Discuss the Ghostbusters movie that was released in 2016.
By Meph
http://www.avclub.com/articles/dan-aykr ... app,60973/
http://www.digitalspy.com/movies/news/a ... urray.html
“Yes, we will be doing the movie and hopefully with Mr. Murray," Aykroyd said, notably using the formal surname to let him know he’s angry, or maybe just disappointed. "That is our hope.” However, Aykroyd admonished, “What we have to remember is that Ghostbusters is bigger than any one component—although Billy was absolutely the lead and contributive to it in a massive way, as was the director and Harold [Ramis], myself, and Sigourney [Weaver]. The concept is much larger than any individual role and the promise of Ghostbusters 3 is that we get to hand the equipment and the franchise down to new blood."
He goes on to say that he's blind in one eye and bad knee, and Egon (Harold) is too fat. So they'll be passing on the equipment to fresh meat.

Think GB3 will succeed without Bill? Not financially, that's irrelevant. But story wise, comedic wise, etc. Think they can make a new GB movie and make it great without the talents of Mr. Murray?
I take anything Dan says with a grain of salt, since he is always very optimistic about Ghostbusters --- to a fault.

If true, it may just be that Murray needs to see them moving forward before he'll actually get motivated to make a decision. I think Murray still thinks the movie won't get made, and that's a major reason why he can't be bothered with it.
i agree, but can they legally go ahead with it without bill on board is the question...he just seems to be on the line when it comes down to doing it. one day he says he had fun doing the voicework for the game, the next day he doesnt want to do it. then he says hell do it as a favor to reitman etc etc maybe we just need a pixar-ish movie like dapperdan's artwork...maybe thatll be better off in the end
By Meph
More than likely Dan is more anxious or overzealous and optimistic than he is actually realistic. Which isn't that bad a thing, it shows he might have a passion for the project. Which gives hope to me that there is more than capitalization for a paycheck from the movie is going to happen, but they're going to actually try and make something good. If it's good or bad or just okay who knows, but Dan at least gives me some hope that he wants to TRY and make it good. So it has that going for it. Which is nice.
stephens540 wrote:i agree, but can they legally go ahead with it without bill on board is the question...
Technically no, but that depends on how bad they want to make the film. One possibility is as I said earlier, Sony could be getting the ball rolling in the hopes that Murray will jump on -- making tentative schedules, setting aside resources -- things that do move the project forward yet involve relatively little money lost if things don't pan out. Another possibility is they could buy Murray out-- pay him basically to not be in the movie, but to sign off on it. Yet another possibility, which is a longshot, is they could just decide to go ahead and make the movie anyway and tell Murray to pound sand. Murray would have to sue to stop it, and getting in a legal battle with a big company is probably isn't very appealing, even to someone with the resources of Bill Murray.

At any rate, if GB3 has any possible chance of succeeding, Bill Murray needs to be in it. No matter how it is glossed over or explained, having the Venkman character be completely missing would leave a hole as obvious as the projectionist skipping over an entire reel.
By SPJ
As much as I like the movies, I firmly believe the main reason the character of Venkman became so firmly entrenched in Ghostbusters fan love is the first season of The Real Ghostbusters. The voice acting and lines for that character made the show and endeared us to the character more than Bill's acting.

Granted Bill created the platform for the character but Mr Music did far more for the fan base in terms of making the character popular.

Just my take on it folks, feel free to take aim on my mark.....
ready
set
go
:cool:
By aceblackbelt
They should just CGI him in... Like they did with the younger Jeff Bridges in Tron Legacy. Or use some stock footage, then have him have an "accident" in the first 5 minutes of the film and have him be a ghost in the movie. He can guide the rookies like an Obi Wan, but with less hair...
http://www.movieline.com/2011/09/sigour ... ters-3.php

What’s the latest on Ghostbusters 3?
I don’t know! I get more stuff from you guys.

Have you read a script yet?
I’ve gotten a couple of phone calls. I think they’re still working on the script because they don’t know if Bill [Murray] is going to be a part of it or not. I can’t imagine us doing it without him, so fingers crossed. We’ll see.
I think that there is a way to have Venkman in the movie...without seeing Venkman (and without showing his ghost). Start the story with Peter being dead. Show Ray calling Egon and Winston and visiting Peter's grave and hinting that they do this once a year. This time, after they pay respect, something happens and the three grab they old proton packs and fail to accomplish their firts non-official job in decades. Dana shows up with Oscar and discuss with them the possibility of reopening the business (she has Peter's part of the society). Oscar want to become a Gb like his "dad", Dana doesn't let him to. Old Gbs hire and train new Gbs, Oscar joins them. Supernatural events keep encreasing. Big battle, Oscar save them all. In this way Peter will be remebered and missed from both the fans and the Gbs. You can throw a little Murray cameo at the end. Watching Oscar victory he says "Well, that's something you don't see every day!" sorry for my bad english!
By Biber
I do like the idea of Oscar being a GB however, I dont think I would like to see him as the MAIN character. The one that saves the day. I think that the ENTIRE new team should be the main anything in the movie. NOT just a single character. plus, they need to bring in some of the BIG BAD GHOSTS from the tv show, Boogey man, Sam Hain, Sandman, etc.. That would be incredibly SICK!!!! I would love it. And ya show murray "Venkman" dead, that may be a good idea, but after growing up with the cartoon and movies, I cant imagine Peter Venkman dead.... It just doesnt seem right!
Honestly, Just minimize Venkman's role to being CEO of Ghostbusters International. Have a few funny scenes with him and be done with it. That way Bill is in the movie and the world keeps spinning. Because let's face it at this stage of the game, Peter would've stepped into the CEO role. It would be foolish to think that Ghostbusters wouldn't be an global company. Also it would put butts in the seats. Think about his "cameo" in Zombieland. How many people flocked to it based on Murray's appearance? Or make him the *GASP* the bad guy.
DarkSpectre wrote:Honestly, Just minimize Venkman's role to being CEO of Ghostbusters International. Have a few funny scenes with him and be done with it. That way Bill is in the movie and the world keeps spinning. Because let's face it at this stage of the game, Peter would've stepped into the CEO role. It would be foolish to think that Ghostbusters wouldn't be an global company. Also it would put butts in the seats. Think about his "cameo" in Zombieland. How many people flocked to it based on Murray's appearance? Or make him the *GASP* the bad guy.
then it would still be a movie with dan aykroyd complaining about being too old, fat and with a gimp knee. which has been every role he's played since soulman.

gb3 should not happen if bill murray doesnt have the same amount/more screen time than aykroyd.
The best idea I ever heard (wish I could say it was mine) was someone on this board posted a quick thing about each character... Venkman being the superstar CEO, Egon having completely burnt out his mind and living more like a new age monk, Winston training the 'elite', more specialized Ghostbusters and I honestly forgot their idea for Ray....

I would have liked seeing those angles explored.

Although, if you think about it, Venkman being CEO, unless they could really do something with it... well, it's a pretty boring role --- they'd have to either give Murray something he hasn't done before, or moments for him to stretch his acting skills.... like if Dana died or something.
By Ricky
As sad as it would be to have a Ghostbusters movie without Bill it would be even sadder to NOT have a movie at all because of Bill... which is what seems to be the case so we are screwed either way hhahaha
looks like Bill's finally back from England!

http://hamptonroads.com/2011/10/buckle- ... ode-island

Seen in the Dulles Airport this morning: Bill Murray.
He was making a connecting flight to White Plains, N.Y. and he looked the disheveled part.
Faded green pants, a faded pink shirt, baseball cap from some nondescript golf course, four days growth of beard and a rollaway piece of luggage that looked like it had survived a tumble into the Grand Canyon.
From a plane.
I so wanted to drop a line on him from one of his classic movies, but I stopped short and gave him his privacy.
By Mr. D.
I don't understand what the big deal is if Mr. Murray does not do this movie? So let him be that way. Write him off as deal, or on vacation or something and move on.

Bill Murray has become kinda a jerk in his old age. It would be no loss to have him not in this movie (IMO). GB3 will kick butt either way, and Murray will regret not being a part of it later.
kevinj319 wrote:
stephens540 wrote:i agree, but can they legally go ahead with it without bill on board is the question...
Technically no,
And you say this why??? Is there some contract that say they can't make GB movies without Bill Murray?

kevinj319 wrote:At any rate, if GB3 has any possible chance of succeeding, Bill Murray needs to be in it.
I don't agree with this. As Aykroyd said, GB is more then just one person. I believe that doing the movie WITHOUT Bill Murray and it succeeding would put Murray in his place. As I said above, he has become a real jerk.

Just recently watched Groundhog Day again and was reading IMDB. Harold Ramis says many other were considered for the main role, but all were "too nice". WOW! What does that say about Murray?
well, Sony, Reitman, Ramis, Aykroyd and Murray share the Ghostbusters' rights. Everyone has to sign on to greenlight EVERY GB related project, expecially a movie. If Bill say no, they cant make GB3.

You are a GB fan and STILL don't know this???

got a link? It appears that some time today[…]

I love that. I actually think a better version of […]

Afterlife Ecto Goggles Build

Thank you for posting this information. This is a[…]

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks t[…]