Return to Home Page - Ghostbusters Fans

View new posts | View your posts Anyone remember Ecto-1 at your Hardees?

PostPosted: December 22nd, 2010, 2:19 pm 
Ghosthead

I very vividly remember my local Hardees had a 1:1 Ecto-1 there one day to take pictures with. Does anyone else remember this or am I crazy? Was it some tour of a replica car for the movie promotion?

(+0)

PostPosted: January 3rd, 2011, 5:08 pm 
Ghosthead

I do, a Hardees in my town had an Ecto-1 and it was a replica made by a guy(Pete Moser?) and he was in full uniform along with 2 other guys. I remember asking "where's Winston?" and he said "watching the firehouse" haha. Later that night at a Braves game the Ecto-1A was supposed to be there and we went to the game but never saw it! It woulda been perfect to see 2 in one day!

(+0)

PostPosted: January 3rd, 2011, 9:15 pm 
Ghosthead

At the old Sycamore, IL Hardee's location there was a visit by the Ecto-1A. I do have pictures from when it was there, will post them a little later tonight. I believe it was the actual one from the movie or one hell of a good replica at that time.

(+0)

PostPosted: January 3rd, 2011, 11:06 pm 
Ghosthead

yeah, pics please!

(+0)

PostPosted: January 3rd, 2011, 11:41 pm 
Ghosthead

Here's one of me and my brother next to Ecto-1A, I have shots of the inside and shots of it on the trailer but can't find the pictures right off hand

(+0)

PostPosted: January 4th, 2011, 1:49 am 
Ghosthead

AMAZING pic! I would have totally freaked out if I had seen this! Do you think it's the one from the movie?? :)

(+0)

PostPosted: January 4th, 2011, 12:03 pm 
Ghosthead

Now that is awesome. The last Hardees I remember seeing was converted to a Wendys probably about 15 years ago. Nearest one is waaaaaaay too far away.

I'm no expert, but that looks like the real ECTO 1A to me.

"On a mountain of skulls in the castle of pain, I sat on a throne of blood. What was will be what is will be no more. Now is the season of evil." ----- Ghostbusters 2 quote? No. That's me describing my morning BM.

(00:03:45) deadderek: I love listening to Meat Loaf.
(00:05:29) The_Roach_On_Twelve: Your a f****t

(+0)

PostPosted: January 4th, 2011, 5:33 pm 
Ghosthead

That's awesome! Thanks for sharing!

(+0)

PostPosted: January 4th, 2011, 9:58 pm 
Ghosthead

that's most definitely the original 1A! columbia apparently commissioned only 3 ectomobiles that were built out of '59 millers... the two film prop cars and one promo car built for universal studios florida park.

(+0)

PostPosted: January 6th, 2011, 8:07 pm 
Ghosthead

glad i wasnt just making up the memory, thanks for the pic!

(+0)

PostPosted: April 13th, 2012, 10:51 pm 

YES!!! I thought I was the only one who would remember this. It was in Salt Lake City, UT and the had it parked up on a trailer. We went to see it and get those Hardees GB2 meal toy noisemakers that are now collectables. Thanks for posting those pics!! That's so great! I don't think we took any photos, I was only 9. However, we did follow it on the freeway after it left for a while and my moms friend was like " it's probably on its way back to new york". haha. Great, great memory. Thanks for posting!

(+0)

PostPosted: June 7th, 2012, 5:06 pm 

Hey Guys, You are correct. I made numerous appearances at Hardee's, they had a "Slimer" sundae that had bubble gum flavored slime topping, free logo poster with coupons and large "Collectors Cup". I did have a couple of local marketing guys join me at a number of events.

I also believe that this ECTO 1A is the original, from my brief time taking photos of both on the WB lot in Burbank.

The Atlanta Braves Stadium appearance did happen with Ernie Hudson, who changed his mind about not riding in ECTO 1 half-way around the infield but didn't get in. This happened before the game started. Anyone else drive their ECTOMOBILE on a pro sports field? Oh yeah, my '66 was also at a half-time show at Candlestick Park (NY Giants / San Francisco 49's) where Huey Lewis autographed the headliner for me.

Salt Lake City..."Lagoon" theme park appearance and interviewed on TV "Utah Connections". I saw some really nice vintage cars cruising that town.

TTFN - Peter Mosen

(+0)

PostPosted: June 10th, 2012, 11:51 pm 
Ghosthead

Awesome, so after all these years of thinking I missed 1A @ the Braves game- It was actually the same Ecto-1 from Hardees earlier that day?

Haha I got a pic w/ you, Peter, when I was 4 years old at that Hardees haha.

(+0)

PostPosted: June 12th, 2012, 4:23 pm 

slaysghosts: Go ahead...I dare you...POST IT! Yeah, I believe that I was at a radio station earlier in the day...and...I think my fuel pump went on the highway in Atlanta and the car died. Luckily someone went and actually found the right fuel pump for a '59 Cadi and I switched out the pump on the spot...about 45 mins. On to the stadium!!! Whew that was close!

(+0)

PostPosted: June 21st, 2012, 5:54 pm 
Ghosthead

KingGB wrote:
slaysghosts: Go ahead...I dare you...POST IT! Yeah, I believe that I was at a radio station earlier in the day...and...I think my fuel pump went on the highway in Atlanta and the car died. Luckily someone went and actually found the right fuel pump for a '59 Cadi and I switched out the pump on the spot...about 45 mins. On to the stadium!!! Whew that was close!

GB fans always have each others backs. I wish I had been able to see it! Im jealous 20 years later lol

(+0)

PostPosted: September 29th, 2012, 4:05 pm 
Ghosthead

Too cool, for those of you who saw Ecto1 you were lucky because I only got to see Mac Tonight in Jacksonville Fl.

(+0)

PostPosted: October 15th, 2012, 9:57 am 
Ghosthead

The crazy thing about where i saw it was that it was Stoughton, Wisconsin, a middle of nowhere small town.

(+0)

Share On: Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter Share on Digg Digg Share on MySpace MySpace Share on Delicious Delicious Share on Tumblr TumblrShare on Google+ Google+