use gray washes all the time in hollywood to make stuff look aged.
ERRRR. Sorry old man, you're still wrong.

There are several different shades of khaki pistol belts ranging from a dark almost brown khaki like it was used in world war two, to the very very light khaki belts used in Ghostbusters to the medium hue used in Ghostbusters two. Not only that but while the Ghostbusters jumpsuits are in fact khaki the Khaki dye used in older jumpsuits are different than that of today, while the jumpsuits in Ghostbusters II are not standard military issue and are a custom flight suit created by an offset company with a custom chosen fabric. Even the color of khaki between off brand and actual nomex flightsuits vary in shade. Again, wrong wrong wrong.

You can look at screen captures all you want and it will still prove nothing as the variables in every capture mislead your eye.

I'm also willing to bet that the elbow pads were not a custom dye job as how can you compare white elbow pads of today to something fabricated over 20 years ago? You cannot, you also cannot say the hose was dyed, as only black pnumatic hose is in my hardware store today we know that's not the only color, so why is clear the only color available?

Again, wrong.

But it's okay, I fogive you, and I also assume you will continue in your ignorance, and again I forgive you. It's no real scrap off my back.
The belt is khaki not gray. As said why would they change the colour? It may have been washed to help it fade a little to give it a worn appearance, or it may just be the way it was filmed.
Okay, okay, okay. Maybe my choice of word was wrong. But my point still stands that the belts were not white. Also, given the fact that the flightsuits were a different shade between the films, it is also possible that the belts were in fact the same colour in both films, but appear different in comparison to the suits themselves. And, like GhostGuy said, the reasons for the elbow pads being different IS of no real consequence. I was merely explaining WHY they could look slightly more two-tone in the first one and a uniform colour in the second one, while still being the same pads (and I don't mean they re-dyed the pads left over from the first film, I mean they bought more pads the same and dyed them better). And, if you don't like the notion that the pads started out white and were dyed for the film, well, you'd better take that up with AJ since I found that info ON THIS SITE. Some people have done a lot of research into this, and can find no evidence that this particular model of pad was ever offered in gray (or khaki, or whatever). Why would they go through the effort of dyeing the pads? Because it's a film and they can. They probably got the pads, tried them against the flightsuits, didn't like the contrast and so dyed them. That may also be the reason for the khaki belts. Enough of a contrast to the flightsuit, but close enough in colour to look 'uniform' and not stand out.
Zack wrote:Other than being able to say they had all the original cast back, having Dana back made a little more sense as Venkman's love interest again except with him trying to win her back again after he f'ed up and lost her. His desire to possibly settle down a little more and be a one woman-man.

I much prefer Dana back then either ignoring them getting together at the end of the first movie, ignoring or writing her out. I guess the new video game does that though. Or has a new love interest. The cartoon I really didn't mind at all since it feels like a different world/characters and Venkman was free to hit on all the ladies in RGB. :cool:
Yes this, absolutely!

Remove Dana and Venkman is a womanizing jerk. His redemption from that is the entire story arc of the first film and a lot of the second. Why so many people miss that is beyond me.

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks t[…]

Hey and welcome

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]