After enviously watching my boyfriend hulk around DragonCon for the last 4 years in a completely badass GB uniform I decided it was high time that I build one of my own. As a fellow red-head I've always had a certain affinity with Janine Melnitz. I settled on recreating the RGB Fright Features Janine about six months ago and with only 3 weeks left until DragonCon, I've finally set to serious work piecing this uniform together...

The pink flight suit was by far the most difficult thing to procure. I ended up locating this one after searching "coveralls" rather than flight suit on ebay. It shipped in from the U.K. and fit, surprisingly, like a glove! The belt was found on Amazon after Gareee pointed my bf in the right direction. Thanks Gareee!!!. The patches are courtesy of Katarra.

The glasses were originally white and black reading glasses which I painted with neon green acrylic. I fully intend on putting another coat and then following that with a clear sealing coat of spray paint to get them to pop a little more.

The earrings were a bit of a challenge, but very rewarding. I began with a couple plastic tear-drop shaped chandelier decoration pieces and a few round decorative plastic adornments which I found at Micheals and painted Tropical Blue then assembled onto a fish-hook earring back.

This is the inside portion of the yellow ghost catcher which is only now half painted. The rake is a plastic kids toy and the extension piece attached is an original part from the Nerf GB Gun, which you will see more of below.

This is my super disgusting kitchen table, but notice the opened nerf gun which ultimately will close back shut over the rake and eventually have a few LED lights (hopefully).

And that's my cat, Gypsy and myself getting super excited the day that the cover-alls arrived!

Boots are on the way. I picked up some child size hockey elbow pads sprayed them a primer gray, and they are drying as I type this! See ya'll at DragonCon!
Hey thanks everybody! I'm really having a blast bringing this thing to life. Honestly, the time spent mulling over what should and shouldn't be included on the uniform and justifying those conclusions has been the most enjoyable. I've been basing most decisions on the theory that although the figure was pretty stripped down, this particular uniform should represent what Janine would look like if she was a functioning Ghostbuster. And yes, the grabber is going to be totally sweet.
rays_occult liked this
Hey thanks! I like to think that Gypsy is one if the cuter cats. The earrings are relatively lightweight, and they get me so freaking jazzed when I put them on that I'd suck it up even if they weighed 10lbs combined. I'm making at least 2 back up pairs also because, lets be honest, things break at DragonCon.
YHSCraig liked this
Here's a quick update on the ghost grabber. I did another coat of yellow today and I am very pleased with the results. I'm thinking of adding a few LED's, let me know what you guys think.

Dan AKA, JoeLuna33, Zack and 2 others liked this
This is so awesome!
I say go for it and add LEDs to the gun and let us in on how you did it.
My wife (who plays along for my sake) has a cute uniform with pink accents made from coveralls from Rosie's but if she sees this I might have to make her an all pink uniform! Is there a website you could share a link to where you found the pink coveralls?

Can't freaking wait to see more pics of your progress and the finished uniform - you're gonna be a hit at DragonCon!
Lady Hatred liked this
Rufus Q wrote:This is so awesome!
I say go for it and add LEDs to the gun and let us in on how you did it.
My wife (who plays along for my sake) has a cute uniform with pink accents made from coveralls from Rosie's but if she sees this I might have to make her an all pink uniform! Is there a website you could share a link to where you found the pink coveralls?

Can't freaking wait to see more pics of your progress and the finished uniform - you're gonna be a hit at DragonCon!
The company that makes the coveralls is called Crazy Coveralls UK, and you can find them by doing a quick eBay search for "pink boiler suit".

I'm still debating the placement and number of lights that I may or may not install on the grabber. Ideally I'll find 3 red lights to place in between the 4 prongs, but I also think that alternating stripes along the top portion of the main frame of the gun would be sweet.

I'm also hoping to stumble upon a large box of money that will fund all of this awesomeness.
Here's a few fun pictures from Dragon Con, hopefully I'll have more up soon! The parade was a blast, could've used a little more sleep but who has time for that? Feel free to blame the low resolution of these on my crappy iphone.

Chace, ProtonCharger, rays_occult and 3 others liked this
Did you wash this suit before using it? If not, did you have any color bleeding issues?

I have this week commenced my most ambitious proje[…]

I haven't had Xbox Live for a while, but I'm consi[…]

I cut out the middleman and sprayed my pack and ba[…]

I'm hoping we'll see another set when the next F[…]