By Ron Daniels
The belt itself. One of the fob holders was made from the same seatbelt fabric.

You can see specifically in the pictures of the suit at Sony, that the portion of the belt with the clasp has about 4-6 inches of seatbelt fabric. This is the portion used to adjust the size of the belts. They also have some grey backing material to make the belts "stiffer."
By GhostGuy
The belt at Sony is light gray and has silver eyelets though. I find it hard to beleive the original belts lightened that much in color and the eyelets lost all their paint. Also the Sony belt doesn't look at all like seatbelt fabric. It's just sewn at the edges.
By GhostGuy
Where can you see the front then? I'm looking around the clasp but the reference photos I have are too low res to see what's peeking out from behind it.
By Austin
3'' Black Webbing in front, 3'' gray webbing in back. Silver eyelets painted black. 2'' seatbelt material or 2'' webbing for the adjustable strap, depending on the belt.

All of the large fobs use 2'' material for the most part. Some odd ball ones used some a little smaller.
By BlkMesaHero
Well guys remember, this is still prototype phase. I have been made aware of the width issue yesterday by The Roach On Twelve.

I have sent instruction to Tactical Tailor to have three of the five prototypes made to fit the 3" web belts and the rest for the 2.25"web belts.

Do you guys think I have selected the correct size rings? It's is important to get the size of the rings because once prototyping has past, accuracy will count.
By Ron Daniels
Honestly, the smaller belts are more widely available, and unless you absolutely want to nail accuracy down there is no need to have the belt custom made.
By BlkMesaHero
Supplies for both 3" web belts and the 2.25"web belts will be accounted for in the coming weeks.
By BlkMesaHero
Ron Daniels wrote:Honestly, the smaller belts are more widely available, and unless you absolutely want to nail accuracy down there is no need to have the belt custom made.
Accuracy of the rings themselves is what I meant. As far as having to fit different web belts, I might as well have both sizes made.
By BlkMesaHero
OK folks, I just got in the Prototypes from Tactical Tailor. They all look great.....if you have a 2.25 web belt! They didn't make any of them fit the 3 inch web belts! So I have a simple solution, I'll have to make the things myself.

Well I was trying to hold off until I got all of my supplies in before I let this out of the bag but I figure those of you keeping an eye on this would like a little news.

In this image you'll see the following: 2 inch nylon webbing black and 1 inch nylon webbing in black, white and gray. Each roll is 50 yards and should have plenty for awhile.

Here is what I have in for the hardware right now. The V Ring, 1" Wire Snap Hooks, 1" Dee Rings, and some normal key rings. What I have backordered and still waiting on is 2" Dee Rings, 1" Swivel Hook, and 1" Trigger hook. The big thing I am still waiting on is a 4" Bench Hot Cutter(damn it I want a really clean edge). Once the Hot Cutter arrives I'll start work, until then...... Cheers.
By Demon Vice Commander
This may be a bit of a tangent, but are we 100% certain that the 2.0" inner straps on the black 3.0" GB2 belts were made of seatbelt strapping? From the high-res screenshots that I've seen, as well as some recent photos of Ernie's GB2 belt (when he wears it to cons), it appears to made of just ordinary nylon webbing. The only screenshot where it looks remotely like seatbelt strapping is when Winston is about to get hit by the Ghost Train in the subway tunnel...

I'm not trying to say that anybody is wrong about the belts having seatbelt strapping. Not only is the idea cool, but the members on here who have used seatbelt strapping have made some truly amazing looking belts.

Any thoughts?
By Ron Daniels
In so much as I can respond - yes I'm sure. There are pictures out there - that not everyone is privy to(myself included) that show it clearly.

I know that doesn't help much. : /
By BlkMesaHero
OK guys it's time for another update. A while ago I said I was still waiting on some tools and parts, well here they are.

Hot Cutter and new Rings.

2" Dee's and 2" O Rings

Look at that cutting edge. That is going to make short work of the cuts and very clean too.

I am still waiting on two different bits, trigger hooks and swivel hooks. Now I am heading to Northern California for the next month so I won't be able to do any work then. I will take some time once I get back and get started.

ETA: I choose the 2" Nylon Webbing for the first few runs because I feel that it will hold up longer and last a very long time. I will eventually move over to the 2" Seat Belt webbing just not yet.
By BlkMesaHero
Finally I have something more to add. I have recently received the last of my hardware the other day. I give you Swivel Hooks and Trigger hooks.

I will be starting work on these in a few days. I just have to locate a suitable sewing machine. I already have one in mind and a local shop which I can buy it form.
By BlkMesaHero
I finally have the last piece to my project, a sewing machine. Not just any one, this one.
http://www.sailrite.com/Ultrafeed-LSZ-1 ... ng-Machine

See those spools of thread on top of the cover? Black and White 4000 foot spools and a 250 foot one free.

Now I have to learn how to use the damn thing and I can get started. Keep checking back for more updates.
By GhostGuy
On the sewing front, here's a little tip I learned when I sewed my own armbands:

Whenever you begin a stitch start maybe half an inch ahead of where you plan to go, then go back, then go forward again to complete the stitch. Then at the end of the stitch, reverse back over it by half an inch again before you cut the thread. This prevents the stitch from pulling out.
By BlkMesaHero
Good advise.

I have one thing I need help from all of you. Should I use velcro to make the Fobs easy to take off? Or, should I sew the Fobs completely to have an extremely strong end product? Please voice your opinions. Roach on Twelve, I know your stance on this.
By Cyland Props
I believe ripped this out of the Profiles In History auction a while back. It's Ray's belt with the sound meter or Monitor 4 pouch to the left. The 2" strap with the clasp is seatbelt strap while the other bits are webbing. Also notice the leather fob.

Link to actual big photo:
http://cylandprops.com/GB2backbeltPIHpic.jpg
By Cyland Props
Demon Vice Commander wrote:Amazing find Cyland Props!

:crunch:

THIS is the reference photo of the GB2 belt that we've been looking for. How long have you been holding out on us?

Well funny thing was I had it sitting there in my picture achive but it was in a different folder and most of the PIH auction photos of it I have are not that nice of quality. I just found it today while looking for other stuff. A trip to the leather store is in order.
By Ron Daniels
That pouch with the strap was used by Egon in the Vigo Showdown for that Decibel Meter. You can see it on the HD copy; but I've never seen any shot from the movie with Ray having it - so I guess it could also be used for other things.
By Cyland Props
I might have a better picture but:

From the Ghost Jogger scene in the movie notice the Monitor 4 on his right in a pouch and the sound level meter in his hand and the pouch on his left.

a blowup:

Edit better picture:

By Ron Daniels
Hrm.

Interesting. That Monitor 4 pouch looks a little different, though that could be the shape and size of the Monitor 4 causing that.
By Demon Vice Commander
Ray also has either the Monitor 4 or Sound Meter hanging from his belt in the shot during the montage when they have the street blocked off and are running toward Ecto-1a.

Nice find; I've known about these stills, but this is the first I've actually seen of them. Would you be willing to post the full version of the bottom picture, by any chance?
By BlkMesaHero
Ah guys, please keep in mind that this is a build thread that I am still working on.
GBFANS Ghostlabs light kit

When you say you only have the proton pack light k[…]

I'm not familiar with this one (is it a model?) […]

Also somewhat related question...I don't see giz[…]

Ghostbusters Day 2024

Even if Frozen Empire somehow made a billion dol[…]