By redfive1973
Planning at some point to do a Egon EGB uniform but looking for a screen capture of his boots. From what I can see it looks like the boots have a silver toe and soles to them sort of like firefighter or safety boots. Am I correct in guessing that it may be something along those lines?
By DerGrundel
Taking this opportunity to rewatch the series, I pulled this screen cap from the first episode:

So from this early on in the series he seems to have regular calf-length workboots, but I remember Kylie had boots with steel toes much like these:

http://img0.etsystatic.com/043/2/689631 ... 0_ttzk.jpg

As I go through the series I will post any further screen caps that may be useful of Egon's boots
By redfive1973
Thanks those should help.
By redfive1973
Cool. Thanks. Will check out the screen shots.
By redfive1973
The Rothco's are what I have. Guess I can add another pair and paint the spots silver gray to match the screen caps. Looks like it is only toe and the heel that are a different color. Did a search of firemen boots but any I found all look bulkier than what Egon looks like he had. Thanks again for the feedback.
By Dr. Stantz Jr.
No worries.

Actually, looking at the screenshot above, it looks as though it's the bright light shining on the toe section making it look like a steel cap. Notice the way it's shining on his uniform as well...
By redfive1973
Good eyes Dr. Never noticed that before. Well scratch off having to get another pair of boots.

Correct, it grants several in fact the Melody's […]

Are they just newspaper clippings or something? […]

If you check the post below from reddit, one of […]

got a link? It appears that some time today[…]