By Silverstreak
When I ordered my Tru-Spec flightsuit (size large regular) I was thrilled that it was of much higher quality than the crappy old Rothco I had been rocking since college. However when I put it on, I did not care for how low and wide the chest pockets sat. I was going to live with it, then thought well I customize everything else, why not the flightsuit?!

I carefully undid the stitching and cut the pockets away from the suit. They are patch pockets, but the bottoms and outside edges are built into the structure of the suit, and must be removed carefully. I then repositioned them about 2.5" higher and closer together. I pinned them in place, and using the same technique by which I applied my patches, I restitched them on. I poured a drink, put on some music and took my time. Took me two evenings per side.

This pic shows the difference in placement:

Notice how now the bottom edges no longer line up with the velco strips. You guys would notice, but Joe Public has no idea:

Finally the finished product, pardon the unfinished belt and white elbow pads:

I'm no tailor, but I think I did a good job. The suit is undyed, that's a project for another time.
Glenn Frederick liked this
By c05ta
Very nice work! I've been thinking about doing something similar to mine, and adding the leg pockets too as I miss them a lot! When I downgraded from a nomex I realized I didn't have a place to keep my wallet any more. :(

I have this week commenced my most ambitious proje[…]

I haven't had Xbox Live for a while, but I'm consi[…]

I cut out the middleman and sprayed my pack and ba[…]

I'm hoping we'll see another set when the next F[…]