Discuss all things Ghostbusters here, unless they would be better suited in one of the few forums below.
Spooky wrote:
AJ Quick wrote:We have already established that the pack is a replica. There is no need to attack this guy, or the person who gave it to him.
Agreed back off; you don't know him or his friend. He isn't trying to rope you guys into a scam he just wanted information
That being said, I on the other hand not only have an AUTHENTIC AND WORKING proton pack, but I am willing to sell it. Here is a photo:

creaturemaker wrote:Look, I understand everyone's reluctance to believe certain things. But this is ridiculous.

I didn't elaborate because I was interested about the pack and not his collection...
He actually had the landing foot from the nostromo that was used in the insert shot and the away vehicle (i dont know what the vehicle was called) I didn't say that because it wasn't important to why I was posting.

anyway

The away ship was something like 8-10' long. pretty cool but also in bad shape.
The leg was about 6-8' tall. In better shape but not as cool as the ship.

I worked next to this thing for 3 years... No I don't have pics... sorry

they were sold anyway to a collector last year along with his Energon cube, Scorpinox tale and head (which I know is real since I built the damn things)
Hey you seem like a cool guy, I hope these guys giving you the 3rd degree doesn't chase you away! stick around, it's a cool community.
abritinthebay wrote:
creaturemaker wrote:the guy who had the original nostromo
Sorry - he doesn't. He is either a) lying to you or b) doesn't know as much as he thinks he does.

The original nostromo model was destroyed after Alien. They remade part of it (not all of it) for Aliens, but that model was not complete.

If he has a complete nostromo model it is either a) a replica or b) a fake.

It is not the original.

That claim - plus that pack (god, look at the cyclotron lights - it looks really off) make me think he's not all he says it is.

If it's any consolation to creaturemaker this statement is pretty innacurate.

The vehicle he is thinking of is the Narcissus, not the Nostromo. The original Nostromo (ore refinery and ship) model was dismantled, not destroyed as it was too large to transport without it falling apart. The life craft (the Narcissus) was not destroyed as it was reused in Aliens. The SET of the Narcissus of course was destroyed with no floor plan for the set left over, so the crew had to rebuild it based on screen shots from Alien.

A great deal of the original props from Alien are now in the hands of a man named Harry Harris, who resides in the UK. But honestly I'm not doubting creature here on the count that MANY members of the Aliens Legacy community have stumbled into find pieces and parts from the movie including Nostromo bits (like landing struts) and all the original molds for the drop ships.

I know for sure that one of the costumes from Aliens resided in a Planet Hallywood and it was in bad shape, as the latex had been dry rotting since the 80's. I shudder to think what the original alien suit looks like now, if he does have it. Which is entirely feasable.
My friend was actually hired to try to restore that suit. It was in terrible shape. There was really nothing we could do with it. It was cool to see that it had the latex grappling hook still attached. Other than that. the latex was creating little piles of dust on the ground daily. What a shame.

Thanks for the information about the ships... very informative.

I'm sorry to say that I am a bit uninformed about such things and usually came down to someone pointing at something and saying "fix" or "build"

I have always looked to people with this sort of knowledge and recall with a bit of envy....

Good work
creaturemaker wrote:My friend was actually hired to try to restore that suit. It was in terrible shape. There was really nothing we could do with it. It was cool to see that it had the latex grappling hook still attached. Other than that. the latex was creating little piles of dust on the ground daily. What a shame.

Thanks for the information about the ships... very informative.

I'm sorry to say that I am a bit uninformed about such things and usually came down to someone pointing at something and saying "fix" or "build"

I have always looked to people with this sort of knowledge and recall with a bit of envy....

Good work

My interest is actually peeked now. What is it that you did for your friend? It sounds like your worked in a properties shop and restored original pieces as well?
I am a special effects artist. Because of my friend's (my old boss) collection some people thought he could restore originals. He turned to me since I worked in the museum industry for restorations and exhibits.

to tell you the truth he didn't keep his stuff that well (obviously) He did truly have a childlike eagerness about that kind of stuff. I don't know if you guys know what the term "squid" is. But, I mean it in the nicest possible way of course. i think everyone is some kind of squid

Unfortunately, most people couldn't really afford a true restoration.

Like I said the suit was pretty bad and expensive to fix. The guy didn't really want to pay for it.
Krenzy wrote:
creaturemaker wrote:or a manatee
A horny manatee??
speaking of horny manatees, When Christo proposed his art"surrounded Islands" animal activists were protesting that it would harm the already endangered manatee population. However Christo got permission to go ahead. Turns out the manatees really loved it and they started mating under the pink sheets and the manatee population exploded. And all of this with out the benefit of mood slime.
enchanted unicorn wrote:speaking of horny manatees, When Christo proposed his art"surrounded Islands" animal activists were protesting that it would harm the already endangered manatee population. However Christo got permission to go ahead. Turns out the manatees really loved it and they started mating under the pink sheets and the manatee population exploded. And all of this with out the benefit of mood slime.
Take that, activists!

I've ordered one of these for a friend to use off […]

GB News is calling the Pink Camo Tint the last m[…]

Sugarland Express.Very early Spielberg movie,it's […]

Also probably different release dates. USA[…]