Discuss the Ghostbusters movie that was released in 2016.
By bpontheair
Bill is on Howard Stern right now and said he hasn't read the script ... says GB3 is not the foremost thing on his mind right now.

Says the script is laying around the house somewhere ...

Talked very little about GB, but that's mainly because Howard jumped from topic-to-topic with him. No insight into GB3 (shocker).

Ended the call with "I have to go find that Ghostbusters script. It's over there somewhere." Howard said that he was going to call Ivan, to which Bill said, "I need to call him, too."
Sounds quite positive. With him bringing up the script at the end of the conversation it makes you wonder whether he either has read it, or certainly is interested in reading it. At least the idea of GB3 being a myth to him has been dispelled.
By AJ Quick
Raystantz Italy wrote:this, and the fact that he says "i need to call him too". Maybe to tell that he liked (or disliked) the script. is there any video of that tv show?
Did you read the post?
bpontheair wrote:Bill is on Howard Stern right now and said he hasn't read the script ...
He hasn't read the script. That's direct from Bill Murray.
By BSjohnson
What? Bill Murray? GB3 script? :yawn: Call me when someone sees the trailer at a movie theater.
By Bennyboombatz
Ya know, its too bad Howard wasn't a ghosthead, because he can be a pitbull in interviews where he wants to pursue a specific line of questioning. He can get George Takei to admit all the homosexual stuff he does in the bedroom, and every celeb that is interviewed often admits extremely candid feelings about this or that when he prys. He could've really prodded Bill into revealing lots of feelings about GB3 if he was apt to do so.
By Bennyboombatz
AJ Quick wrote:..... Why the hell would he?

Its a movie.. its not his personal life.
Because AJ, Howard is actually a great interviewer.

He would've been like, "So really? How come you haven't read it yet?" yadda yadda yadda "Is all this supposed distintest a put-on of sorts?" Point is, he pokes and he prods until he gets to the bottom of stuff. Would've been cool if he really interviewed him about GB3 feelings because most assuredly had he grilled him, I guarantee some new info would've came out.
By Foom Man
Howard Stern: Is it true that there is a Ghostbusters 3 and that you’re the problem and you will not sign off on this? Do you know about this?

Bill Murray: Yeah, I guess I’m the problem. Before I was an asset, [but] now I’m a problem. There’s a script somewhere [on my desk], but I haven’t read it yet.

Why haven’t you read it? Is it because you think it’s a bullsh*t idea? In other words, Ghostbusters has had its time and you did a remarkable job with that and you’ve moved on?

BM: There’s a little bit of that. I only made one sequel and it was Ghostbusters 2 and it didn’t end up the way it was presented.

About five years after we did the first one, the clever agents got us all together in a room and… we really are funny together, I mean they are funny people – Harold [Ramis] and Danny [Aykroyd] and myself, with Ivan [Reitman] and maybe one or two other people. We were just blindingly funny for about an hour or so and the agents, there was just foam coming off of them.

They had this pitch and Danny and Harold had concocted some story ideas… and it was a story, it was good story. I think I had even read one or two [scripts for Ghostbusters 2] that Danny had rolled out beforehand, but this one was a good one. I said, “Ok, we can do that one.”

It was just kind of fun to have all of us together… I mean [Rick] Moranis, Annie [Potts] – these people are just sterling people to begin with.

HS: So how do you go back and really make another? Does Ivan want to make [Ghostbusters 3]?

BM: Yeah, Ivan wants to make it and I… I owe him, ya know. He’s puzzled that I haven’t gotten to this one.

HS: How long has it been sitting on your desk, this script for Ghostbusters?

BM: Well, it may not be on the desk – it’s over there somewhere. How long? I don’t know.

Robin Quivers: So you have no interest?

BM: Well, I’ll get to it… I gotta get to it – I feel bad. I got a message and I think people – I don’t want to hurt anyone’s feelings – it’s not the foremost thing in my mind, so I don’t think about it.

You know, the studio gets excited every 10 years or so. What they’d really like to do is recreate the franchise. I remember when the new Ghostbusters was going to be Chris Rock, Chris Farley and Chris Crane… Kris Kringle… someone [laughs] – that had it together.

HS: Is that a threat to you? In other words, did they try to threaten you by saying we’re going to put together a new Ghostbusters and therefore you guys will have to go do it?

BM: It’s not a threat, it’s sort of businesslike – they’d like to keep it going. There are still kids today that watch this movie and love it, it’s still very popular. They still sell a lot of toys and everything.
By BSjohnson
Raystantz Italy wrote:http://screenrant.com/bill-murray-ghost ... co-102496/

there it is.

Bill admits that he has yet to read the script, and that he owe it [reading the script] to Ivan Reitman, because he know that the director would love to do another one.
Again ... ho hum. It's the same kind of thing we've been hearing all this time. I'm no more impressed with this interview than I am with the Letterman interview. Nothing in that transcript convinces me that this moves the project along. There's no "Yeah, I'm going to do it" , "The studio has greenlit the movie" , "I've signed the contract" ,"They've given me boat loads of money already" ... nothing. It's just Murray saying he likes the people inolved in the previous movies and that he should "get around to" reading the script.

I've personally heard it said from Dan Aykroyd's mouth not 6 feet away from my own ears that "We're working on the new movie and expect to star filming next year." and I still don't believe this movie is going to be made. There hasn't been a shred of compelling evidence to support that expectation.
By kevinj319
Great find! This is exactly in keeping with everything else we've heard from those who are actually in the know. Bill being really slow about reading scripts, doing everything on Bill Murray Standard Time, etc.

It also sounds like he has a healthy waryness of revisiting GB but is keeping more of an open mind than indicated in past interviews. I'm cautiously optimistic.
By Fifthrider
I'd go so far as to call his response in getting to the script as"intentionally slow." Bill has his opinions but he's putting on the public face of being reasonable and open minded while secretly enjoying turning the knife on those who want this done. Artists love to make the suits suffer, they see it as revenge or something. He's got the script and I'd wonder if he really hasn't read it or is just saying that. You're assuming his answer is truthful, not more typical Bill Murray evasiveness. He really is a master at that kind of behavior.

The people he's bothering most seem to be the fans and Aykroyd, not the suits and all those evil people who just want to merchandise and make toys out of everything. He really needs to get off his crusade. He'll only consider himself victorious when the project gets canceled and he goes down as being the guy who sank it. This is about control, not quality.
By Bennyboombatz
Well, after reading the transcript, I have to say that this has been one of the more enlightening interviews, be it truthful or not. If anyone was to go this deep with Bill, its definitely Howard, not some kiss-ass intern from Entertainment tonight or SpikeTV
By Boomerjinks
Howard needs to get his timeline straight. The success of Ghostbusters came almost ten years after the casting of Star Wars.
By ProtonCharger
unless you chum with him over root beer floats and golf, you are not allowed to refer to him on a first name basis.
By Shredder565
This just in! Bill Murray takes a shit! Breaking news! Bill Murray Breaks a 100 at hole 18! Even more Breaking news...Bill Murray buys a carton of Milk! Film at 11!..

I personally think this is all an in joke on the cast. They do it to build up publicity and keep people talking, while they figure out the plan of action they want to take...and have a laugh at it in the process..
By Fish
I really want to keep believing that he will finally give us the veredict soon...
I understand his side and ''fear'' about an eventual franchise abuse, but I think it would be great have this reunion and ''good bye'' from them...
By Mike_D
Howard put him on the spot and it seemed like it got to Bill a little, like he knows how he's acting. Makes me think he's gonna read the script really soon. I'm guessing by the end of March we'll hear something concrete.
By MyNameIsPeck
Mike_D wrote:Howard put him on the spot and it seemed like it got to Bill a little, like he knows how he's acting. Makes me think he's gonna read the script really soon. I'm guessing by the end of March we'll hear something concrete.
I took his comments as him leaning toward doing the film as a favor to Ivan Reitman, but I'm sure he's not going to do it if he thinks the script is crappy. Hope you are correct and we something one way or another by then.
    Ecto Containment Unit

First off awesome work!!! second of all where did […]

https://i.imgur.com/cMwtW9y.jpg Where do th[…]

Greetings from Montana

Hey and welcome

The amount of people participating in the milest[…]