By TheRockman
Here is where someone would probably give you a rough time about not using the search feature on the site (which you would have found this info very quicly by doing).

But, since I see you are a fellow Best Carolinian, I'll help ya out:

katarra8 on ebay and etsy (decent GB1 and GB2 patches)
marmota2 on etsy (better quality GB1 patches in my opinion)

Hope that helps ya.
By IPv6Freely
marmota2 will have the better quality GB1 and GB2 patches, both no-ghost logo and name patch. Katarra8's are pretty inaccurate (dont know if that matters to you)
By Matt Campbell
The A in your name tag looks a lot like the A on the GB 1 STANTZ name tag, so it could be considered accurate.
By Tight-Pants Jack
I've ordered from marmota2 in the past and have been very satisfied with his service. I needed my name tag sized in a unique way to fit my flight suit, and requested a different style for one of the letters, and he was extremely accommodating.
By lunchbox739
Sorry to necro this thread...My GF was trying to pick up a set of patches for one of my flightsuits for me as a xmas gift. She knows im a stickler for accuracy where I can be..so she actually trolled the forums here and found the name Marmota2 on her own. She placed the order under the premise that turnover was 2 weeks worst case...a month later she starting sending emails to marmota with no repsonse and finally today was informed that marmota does not make these patches anymore. She says she had to literally threaten to file a dispute with paypal before she even got a response.

So my question is...whos selling the most accurate patches now? katara8's GB1 stuff isnt too bad in my opinion but her GB2 name patch is awful....anyone have a suggestion?
By drjameshouse
lunchbox739 wrote:Well that would explain why she was slow to get a response....why would they say they didn't sell them anymore though....if that wasn't the case? She got refunded her money today as well
Isn't that JoJo?
Check out this thread http://www.gbfans.com/community/viewtop ... =4&t=28292
His screenname is Joey on here, although he doesn't sell here...which led to some violations of seller rules. I want to say he sells on bonanza.com or something. There should be links in the thread somewhere.
By your evil twin
Looks like perhaps this might it? http://www.bonanza.com/booths/JoeyES

His etsy store no longer has ghostbusters name patches but the bonanza one does. I'm only seeing Ghostbusters 1 style stuff, I'll ask him if he also still does Ghostbusters 2.

My surname is Van Wingerden-Cross, obviously too long for a name patch, so I'm wondering whether to do "Wingerden" or "Cross". Cross is nice and short and simple, but not terribly interesting, certainly compared to names like "Venkman" and "Zeddemore". While Wingerden feels a bit more ghostbusterish, but its 9 letters long so the letters would need to be squashed a bit.

And then there's the question of whether to use Ghostbusters 1 style or Ghostbusters 2. Am I right in thinking the Videogame used something similar to Ghostbusters 2 style?
By lunchbox739
Here is the word I have gotten... as of now he is no longer selling the GB2 style name patches due to a loss of supplier of the fabric he was using and his machine is down. No ETA on when it will be back up and running as its not a priority.

This info is straight from correspondance sent to my womans email... looks like folks looking for GB2 name patches may have to wait a while or settle for something less then accurate.

If anyone happens to come across another seller who has a product that is on par with what Joey was offering prior please chime in and let us know. =)
By Matt Campbell
lunchbox739 wrote:So my question is...whos selling the most accurate patches now? katara8's GB1 stuff isnt too bad in my opinion but her GB2 name patch is awful....anyone have a suggestion?
I've heard a few people say that about Katara8's Ghostbusters II stuff but I ordered one last month anyway and I have to say I don't see what's wrong with it.

Here's a photo

It may look a little warped but it is currently attached to my hoodie and that's the best picture I could get of it.
By IPv6Freely
Matt Campbell wrote:
lunchbox739 wrote:So my question is...whos selling the most accurate patches now? katara8's GB1 stuff isnt too bad in my opinion but her GB2 name patch is awful....anyone have a suggestion?
I've heard a few people say that about Katara8's Ghostbusters II stuff but I ordered one last month anyway and I have to say I don't see what's wrong with it.

Here's a photo

It may look a little warped but it is currently attached to my hoodie and that's the best picture I could get of it.
There's nothing WRONG with it, as long as you don't have any issue with it being inaccurate.

Joey's stuff is still the most accurate out there. If his name patches aren't listed in his shop anymore, I'd send him a message on etsy asking him to make you some.
Jairus liked this
By Alex Newborn
your evil twin wrote:Cross is nice and short and simple
Plus you get some instant 'Bill Murray cred' among this crowd with subliminal recognition of his character in Scrooged: Francis Xavier Cross.

I have a couple JoJo patches and some Katarra ones, and I honestly prefer hers.

Alex
By your evil twin
Haha, I forgot about that. Hmm, I had been leaning towards Wingerden (assuming it could be done without the letters looking too ridiculously squashed), but now Cross is gaining some extra appeal...
By Matt Campbell
IPv6Freely wrote:There's nothing WRONG with it, as long as you don't have any issue with it being inaccurate.

Joey's stuff is still the most accurate out there. If his name patches aren't listed in his shop anymore, I'd send him a message on etsy asking him to make you some.
I want to point out I'm not out to cause an issue on the subject, I'm just curious as to how it is inaccurate? Seriously I can't 100% tell. Is it a spacing issue? Because aside from the J in the JONES tags pictured in your post from above the font looks pretty much the same to me and the only other difference I can see is JoJo's letters are closer together than Katara8's. I'm just looking for clarity on this subject.
By Jairus
Matt Campbell wrote:I'm just curious as to how it is inaccurate?
This is a screen-used nametag:

Katarra's tag, compared to the real deal, differs in these ways:
The font is totally wrong. The letters are the wrong weight. The letters are stretched vertically. The character spacing is too wide. The patch is too tall. The corners are straight and not rounded. The black border is too thin.

In a word, nothing about Katarra's patch is consistent with the screen-used patches:

As was said, there's nothing wrong with it, per se. It's recognizable as a Ghostbusters 2 nametag in that it's black with (relatively) small red embroidered letters. If that's what you're after, Katarra's GB2 patches are just fine.

Personally, I think they're ugly, and that doesn't even have anything to do with their inaccuracies. The font is ugly and generic, the spacing is wide and inconsistent (less spacing between the letters and the edge of the patch than between the letters), the proportions are displeasing to my eye, and the stitching looks rough and uneven.

No one can tell you what patch is right or wrong for you, but that nametag looks nothing like the real deal.
Matt Campbell liked this
By Matt Campbell
Thanks for the explanation Jairus, I've asked the same question a few times (although not in this thread) and never been given more than along the lines of "their not done right" as a response so I bought one and was left scratching my head as to what was wrong with it. I even looked in the reference section in the Uniform Screen Grabs, Ray's Uniform From GB II and Planet Hollywood New York sections and none of them really have a close up of the tags to go off of. So again thanks for expalining it.
Jairus liked this
By IPv6Freely
This is the pic I usually reference since it's pretty clear here.

But yea, happy to see the screen used one posted above. Haven't seen one so up close before. Thanks!
By Matt Campbell
lunchbox739 wrote:Here is the word I have gotten... as of now he is no longer selling the GB2 style name patches due to a loss of supplier of the fabric he was using and his machine is down. No ETA on when it will be back up and running as its not a priority.
Did he say if when got his machine up and running and if he could find another supplier if he'd be doing them again? And if Joey is out for the time being and Katara8's aren't as accurate as I thought, is there anyone else out there who does the GB II tags? I'm in no rush cause it'll be a couple of months before I'm ready to put a Khaki & a Charcoal Grey flight suit together, but it'd be nice to know that there was another accurate supplier out there.
By IPv6Freely
Matt Campbell wrote:
lunchbox739 wrote:Here is the word I have gotten... as of now he is no longer selling the GB2 style name patches due to a loss of supplier of the fabric he was using and his machine is down. No ETA on when it will be back up and running as its not a priority.
Did he say if when got his machine up and running and if he could find another supplier if he'd be doing them again? And if Joey is out for the time being and Katara8's aren't as accurate as I thought, is there anyone else out there who does the GB II tags? I'm in no rush cause it'll be a couple of months before I'm ready to put a Khaki & a Charcoal Grey flight suit together, but it'd be nice to know that there was another accurate supplier out there.
None that I'm aware of. In that case, if joey is out of commission, I'd probably just use a katarra one temporarily until a better one is available. It was a good while before joey started offering GB2 (he used to do only GB1) so up until he came along, there was really nothing out there. Believe me, I looked.
By Jairus
If I had the money, I'd like to invest in an embroidery machine and start supplying properly accurate GB1 and GB2 patches and nametags. There's a distinct lack of suppliers within the community on that front.
Hasbro Ghostbusters

I thought 6 inch was 6 inch.. I just looked the m[…]

Oh, another thing - this was made mostly out of sc[…]

Beautiful!! I'm getting this even if finances don[…]