Discuss all things Ghostbusters here, unless they would be better suited in one of the few forums below.
By joeghostbuster
does anyone know whats going on with the Kubrick Ghostbusters figures? I know theyre only released in japan but they usually end up on ebay at some point - are they going to be released around the same time as the blu ray and videogame? more importantly, will they be ported to the US or will we have to get them some other way?

pic:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/pingmag/2603542168/
By JDW
I would love to have those, I wish they would come to the us.
By Mjollnir
Hope they have them at NYCC. That would be badass.
By Dreamstalker
Kubrick/Mini-Mate faces can't really be considered "likenesses" per se though...borderline caricatures maybe.

That's just my thoughts, I could be wrong.
By fixer79
Dreamstalker wrote:Kubrick/Mini-Mate faces can't really be considered "likenesses" per se though...borderline caricatures maybe.

That's just my thoughts, I could be wrong.
You're right of course. ;)
Still, I think that Kubrick Venkman looks pretty much like Murray. It's very well done.
He looks more like Murray than the LEGO Indy looks like Ford, anyway. :)

Anyway, if these will or have come out in Japan they should be Ebayable, right?
By fixer79
I would if I could, but apparently they don't have a contract address on their website...
They've seen us coming again ;)

While we're on the subject, does anyone know why all Kubrick figures have them holes in their feet?

WEIRD... :p
By Dr.D
It's where the Japanese put a small computer chip which will be activated in 2012 and all kubricks will merge into one giant robo-kubrick. :cool:
By fixer79
Dr.D wrote:It's where the Japanese put a small computer chip which will be activated in 2012 and all kubricks will merge into one giant robo-kubrick. :cool:
LOL!

Oh no... We're gonna have to call the Power Rangers then... ;)
By fixer79
Kingpin wrote:Figure bases would be my guess.
That's what I thought at first too, but the holes are on top of the feet, and apparently don't run all the way through to the soles...

Look here:

I think it's some kind of strange design choice, maybe to differentiate the Kubrick figures from LEGO ones...
You have to admit Kubricks look like some MegaBloks-esque LEGO figure rip off...
Never knew why they look that blocky. Unlike with LEGO, I don't see why they should look like that.

Still, I have to give Kubricks credit for finally giving us Ghostbusters figures based on their movie appearences.
Even if they're blocky, I'd still buy them :)
By Dreamstalker
Kingpin wrote:Figure bases would be my guess.
Probably. I know I've seen separate figure "diorama" bases for sale at various places.
By Donkey8012
Don't worry AJ, I got the joke. :-)
By fixer79
Agreed, she looks more like He-Man than Jennifer...

Problem is that -by their own choice- they're stuck with barrel-shaped heads, which doesn't look very feminine...
Plus, they've apparently chosen to give her frowning eyes. That also doesn't help :)
She's got good superhero scowl and jawline though ;)
By Gareee
The holes in the feet are for add ons some figures have.. for instance, my creature from the black lagoon has small claw toes plugged in there.
By fixer79
Gareee wrote:The holes in the feet are for add ons some figures have.. for instance, my creature from the black lagoon has small claw toes plugged in there.
Aaah, the mystery's solved!
Thanks, Gareee! :cool:
By Gareee
NP at all.. I've almost lost those stupid parts a few times now.. matter of fact, last time I superglued them on!

I'm guessing that since the game was delayed, they also delayed the toy releases as well, to coincide with the anniversary and game releases. It's pretty common for toys to be delayed as much as a year.

https://i.imgur.com/cMwtW9y.jpg Where do th[…]

Ecto Containment Unit

Hey sorry I never saw this…it’s just […]

Greetings from Montana

Hey and welcome

The amount of people participating in the milest[…]