Discuss all things Ghostbusters here, unless they would be better suited in one of the few forums below.
By djw87
A friend of mine works for a cinema and he's heard they are re-releasing Ghostbusters at the cinemas to celebrate the anniversary.

I'm trying to search the net for info but nothing as yet.

If anyone hears or finds anything, post it here.
If you can get that arranged, you can count me in! A few years ago I managed to get into a screening in swansea, where they'd managed to track down a copy of the original film that hadn't been seen since 85. The colour correction had gone funny, the sound was out of sync in places, and the film was so grainy bits of it were impossible to see, but it was still amazing to see it on the big screen! So yeah, get that set up, and you can consider one ticket sold already!
They were talking about the blu-ray release, but that would be cool to see in theaters. I was too young to go to the theater to see GB 1, when it first came out, I had to wait like a month for it to come out on VHS...but it was well worth it! :cool:
spandex wondermonkey wrote:If you can get that arranged, you can count me in! A few years ago I managed to get into a screening in swansea, where they'd managed to track down a copy of the original film that hadn't been seen since 85. The colour correction had gone funny, the sound was out of sync in places, and the film was so grainy bits of it were impossible to see, but it was still amazing to see it on the big screen! So yeah, get that set up, and you can consider one ticket sold already!

make that 2 tickets!
loly2kn2 wrote:Havnt heard anything... But I was trying to organise one in Liecester Square if enough people were interested

Lawrence
Lesters Queer?!...j/k, in case nobody knows, that is a refference to The Benny Hill Show. God I miss that show!
I remember where I sat in our old theater when I saw GB2, it was the biggest deal for me up until that point! If they do send either of the films back to theaters, man...I'll pee my pants with excitement!

I cannot wait till the Blu Ray is released either, my old DVD is wearing out!
I DO vividly remember seeing GB 2 in theaters. I remember we got there a bit early and had to wait for the first showing to be over. I think that we got there so early that it was during the 'Slime Square' scene.

I don't think I ever got the chance to see GB 1 in theaters....probably discovered it on HBO.
I remember GB2, I was 4 and was already a huge fan of Ghostbusters. The cartoon was a big deal for me and I had a VHS tape of Ghostbusters that I watched on a very regular basis. I remember Hardees had ghostbusters noise maker things and I remember those commercials and they really got me pumped for the movie. I went to the Old Highland 10 in Cookeville,TN and Sat in the next to last row, dead center with my mom and dad. When the Scolari brothers appear in the courtroom I still vividly remember jumping up in my seat because I was so excited!

Ha, I would love to have the chance to see Ghostbusters on the big screen. I really hope that when they re release everything they clean it up for an amazing transfer of the original film!
Well, I was going to start it's own thread about this, but I'll just post it here. I don't know about other movie theaters around the country, but I do know that the Virginia Theatre in Champaign, IL is showing it on June 6, 2009 at 1PM and 7PM. It's a historic theatre and I work pretty closely with them through the radio station. I've been hounding them for over 2 years to bring it to the theatre and Matt at the theatre finally gave in (right before he left and moved to Iowa no less). lol

Tickets are only $5. And the snacks are VERY reasonably priced too!

http://www.thevirginia.org/calendar.htm

I'm sure I'll get a bunch of tickets to giveaway, but it won't be till around May. But at only $5 a ticket, you really can't beat it. It's a nice theatre and they've done a lot of nice renovations to it.

I would like to do some type of GB meet up if possible and have people out in uniform. We could watch the movie then hit one the local eateries/bars a couple blocks down in downtown Champaign.

PM if you intrerested in attending!

Thanks,

-Jeremy
It is a little late getting posted, but here in the Lincoln area the local movie company has already done that for a special midnight show deal they were doing for the holidays.

It was a discounted ticket price and they had several weeks of movies lined up, one of the first was Ghostbusters.

It wasn't for the anniversary, but it was great to see the movie on the big screen again!
I used to see the trailers on TV and was so heck bent on seeing the movie before I knew who else - apart from Bill Murray - would star!

My sister thought it would be a scary film, I think she just didn't like Slimer. But we saw it, and it wasn't all bad, was it?

Sara :sigh:
    Ghostbusters Day 2024

Even if Frozen Empire somehow made a billion dol[…]

To repost what I said in the other thread: I don'[…]

GBFANS Ghostlabs light kit

Hey everybody, this is my first post so let me kno[…]

I've ordered one of these for a friend to use off […]