By Coover5
Well, you've read the topic so you know the question. As a kid I didn't question them wearing gloves but as I got a little older and found out more about the prop packs I started to wonder. Having such a big battery hooked up to the packs and having the thrower be almost completely metal did the actors wear gloves to protect themselves from shock?

I've had that question on my mind for a while but decided it was probably just a costume choice so never bothered asking. However I started watching the commentary on some of the "Real Ghostbusters" episodes and Michael Gross mentioned one of the actors being shocked by the pack so I decided I would go ahead and ask. Were the gloves there for looks, safety or both?
By Michael Scott
I'm thinking it was more to keep them clean from ectoplasmic residue and the like. I've never thought about the thrower being a shock hazard, but that's an interesting idea. Perhaps they helped hold the thrower steady, those things have quite a kick as you can see the actors struggle to control the streams.
Sutton621 liked this
By Silverstreak
As I got older and more educated on topics such as PPE, I began to wonder why they didn't wear protective helmets with full face shields, or at the bare minimum, UV eye goggles to protect their eyes from the blinding, intensely hot streams.
By Spengler02
Silverstreak wrote:As I got older and more educated on topics such as PPE, I began to wonder why they didn't wear protective helmets with full face shields, or at the bare minimum, UV eye goggles to protect their eyes from the blinding, intensely hot streams.
In earlier versions of the script they had both helmets AND visors. Of course, this was back when Winston went with them to the Sedgwick, Winston got slimed, and they had two neutrona wands (one on each wrist).

By Spengler02
Considering the effects of mood slime...
By onlyalad19
My thoughts on this subject lean more toward the hazard of holding a particle thrower which is also attached to a nuclear accelerator. Maybe just a little precautionary move on their part to insulate them from some kind of shock hazard. I say this also because of the fact that you see them wearing the gloves more often while handling the throwers in the film.

I haven't done the new update to the Spirits Unlea[…]

I ended up grabbing one of the 84 wands just t[…]

Matty PKE Question...URGENT

Depending on the price, it might be worth snatchin[…]

I have a full sized spirit pack, and I have the gh[…]