Discuss all things Ghostbusters here, unless they would be better suited in one of the few forums below.
I was on my way to see my mom at her job at the courthouse when I saw that bumper sticker on the car catch my eye...

It's an energy drink, but I bet the creators have no idea of the real place...

Or the knowledge of it in the hearts and minds of Ghostheads everywhere
Last edited by CJay on November 6th, 2008, 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I just looked it up. Apparently there is a spray version too (like breath spray) and it's made from plants that grow where the event took place. The website says it was 1908 though.
Not sure I would drink it, but it is pretty funny.
The AZ Ghostbusters should hand these out along with the twinkies and marshmallows !
Why would I drink something made from plants grown where the event happened? Isn't that kind of a biohazard? Although I'm pretty sure that there are no contaminants there any more. Interesting find CJ.
From what I've read/heard, it was an asteroid. I did see a trailer for a show on it next week (I think it was a Discovery Channel show, but now can't find it on the site).
It was 1908. Misquoted in the movie. The common thoery is a meteroite detonating in the air just above the ground some number of times bigger than the Hiroshima blast. Of course others think it could be an alien space craft that exploded. I think there's still alot of background radiation there. Not sure if I would want to drink something from that area but certainly not as bad as Chernobyl. Good idea though Jack.
Props to Jeffro and Dreamstalker.

The rest of you....seriously never heard more about the Tunguska Event than what was mentioned in Ghostbusters? How can you call yourselves nerds if you haven't gobbled up all the information there is to be had on the threat of asteroids??

As said, an asteroid or comet less than 100 feet in diameter fell to earth, exploding several miles above the ground. It's referred to as an impact even though it was an air burst, with a dozen-or-so-megaton explosion. There was no radiation or toxicity from the explosion itself, but the site is downrange from one of Russias cosmodromes, and is NOW contaminated due to debris from exploding rockets and the like.

The Event is surrounded by popular culture, with nutjobs claiming it was a UFO, or caused by Nikola Tesla while he was in Colorado Springs experimenting with electricity, or that it was a wormhole teleportation experiment caused by the Monatauk facility.
Heh.

The thing about the 1909 (or even the Revelation of 7:12)... is that when Ghostbusters was written.. they did not have the internet. Nor did they have any concrete way to look up information.

Granted.. Aykroyd could have opened up a bible and gotten the 6:12 right vs. 7:12.

But I'm fairly certain he wasn't going to go down to a library and see if he could figure out what the correct year the Tungusta Blast actually occured.. when it is just 1 second of dialog.

Ofcourse he could of also just fubared when saying the dialog... I mean.. they have a lot of things to remember at times.
I've heard the Asteroid and UFO theory and I find the first one more credible. I did see a special on it once, it was around 2003-ish. Said they found fragments of space debris in the swampy ground and residue in the core saples of the trees.
Yeah, I've always gone with the asteroid theory. Tesla was experimenting with some weird stuff, but I find it hard to believe it could have that effect (his earthquake machine is plausible and might have the desired effect after a long enough time, but could not do what he claimed as instant structural collapse).
I believe in the asteroid theory as well. But I do enjoy the occasional "out there" theory. Humans have this need to believe that everything that happens has to have some ultra-extraordinary explanation to it. When in fact most things can be explained in simple terms. I actually believe in UFO's but not for this case.
“Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.” --Hobbes, Calvin and Hobbes

With the billions of galaxies and planets out there, I find it hard to believe that there isn't at least one that could support life (albeit not "intelligent" life as humans know it).
enchanted unicorn wrote:But I do enjoy the occasional "out there" theory.
Our governments are being controlled by lizardmen from a bunker buried deep below Denver International Airport.
Boomerjinks wrote:
Our governments are being controlled by lizardmen from a bunker buried deep below Denver International Airport.
I'd say that's out there....hey has any one ever looked into Bob Lazaar? he has his own web page..

I'm editing this...I think Bob Lazaar deserves his own thread on here. I'll post it in general discussion.
Actually we can give Ray a little credit on the misquote. Because Tunguska was in such a remote location it took nearly a year for the scientific community and the rest of the world to even know about the incident. so to some of the men of science of the time the news of the blast came in 1909, heck Dr. Leonid Kulik was not even able to mount an expedition to Tunguska for investigation until 1921. that is where the first evidence was even collected and observed at the site. But like was said access to the internet was extremely limited at the time so the fact checkers may have missed that. i love being a nerd
Boomerjinks wrote:
You should stop listening to David Ike!!!! ;)

Beautiful!! I'm getting this even if finances d[…]

You guys are MUCH better at IDing stuff than I am&[…]

Reboot hose attached. And Still working out a fe[…]

Thanks for making this thread - was able to follow[…]