Discuss the Ghostbusters movie that was released in 2016.
By pferreira1983
Boomerjinks wrote:The game logo still haunts me.
Yeah that was awful. So dull and uninspiring. It's like they put the game logo through a cel shader. I hope with the new film they add some colour to the typeface, again the game title didn't do this. I begged Titan Entertainment to use the original title art but they said they had to go with the 2009 game title art. Yikes!
By gold333
pferreira1983 wrote:
Boomerjinks wrote:The game logo still haunts me.
Yeah that was awful. So dull and uninspiring. It's like they put the game logo through a cel shader. I hope with the new film they add some colour to the typeface, again the game title didn't do this. I begged Titan Entertainment to use the original title art but they said they had to go with the 2009 game title art. Yikes!
I didn't actually mind the GBTVG logo. It was like a video game likeness of the logo, the same way the characters were likenesses.
By pferreira1983
gold333 wrote:
pferreira1983 wrote: Yeah that was awful. So dull and uninspiring. It's like they put the game logo through a cel shader. I hope with the new film they add some colour to the typeface, again the game title didn't do this. I begged Titan Entertainment to use the original title art but they said they had to go with the 2009 game title art. Yikes!
I didn't actually mind the GBTVG logo. It was like a video game likeness of the logo, the same way the characters were likenesses.
I look at the spine of my PC game sitting on my shelf and it just doesn't stand out because the titling looks so dull. The actual cover artwork is okay but they ruin it with the title and logo. Slackers.
By d_osborn
From the gang at Proton Charging, it looks like the new logo is on display at the Ghost Corps office on the Sony lot. I'm guessing there's a chance that it's the Ghost Corps logo instead of what will be used for the reboot.

By Jangonate
I feel like with an awesome new office like that, Sony's pretty serious about revising this franchise. I so wanna go!

Wasn't there another picture with the sign hanging above the entrance and the two Ectos out front?
By d_osborn
Yeah, I don't have the pic handy, but the office facade looks like the firehouse with the sign hanging. The original and reboot Ectomobiles are parked out front. Pretty cool!
By d_osborn
For some reason, I can't edit my previous post. You can see the exterior of the office in this shot. Pretty cool!

Last edited by Kingpin on December 2nd, 2015, 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.Reason: Added youTube code
By PeteVenkman_Jedi
Sorry for the gripe, but I hadn't seen the new Ecto for a while. Seeing it in that clip I was instantly reminded of how nothing gear wise has my attention at all. How in the name of Gozer did that bland turd ever get green lit as a major motion picture car? It is mind numbingly devoid of any style.
By SpaceBallz
d_osborn wrote:From the gang at Proton Charging, it looks like the new logo is on display at the Ghost Corps office on the Sony lot. I'm guessing there's a chance that it's the Ghost Corps logo instead of what will be used for the reboot.

OMG....this put a huge smile on my face.

I....need...a...tour...

Also, I seen Howard Stern's "Private Parts" poster in the wall.
By d_osborn
SpaceBallz wrote: Also, I seen Howard Stern's "Private Parts" poster in the wall.
Ivan Reitman directed it.
By Dr_Rob_Cassidy
PeteVenkman_Jedi wrote:Sorry for the gripe, but I hadn't seen the new Ecto for a while. Seeing it in that clip I was instantly reminded of how nothing gear wise has my attention at all. How in the name of Gozer did that bland turd ever get green lit as a major motion picture car? It is mind numbingly devoid of any style.
It's the pink roof that puts me off....not overly thrilled with the yellow bucket warning light either
By groschopf
Here's a closer look at that sign. Notice the linework on the ghost, especially on the thumb of the left-side hand.
Not the same logo treatment as inside of the office on the backwall.

By groschopf
And as a side note on text treatment, there's this:

source: https://twitter.com/GhostbustersNet/sta ... 0400480256

Too bad that monitor is a bit washed out in the photo.

... gah. That free "Ghostbusters" font that's been kicking around for years.

source: http://www.freakpop.com.br/comic-con-ex ... -pictures/

Hmmm... it may be worth Googling the term "Caças Fantasmas" for the next few days.
By Scuba Steve
Shame... they went to all that trouble to build the offices and some inconsiderate person goes and takes a huge dump in the lobby.
By groschopf
Scuba Steve wrote:Shame... they went to all that trouble to build the offices and some inconsiderate person goes and takes a huge dump in the lobby.
Those photos of people posing with the car and props are from CCXP 2015 taking place this weekend down in Brazil, not the GhostCorps office in California. Kinda thought the source links and Portuguese text might have given that away, but clearly a cynical poop joke superseded thoughtful investigation.
By d_osborn
groschopf wrote:
Scuba Steve wrote:Shame... they went to all that trouble to build the offices and some inconsiderate person goes and takes a huge dump in the lobby.
Those photos of people posing with the car and props are from CCXP 2015 taking place this weekend down in Brazil, not the GhostCorps office in California. Kinda thought the source links and Portuguese text might have given that away, but clearly a cynical poop joke superseded thoughtful investigation.
I thought he was talking about the Private Parts poster. :love:
By Kingpin
Raystantz Italy wrote:I think the new "ghostbusters" are ungodly awful.
A nickle's worth of free advice: if you feel the unavoidable compunction to once again state how much you dislike the new film and how much you think it's going to be bad, especially a remark that has pretty much no specific tie to the subject of this topic (the likely logo), you might want to find something new to mention - this would be less likely to make people think you're being a repetitive troll and turn them off to your point of view.
By pyhasanon
I think that "Who you gonna call" logo on that back wall looks pretty sick... I like it... I wish I could say the same for the new Ecto, but meh, I'm still waiting and seeing...
By Raystantz Italy
Kingpin wrote:
Raystantz Italy wrote:I think the new "ghostbusters" are ungodly awful.
A nickle's worth of free advice: if you feel the unavoidable compunction to once again state how much you dislike the new film and how much you think it's going to be bad, especially a remark that has pretty much no specific tie to the subject of this topic (the likely logo), you might want to find something new to mention - this would be less likely to make people think you're being a repetitive troll and turn them off to your point of view.
My bad, i was talking about the cosplayers in the pics.
By Alex Newborn
Kingpin wrote:
skankerzero wrote:'Do this for us and you can make that movie you've been wanting to make.'
Much like with Murray, Ghostbusters II and The Razor's Edge.
Did you mean Murray, GB1, and Razor's Edge? Both films were released in 1984.

As for the logos... Let's start with the first one that began this discussion...

Those shadows simply make no sense.

The 'light source' is coming from upper left in order to create a shadow beside the head AND below the hand.

So if the slash of the red prohibition symbol is between the viewer and the ghost, it should ALSO cast a shadow onto the ghost's tummy.

Why doesnt' the ghost's head cast a shadow onto his shoulder the way it does onto the circle? That shoulder is between his head and the circle behind him.

In other words, adding the shadow ironically has made the ghost look MORE like a flat 2-D cutout than he did originally.

EDIT: I made this post before I realized there was a second page to this thread. I only just now saw the sign version.

As for the sign, thankfully the shadows follow a more logical pattern in this variation.

Both of my concerns with the previous version have been corrected. The head casts a shadow onto the shoulder, and the bar casts a shadow onto the ghost. Much more tolerable.

Alex

Also, sorry I can’t answer the question, but[…]

There's some fun dialogue TV-edits, a replacement[…]

Thanks The_Y33TER ! Confirmation there's no elect[…]

A little sneak preview of one of the bedrock parts[…]