By Hoot
Hey guys I figured rather than create 8ish brazillion threads in regards to my uniforms, everything is gonna go here.

Today I am working on my friends suits.

Using this thread in regards to modifying the elbow pads (http://www.gbfans.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=33247)

Using dupli-colour charcoal grey, I sprayed the first set of elbow pads after they were hot glue modified.
I will be posting pictures along the way as well :)
Just to show my lay out earlier today... maybe you guys might be able to figure out what im designing to go with the basement here....

Secondly, I dont know who the crap this company is but they made my flight suit:

Parker Industries.

Anyone?
...mothafuuuu....... yes :( lol
Mine will be matching in colour to the rest of the media furniture in the cave. I plan on having one small shelf but rather than the 3 panel doors; it'll be glass on it.

I will have recessed LED lights also.
Tomorrow I will have photos of the pads virtually completed and the one suit I am putting together for a friend.

And my olddddddd elbow pads which will bring back nightmares from AJ to see im still rocking them....
I will be receiving in the future some holsters from our own dear Wharin. They will go on my belt.

As for the other two unis, I gotta get two adapters, fobs and belts.
Following this one, I want to see that cabinet/locker built!
I know you already glued them up but test fit those pads. My gbfans pads were very tight and irritating with the fold and glue trick but fit nicely after cutting them.
Hoot liked this
My arms are much larger than the two jackasses im making them for ;) im allowed to say that because they are two of my closest friends. Im close to 205lbs and they are borderline 150lbs.

They are stretched to fit me ;)
SPJ liked this
Hey guys - no real news here.
Im waiting for the store to stock yellow hoses, and patches again.

I am going to try and make some crap in the next few weeks.

Here's where I am now:
I have 4 uniforms, all GB1:
Mine, my wife, and my twin best friends.
Its great because it was easy to get the name patches made.

I need to order 3 pistola belts, hoses, one set of elbow pads, and then I can proceed.

For my own kit, I ordered 2 holsters from Wharin:
MT500 and Gizmo which will be forthcoming in the near future-ish.
I am waiting for Franchesky to hit me back with an invoice for a Matty Trap hook and holster :)

So thats where we are now.

In a few weeks, I will be updating the display;
I am working the requisite Overtime at work the next two weeks to cover it and the extra uniforms. Bollocks.
So many of you may have seen my mancave from a thread WELL over a year old now...

Ok None of you have seen it...so now you do from this link:

http://www.gbfans.com/community/viewtop ... 43&t=33518

Skip to the bottom where my pictures are. Theres two pages of mocking me there.

The idea to display my gear is similar to what we've seen in the movies although the wood colour darker.

Here's the way I think it will lay out.

The backboard, as seen in the previous thread, houses my 55" Samsung 3D LED Smart TV with the wireless soundbar underneath.

Once purchased, built and lit, I will add further pictures guys :)
The next time I'm north of the border I mat have to come check this out!
Hoot liked this
Aw man... thats going to be awesome. I won't steal that idea.... I promise... yeah... promise.... o_O
Hoot liked this
Yes it certainly did. I need to loosen up a bit there. Took me a bit to get comfortable at the event. Its definitely something thats out of my element for sure.

That said, im waiting on Wharin to get me some holsters in early April so I dont have a radio smashing my knee lol ;)
I hear ya. My first con will be the Baltimore Comic Con in September. Gotta psych myself up for it as I have never cos-played before
Hoot liked this
thebigone2087 wrote:I hear ya. My first con will be the Baltimore Comic Con in September. Gotta psych myself up for it as I have never cos-played before
Dude, I might see you there, wife and I are planning on it... was there last 2010 (when somebody "accidentally" tripped the fire alarm)... I saw a couple of GB-dressed guys there... If it's your first time in the cosplay scene, don't worry, when I was there in 2010, you would feel left out if you WEREN'T dressed up! It was THAT crowded with cosplayers, the streets were packed!
Hoot liked this
pyhasanon wrote:
thebigone2087 wrote:I hear ya. My first con will be the Baltimore Comic Con in September. Gotta psych myself up for it as I have never cos-played before
Dude, I might see you there, wife and I are planning on it... was there last 2010 (when somebody "accidentally" tripped the fire alarm)... I saw a couple of GB-dressed guys there... If it's your first time in the cosplay scene, don't worry, when I was there in 2010, you would feel left out if you WEREN'T dressed up! It was THAT crowded with cosplayers, the streets were packed!

I've been going to the Baltimore Comic Con since it was a tiny one-day show in a Holiday Inn up in Timonium. Definitely my first time cos-playing though. If you are going to be there, I look forward to seeing you!

@Hoot, suits and pack look great, bud!!!
Today we got some work done on the cabinetry. As I told some, it came from IKEA and was too tall. Using a skil saw and someone else's ...skills.... we shortened the height and assembled the cabinet.

ImageImage
GothicGeek, 1985gbfan liked this
Hasbro Ghostbusters

It could have been more accurate (barrel and[…]

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]

Sorry, I hadn't seen any of these replies. Either […]

Uniform Tips

Sorry for the triple post (you guys have gotten […]