Discuss all things Ghostbusters here, unless they would be better suited in one of the few forums below.
On Friday night 11/7/08, the Arizona Ghostbusters did a last minute booth at the 1st Friday Art Walk in downtown Phoenix to collect donations for our MS Walk team. We had one of our best nights in along time collecting $300 in donations for pictures with the team. We also sold our remaining marhmallow bags, twinkies, and crunch bars. We were joined by board member Ronan (slimer28) for the 1st time in gear as well as John (JackIvyGb) sporting his scratchbuilt pack. Several of the guys decided to slime and dirty themselves up which has proven to be quite popular.

John, Ronan, Matt H, Jeff, Neal, and Matt S

Saturday morning was the long awaited MS Walk in Tempe, AZ. The walk was 5 miles through the Phoenix zoo, Botanical gardens, and surrounding park. The local 501st and Rebel Legion participated in the walk as well. Luckily it was very cool for the walk this year. We've been collecting donations for the walk for along time and it's been tough with the economy lately but we raised $800 total.

At the start

Walking

Keith, Jeff, Neal, and John

At the finish line

Matt H and Neal

With the 501st and Rebel Legions

The Phoenix New Times slideshow of the walk with more pics is located here:
http://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/slideshow/view/183320

As always I'll update if I recieve more photos.
Awesome. I'm glad my pack held up as well as it did! No bumps or scrapes. Wish I could say the same for my trap and goggles!
Oh well, It gives me an excuse to keep building. Hopefully my bro can join us next time in the Wii pack.
I'm sure there are all kinds of pictures of us with the ladies from first friday floating around on myspace!
These walks are the biggest wear and tear on our equipment but always worth it. I've only found a couple of flickr finds from Friday night from people that wanted a pic but didn't make a donation so they took a few clandestine photos with their phone.
Thanks. We were hoping to beat our total of $1200 from last year but as I mentioned the economy has certainly affected the amount of donations people make. No matter what we collect it still makes a difference. We did get alot of large donations on Friday night which is a hopeful sign.
at our church we raised $2000 at the Fall Festival (we sell donated items and sell food), but that was our church. That's really good considering the economy. So, don't feel too bad. We raised $40 for Autism (ten more after the con). You are really fortunate to have a group who can donate their time like that. we all have insane schedules and are lucky to meet once a month let alone get together for a walk or something. We just started in May, so we are still working on it....: )
Luckily we're getting more members so we can have more coverage at events and we always try to have at least 3 of us at an event but sometimes even that is not possible. We all have crazy schedules but do what we can to make as many events as possible. They're just too fun to miss. We all hang out about every other week to keep everyone in the loop about our upcoming projects, shoot the breeze, and just continue the friendships we've all made thanks to Ghostbusters. If it wasn't for GB none of us would know each other and that's something you don't find everyday. I've always said one of our biggest keys to success in the local community is that everyone can see the camaraderie that we all have and similiar to what the actors had when they made the movie. People pick up on that and gives them a genuine feeling about what we're about and why we do this.
The slime helps keep people from grabbing and hanging on us because they don't want to get messy but they really think it's neat. There are still the really excited people that will come up and hug you or just not pay attention and get covered. That's why we used non staining stuff.

Oh, another thing - this was made mostly out of sc[…]

Hasbro Ghostbusters

Is anybody making Slime Blowers that would fit the[…]

Beautiful!! I'm getting this even if finances don[…]

Super helpful thanks. I will read properly when […]