Discuss the Ghostbusters movie that was released in 2016.
By OX_Bigly
At the end of an interview with Dan Aykroyd he stated that they are looking for three men and a woman in their early 20's.

What do you think the likelihood is they will use the characters from Extreme Ghostbusters?

I think it would be awesome and a great nod to the fans.

Also who do you think should play the Extreme crew? (provide pictures if possible)
AmandaKnox liked this
By Fritz
It would be neat, but I doubt it would happen. They're more likely to resemble the characters in the old treatment:
Franky, a body piercing New Jersey punker; Lovell, a dread-locked dude; Moira, a pretty but uptight gymnast and science major; Carla, a Latino beauty, and Nat, a prepubescent genius with a large cranium.
Or even more likely, something new.
By Some_Guy
Fritz wrote:It would be neat, but I doubt it would happen. They're more likely to resemble the characters in the old treatment:
Franky, a body piercing New Jersey punker; Lovell, a dread-locked dude; Moira, a pretty but uptight gymnast and science major; Carla, a Latino beauty, and Nat, a prepubescent genius with a large cranium.
Or even more likely, something new.
I hope to God that the quote here is false because that sounds like a terrible cast for a Ghostbusters movie.
By Fritz
Some_Guy wrote:I hope to God that the quote here is false because that sounds like a terrible cast for a Ghostbusters movie.
Apparently it's legit to the script draft written in 1999:

http://movies.ign.com/articles/366/366119p1.html
Stax here with my reaction to the screenplay for Ghostbusters 3: Hellbent! This 122-page first draft dated March 10, 1999 is by actor Dan Aykroyd, based on a story by Aykroyd and co-star Harold Ramis. Sadly, this highly anticipated sequel appears quite dead now. The many reasons why this Columbia Pictures-based project likely won't get off the ground are cited below.Dan Aykroyd last addressed Ghostbusters 3 back in November 1999, several months after this draft is dated.
.There is indeed a younger crop of Ghostbusters (or, as the script abbreviates it, GBs) introduced that perform much of the otherworldly legwork here. This new crew includes: Franky, a body-pierced, tough New Jersey punker; Lovell, a dread-locked dude; Moira, a pretty but uptight gymnast and science grad; and Carla, a Latino beauty. There¿s also Nat, a prepubescent genius whose powerful brain has made his head abnormally large. Despite his youth, Nat serves as a supervisor for the new GBs. That¿s all we ever get to know about these characters (we don't even learn their last names!) and they¿re our guides throughout most of the story.
Not too many people have seen that draft, but castewar of Proton Charging.com is one of them.

http://web.archive.org/web/200308022014 ... /gb3.shtml
I'm not really opposed to this movie idea as long as it's a decent cast that can act and has no 21st century references in it and soil the franchise but in all fairness i'm not really interested in a extreme ghostbusters movie just yet i at least just want one more with the originals before going ahead with this idea of new blood
By Skyknight
troy_225 wrote:Extreme ghostbusters would be cool
Allready said this in the EGB section. If they'd make it an Extreme Ghostbusters movie I'd be very disappointed if they don't cast Christina Ricci as Kylie. Well, this idea is in my head since mid 90's when EGB was brandnew and everything else would simply "feel wrong" for me.
By Tyrael
This made me think of the 200th episode of Stargate SG-1, where they imagine what Wormhole X-treme would be like reimagined with younger actors.
"Dude, she was totally a Go'a'uld."
"Yeah, but I was still gonna tap that!"

Sent from my rooted Nook Tablet
They have had the same idea in their heads for years involving students who are taken on as Ghostbusters, I heard that they only released the Extreme GB to "test" a public reaction to the idea, I loved the series, but the 4 young Ghostbusters were sadly nothing more than an experiment :(
They are using the same idea for the new movie and if they are using those other named characters instead of keeping the Extreme team alive it looks as though they are keeping some original features such as a GB who likes punk rock and a nerdy girl (hopefully still goth). That's Kylie and Edwardo almost cloned, but I would have really enjoyed seeing Garrett in it with some awesome graphics used in his fighting scenes. I want to see the Extreme team in live action, not recycled versions of Kylie and Edwardo and a couple more randoms chucked in.
I really love the idea of a nod to the "Extreme" cast. But im not sure if they'd copy the full idea to a film. But the smart idea is having 4 new recruits in there 20's in college. I can see Ray and Spengler being professors now. (Maybe a small backstory of them loosing their Ghostbuster titles "again"), Some major incident happens with a new enemy and causes them to train 4 new members. Same as the Extreme story. Plus new equipment and such along the way...

It would be a smart choice too considering the Bill Murray issue and such. Id be happy with a 3rd film with just an older Ray and Spengler teaching the n00bs. Perfect way to re-start the franchise for more films that way too.... and of course, i think most of us would love to see Kylie on the big screen. Being shes done well in the Extreme cartoon, and the comic books. She's a better choice than some random new girl in the story.
By mrmichaelt
TristanJones wrote:That script mention is a hundred percent correct. I've seen it. It's not pretty, but then again, Dan's original GB1 script wasn't either. You could make an EXCELLENT Extreme Ghostbusters story out of it though.
That's true on both counts... wait. You've "seen" it? The whole thing or excerpts?
By TristanJones
mrmichaelt wrote:
TristanJones wrote:That script mention is a hundred percent correct. I've seen it. It's not pretty, but then again, Dan's original GB1 script wasn't either. You could make an EXCELLENT Extreme Ghostbusters story out of it though.
That's true on both counts... wait. You've "seen" it? The whole thing or excerpts?
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... nt_count=1
mrmichaelt liked this
By mrmichaelt
...?! I didn't realize there would be a copy out there for sale. It probably doesn't have the Ramis and Reitman polish but that's still a cool collectible to have.

Can I crash at your place?
By mrmichaelt
Wow, very very cool of this person.

I believe it would. From what I recall, the new team had some strands that were picked up on for the Extreme Ghostbusters team. I don't know the story but it seemed like in 1997, they thought a GB3 was getting made for sure (heh) and they quickly greenlit an animated series. But Raynis did change the gender and personalities of a couple of these characters during production as Fil Barlow demonstrated on his deviantArt account. So yeah, the template is there so to speak.

As for it not being a very good movie, the first drafts are always out there. And Ramis and Reitman ground it into reality, well more relate-able terms. Just trying to make a movie alone for a new team would be hard enough. Look at EGB, it's polarizing among the fans. Some love it. Some hate it. Look at Sanctum of Slime. Even more polarizing. But to be fair, it was the game play. But from what pages Proton Charging showed online, it could make for a neat sophmore team story. It be kind of cool to wrap it into the IDW canon and call back to one of Peter's lines in the beginning of Sanctum of Slime where he's aghast at the thought of hiring another team of rookies. And technically, Erik already introduced the concept of interdimensional limbos and relatively close they are to the physical plane right in the first arc of Volume 2. The Manhellttan concept from Hellbent would fit well in to what's established. Though I think the notion of Ghostbusters Inc. being a massive corporation with fleets of Ghostbusters would probably have to be dropped again (again since I recall it was a cut ending from the first movie).
By guitar1036
http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/guitar1 ... c2c2c8.jpg

Would've liked to see this crew as the new team... not replacements. Emma Stone (though it looks like she's out now), Christina Ricci, Simon Pegg, and Jonah Hill. What do you think?

My idea is based on if the movie took place in current time. Pegg would be the rookie from the video game and the rest would be recruits that have tacked on along the way. Also, yes - nod to extreme ghostbusters with Ricci. In my mind she's a great fit.

I cut out the middleman and sprayed my pack and ba[…]

I'm hoping we'll see another set when the next F[…]

Hey, anyone else playing this game? I want to find[…]

GBFANS Ghostlabs light kit

When you say you only have the proton pack light k[…]