Discuss the Ghostbusters movie that was released in 2016.
By Ultramagnus
The end of the world will be on February 14th 2016.

Valentines Day... Bummer.

I don't know if anybody has discussed this already but I think it would be a neat little throwback if the writers of the movie intend for GB3 to take place then. I know its a little bit into the future but whats a couple of years, I think it would also help to explain why 3 out of 4 members of the original team were way to old to be strapping on the equipment again.

I say that without hate but look at Ernie he kept himself in shape. I also think he should lead the team of new recruits to make up for him never getting any love.

Just a thought I wanted to share,

I apologize if this had been discussed already.
By darthvader_22uk
he basically said, that:
he hopes that its starting in the spring
bill isnt the only one responsible for the hold,
again confirms that they are 'passing the torch' to younger GB's
has ideas for casting but doesn't name names
wants 1 girl in her early twenties and 3 guys in their twenties (Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!)
the baddies are going to be bigger

I am going to be controversial to some people but as much as i love the franchise I am really hoping this film doesn't happen, I would rather they focus their energy on a new cartoon series or game. Keeping the original characters.

I thought they might of learned from the relative failures of EGB sure it was well made but it didn't have a fragment of the interest the original series. not because it was poorly made but because nobody ( or at least any one I knew) loved or even cared about the characters. The best episode was the finale when the original ghost busters came back.

Don't get me wrong i've got nothing against sexual equality or the handicapped but did that series really need to be that Politically correct? it looks like the movie is going down the same route.
By philmorgan81
It's funny, I share the same oppinion as you on the EGB series. I enjoyed it but I didn't love it as much as the original series. When I read about the charachter development of EGB, they claim that it wasn't their intention to be PC. I call BS on that one. I'm hoping for the third film, but I share your worries on the passing of the torch. But with all the original guys their to hand over their jumpsuits to a new crop might work. I would love to see if they could put my worries to rest. It wouldn't be the first time I was suprised by a film.
By darthvader_22uk
I am prepared to be surprised im just not optimistic. I cant think of another instance of a reboot such as this adding new characters that has truly been as successful or has measured up to the original line up. The blues bros 2000 keeps springing to mind when theres talk of ghostbusters 3. who could actually fill the shoes of the original cast never mind the much loved characters? bill dan and harold are some of the greatest comic minds ever, who could bring the same sort of formula? I cant help but think if they do it its going to have the wrong feel. it's going to be a poor imitation of a classic movie.
By Raystantz Italy
I think, as long Dan, Harold, Ivan and Bill are behind (and IN) GB3......we should not worry....we can start REALLY be afraid when and if there will be talks of a GB4 with only the new team :(
By darthvader_22uk
I know exactly what your saying Raystantz Italy, but to me its almost the problem this film should have been done 15 years ago. for me it's really would be like someone coming in a t christmas and p*****g on my presents. its something great but it's tainted.

the ghost busters to me is venkman,stanz, zeddemore and spengler and what they do, how they interact. not purely the franchise itself.

but when its made I'll probably give in and see it anyway.
By ThrowingChicken
I'm fine with the new blood, so long as the old crew sticks around for at least a couple movies (assuming this thing goes to GB3 and beyond), and no mater what I want the old crew to save the day at the end of the next sequel.
By Raystantz Italy
I think i'll go to see it even if it is Dan, Bill, Harold and Ernie sitting in a corner smoking cigars for 10 minutes :D If Sony is willing to reboot the franchise and make GB4, 5, 6 with only a new team...well...to me GB end with Ghostbusters III.
By philmorgan81
I agree. I know I've said it before, but I have no problem with the original guys sitting back on the actual ghost busting through most of the movie as long as they appear throughout the film giving advice with plenty of funny lines, and that they suit up just one more time and save the day. You know maybe show up in the last 15 minutes of the movie and help the newbies.

Just tossing that idea out there.
By Raystantz Italy
i'm with you, my friend. I'd like the beginning with Ray discovering some strange events after years of quiet.....then he calls up Egon and Winston. Then Oscar shows up to convince them to reopen the business. They agree, New GBs in action with the older three teaching them. At one point Peter appears (he sniffed the money) :D Kali Yuga, new Gb and Old Gb togheter.
By mrmichaelt
"A young woman in her 20's and three men in their 20's"?

A 'slightly older from when we last saw them' Extreme Ghostbusters team just shot through my brain. :walterpeck:

I still hope they keep all the animated series happenings in continuity/don't contradict anything.
By gbrob
I'm starting to think that over the last couple years the Studio didn't want to go against The Dark Knight and Avatar. Not to mention that Harry Potter is gonna end soon, so that's another big franchise out of the way as far as competition goes....

Interesting that Dan hinted at 2012 in that video though.
    Positron Props GB1 Pack Build

Awesome!! Good luck on your build! Tom's shell i[…]

Trailer posted for release for the Frozen Empire u[…]

Trivia, callbacks etc I noticed so far *Cover A *[…]

Matty Trap - Replace Pedal?

Has anyone successfully transferred the pedal elec[…]