Discuss the Ghostbusters movie that was released in 2016.
By M.Thunder
On twitter:

Keep in mind, literally anything can happen between now and when the movie is actually made and released. We know of at least three completed scripts that got tossed over the years.

Still, this is going to be enough to bring down the storm.

Brace yourselves. Things are about to get real busy around here.
By LandoSystem
I enjoy nearly everything these two have ever done.
Parks & Rec, Arrested Development, Bridesmaids, the Heat, Freaks & Geeks, the Office (US) and even some MADtv.
Female leads are perfectly fine with me! I'm looking forward to it. I only hope it's not a remake.

My picks for a cast:
Melissa McCarthy (I think she's great when she's not screaming)
Kristen Wiig
Aubrey Plaza
And.... Chris Pratt as Oscar. I think Chris Pratt should be in everything.
Azgbfan, Carpeteria liked this
By featofstrength
"And yes, it will star hilarious women." - Another snotty message to fans AND a big check to cash.
LandoSystem wrote: My picks for a cast:
Melissa McCarthy (I think she's great when she's not screaming)
Kristen Wiig
Aubrey Plaza
And.... Chris Pratt as Oscar. I think Chris Pratt should be in everything.
Just trying to think "franchise" like a studio:
Too old
Too old
Possible candidate
Where's wife, Anna Faris?
GhostBustin_84, goldenhawk, the0x and 1 others liked this
By Donkey8012
I can get over the women-leading thing, and I like most of the names being tossed around...except Melissa McCarthy. She just tries too hard. IMO, she tends to get a little overbearing. Also, they need to bring back everyone they can from the original films, but I'm sure they've already got that in mind.
By DarkSpectre
So get ready for Apple Store looking equipment and probably all black armored uniforms. Looks like there's going to be a huge divide in Gb cosplay now. You'll have all of us sporting the classic original gear an then you'll have a bunch of "Ghostsmashers" with their iPacks and black leather uniforms. The fact that Paul Feig and his writer are ignoring the established continuity, says that they don't respect the property enough to make it a sequel. Why is it even called Ghostbusters 3 if it's not recognizing the original films? I also don't appreciate Paul Feig's jab at the fans. Wonder how long it will take for people who have never seen the originals stumble onto this site after this film comes out and wonder what the hell we're all wearing and building.
By DocLathropBrown
This will be the situation that may splinter the fanbase, possibly revealing a buried sexism, methinks.

But it ain't Dan Aykroyd or Ivan Reitman saying it this time. An actual director confirms it. Can't get much more official than that: it actually is in the works. All it has to do is not get shelved before it goes in front of cameras. Has a director ever been officially announced for GB3 before? I don't think it's ever been close enough to.

I really, really will be disappointed if Ray and Winston aren't at least supporting characters in the film. But at the end of the day, the concept of Ghostbusting has already got my ass in the seat. The credentials of the talent behind the film already are in the right ballpark. Much more than before. Roll on, GB3.

I just wish other sites would stop reporting it as a reboot, as I am completely sure it isn't. They wouldn't be calling it "3" if it was a reboot. That's just crappy, inaccurate reporting on the behalf of the internet.
By LandoSystem
DarkSpectre wrote:The fact that Paul Feig and his writer are ignoring the established continuity, says that they don't respect the property enough to make it a sequel. Why is it even called Ghostbusters 3 if it's not recognizing the original films? I also don't appreciate Paul Feig's jab at the fans. Wonder how long it will take for people who have never seen the originals stumble onto this site after this film comes out and wonder what the hell we're all wearing and building.
Where has he said it will be a remake and not a continuation of the original? I also haven't seen any jabs at fans.
I know there has been a lot of speculation and the word "reboot" thrown around a lot but reboot =/= remake.
By LandoSystem
I don't think he ever actually said it would be a remake, though. I think it's conjecture reported as fact based on the talk of a new cast / reboot. I also don't see any kind of jab at fans anywhere.
By pyhasanon
I'm just going to "wait and see..." which means I will still watch it... I just won't expect much from it as to not make myself disappointed...
By deadderek
Just out of curiosity, outside of tweets and Dan's cheerleading, has SONY EVER in an official capacity or press release ever announced GB3?
By venkman30
Well ghostbusters is heading down the crapper now. im really not looking forward to this. Guess I'm getting old cuz I do not like change. In my opinion if this movie isn't done right or good for that fact there's gonna be a lot of upset ppl. Like do they not take the fans into consideration before they decide to make these movies. Give me flack for this post if you want. I just really don't like this news. Also does anyone know if this guy directing it is even a fan of ghostbusters or is he just in it for the pay check.
By Ecto_1X
venkman30 wrote:Well ghostbusters is heading down the crapper now. im really not looking forward to this. Guess I'm getting old cuz I do not like change. In my opinion if this movie isn't done right or good for that fact there's gonna be a lot of upset ppl. Like do they not take the fans into consideration before they decide to make these movies. Give me flack for this post if you want. I just really don't like this news. Also does anyone know if this guy directing it is even a fan of ghostbusters or is he just in it for the pay check.
Totally agreed. The fact he is rebooting it and not making this new GB a continuation of the last two movies is just a slap to all the fans out everywhere in the world. According to the article, it's a complete reboot with 'clever' nods/easter eggs to the originals.. like WTF? Costumes, Equipment are all going to be different. I don't really give a crap of how he words it. "Our Take on it" is still a reboot to the franchise.
By kevinj319
Hollywood is so clueless regarding what moviegoers want. I hate the idea of throwing out the original story and starting over. A fresh start with a new Ghostbusting franchise would be fine, but to pretend the first two movies never happened... nobody wants to see that kind of bull. I want to see Oscar. I want to see a Spengler offspring carry on Egon's legacy. I want to see the original 'busters in cameos to show they're still busting heads. I know these are just the opinions of one man, but I have a feeling I am in a very strong majority here.

Hopefully this doesn't go anywhere.
nick-a-tron liked this
By syntaxerror
I had no qualms with anything about this announcement, not a damn thing.

I even liked Paul Feig; he gave me Freaks and Geeks, so I was willing to sit through a Ghostbusters helmed by him. And Dippold is of Parks & Rec, another plus (for me, at least).

The thing that really just tears it for me though is the dissolving the link to the established cannon. I don't care how much I can try to gloss over the loss of Harold and Bill, the only reason I ever rationalized the idea of another Ghostbusters movie is because I just wanted a glimpse into the world of where the characters are NOW.

To see the story go on.

To take that way, to wash out all the history, it just really upsets me.

Of course I'll see it, and I'll probably enjoy it, but to not get to see an older Stantz, Venkman, Zeddemore and the state of the Ghostbusters world today, as established in the movies I've loved for years --- that's a great loss to me.

I don't want a nod and a wink, I want those characters back.
guitar1036 liked this
By wishtheend
Ya know, I'm not really at all offended by the idea. Any new movie is not going to in any way tarnish the original ones. And to a degree, I think them tying it to the original flicks is shooting themselves in the foot because they would have to explain the lapse in time, the comparison of men in the 80s/only(mainly) women now, the missing GBs etc. The pass the torch idea just won't work because they would have to pretend that either GBs have existed the whole time (thus why would anyone be freaked out by ghosts) or that nothing has happened from GB2 until now (which doesn't line up with the way the first 2 movies portray the GBs place in the world).

I hold GB as close as all of you, but if they are going to touch it. I am more excited by something fresh. Go bold or go home I think.
By Ecto_1X
Ron Daniels wrote:
Ecto_1X wrote:Here's the Entertainment Weekly Interview with Feig

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2014/10/08/p ... rs-female/
This is precisely what I was hoping to not read. Origin stories. Ignore the canon. Just start over.

I'll watch it. But I don't have high hopes.
Same here. I just don't like the fact they are throwing out what was canon on top of the a billion things I don't like in that article.
By DocLathropBrown
Ah, so it IS ignoring the established continuity.

I was on-board with it and excited, until that. Now I don't really care much. I wanted a sequel. Even if Stantz, Venkman and Zeddemore had retired and didn't appear, I wanted to count it in the canon. Now it's a canon of it's own. So to the reboot I say "meh."

I'll wait for home video.
By M.Thunder
"I love Katie. Our sensibilities and our comedic tastes completely dovetail with each other so when this one came up there was no other name I thought of." > (http://insidemovies.ew.com/2014/10/08/p ... rs-female/)

This is my biggest....EEEEH....statement right now. He went right to his favorite co-writer, and they bantered ideas back and forth, and they got super excited, and it's going to be super great he promises. <(that article in a nutshell).

He hasn't mentioned conversations with Ivan Reitman, or story meetings with Dan. He probably won't be looking at the previous drafts of the script, even the last one Harold Ramis worked on. A thing he says over and over again is that this is going to be HIS thing, he's not remaking "a classic," he's doing his own new thing that's going to be very "fun."

I'm glad he's going to be enjoying himself so much. One thing we've always known is if Ghostbusters was going to survive, it was going to need fresh blood with new ideas and original stories, instead of someone who was repeating what he'd already seen done. At least he sounds enthusiastic, which is good, I mean, heaven knows we need some enthusiasm.

But he's keeping this firmly in his comfort zone. He's working with his favorite co-writer. He's guaranteed to pull in actors he's worked with before. He's using the same producing partner he always uses. This is going to be a very Paul Fieg movie.

But frankly, I'm not worried about the movie. The movie will take care of itself. The fact that it's a new continuity actually means fans of the old movie can completely ignore the new one, if they want to. They're only connected conceptually.

I'm more concerned about what this might mean for the comic book. If Sony pulls the license, or splits off Fiegbusters into their own thing like they did with RGB way back in the day...

THAT is what scares me right now.
By YHSCraig
I think it's telling that Paul said that Sony told him that NOBODY wanted to touch a GB3 movie.I think he's got balls just taking on the project and I can't help but think that keeping the franchise alive is an overall good thing. Wouldn't a new take on Ghostbusters that is successful be better than a failed attempt at re-creating the magic of the original? The only thing I am really disappointed about is not being able to see Etan Cohen's script.

I also have a sneaky feeling that Bill Murray will show up in a cameo.
Carpeteria liked this
By YHSCraig
Also, I know people want to point to The Heat as a reason to not be excited about the team of Feig/Dippold but I think it's only fair to point out the genius of Freaks and Geeks as well as Bridesmaids being one of the funniest movies of the last 5 years.

In taking a look at Dippold's credits, she's written 7 episodes of Parks and Rec (the best comedy on television in my opnion)
Just some food for thought as this discussion moves on,

- Bowling for Votes (2012) ... (written by)
- Meet 'n' Greet (2011) ... (written by)
- Fancy Party (2011) ... (written by)
- Indianapolis (2011) ... (written by)
- Summer Catalog (2010) ... (written by)
- The Set Up (2010) ... (written by)
- Beauty Pageant (2009) ... (written by)
Carpeteria liked this
By GhostBustin_84
First off, let me just say, I HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH FEMALE GHOSTBUSTERS. I just think doing and all female(which may or may not be the case) just for the sake of doing it, and possibly just to stick it to the fans at this point, is a ridiculous reason to do so. But whatever I can deal with all that.

Now for what really irritates me. IF it is indeed a reboot, and a rewrite, throwing out all that the original 2 were, and the script/idea that Harold had input into before passing. That's unacceptable for me. If Ray and Winston aren't in it training a new group. Again, unacceptable for me. And a BIG SCREW YOU to the fans. Ya know, the ones that have made Sony all kinds of money buy buying the first 2 movies like 5 times each because of all the different formats or added stuff and every lil piece of GB memorabilia. Oh and Fieg shows just how much he cares what we think with his lil quip there.
robpenfold liked this
By Carnacki
Well, now my hopes and dreams I had since I was nine has been completely shattered by that idiot. You're completely ignoring the last two movies and starting fresh? The only moron that wants that is you, Feig. Now I really want this project to die, because this is the biggest slap in the face for all us fans of Ghostbusters. He's clerly not a fan of the movies. He just wants to make Bridesmaids with ghosts. Ugh, I am so heartbroken!!
By M.Thunder
Some_Guy wrote:there's nothing to lose if it flops, and everything to gain if it's successful.
Nothing except the comic... the one thing we had left that was actually alive in this franchise...

Amy Pascal, they were right under your nose the whole time and you didn't notice. You should have taken a harder look at some people already working for you.

You, yourself, don't seem to really understand what you have in "Ghostbusters." But hey, you finally found a director willing to make a Ghostbusters film after you agreed to let him make it his own way. Congratulations. Keep up that attitude and the film will (probably) get made. That's no easy feat!

It's just not what we were hoping for. Oh well. We've still got the comic...for now... kind of... :(
New PKE build

One more video demonstration with handheld operati[…]

Yep, and nightmare on elm street dream warriors.

You can see our Paranormal Boots in action here: […]

Ghostheads

Ghostheads is SO bad. So cringe. Not even in a g[…]