By Annie Melnitz
Hi, everyone! I hope this is the right place to post this, since Janine doesn't wear a uniform but isn't quite an "Other Prop" of any kind. Feel free to move it if it doesn't fit.

Over the summer I put together a Janine costume to wear to the 30th anniversary re release's opening night. The outfit I chose was the first one we see Janine wearing in the original movie:

I bought a short auburn wig, which I settled on after looking at screencaps from the Blu Ray as well as Annie Potts' real hair, which is red, even though some have argued it's more brown in GB1. The white blouse was something I already had, although I do want to try and find one with the stripes.

The vest was difficult because if you look closely, you'll notice it is not plaid, but red and black checks:

As far as the rest of the outfit is concerned, I had to do some guessing based on what she wears in the rest of the film because we don't see her from below the waist. I chose a black pencil skirt and some shoes, both from my closet. The glasses are not accurate because I couldn't find any that weren't prescription, so I chose some rose-colored plastic ones from eBay although in some shots I have black glasses that I wore before they arrived in the mail. Anyway, here's my Janine!

And here I am with the awesome Ghostbusters who saw the movie with me! Note the pink glasses and nail polish. This is the only event so far that I have painted my nails red for.

One more, from a local comic book show. I love the phone they had as a part of the table display!

"Ghostbusters, whadd'ya want?"

What do you think? My next project is going to be replicating everything on Janine's desk and hopefully finding somewhere to do a proper photoshoot!
portugueseGB, Glenn Frederick, vgirl and 5 others liked this
By Cornelius
Awesome! I've always preferred GB1 Janine to her appearance in GB2!
By Annie Melnitz
csullivan1980 wrote:Sweet!!!!!
Thank you!
Cornelius wrote:Awesome! I've always preferred GB1 Janine to her appearance in GB2!
Thanks, I also prefer how she looks in the first movie. In the second one, it's too cartoony.
By ImLost3
First it was a real pleasure to meet you at the con a few weeks ago. Second with the perfect costume and spot on voice and mannerisms I really thought we had Janine answering calls at our table. I really can't say enough how awesome you were. I can't wait to do another show with you.
Spengs liked this
By Annie Melnitz
ImLost3 wrote:First it was a real pleasure to meet you at the con a few weeks ago. Second with the perfect costume and spot on voice and mannerisms I really thought we had Janine answering calls at our table. I really can't say enough how awesome you were. I can't wait to do another show with you.
Thank you so much! That is a real compliment to me, especially the part about the voice and mannerisms because I try to stay true to the characters I dress as and impressions are extremely fun for me.
Demon Vice Commander wrote:Very nice - you don't see many people recreating her GB1 look.
Thanks. :) As far as the movies go, her GB1 look is my favorite. (but overall, my favorite is her original RGB look)
Riggs45 wrote:Awesome! Well done
Thank you!
By Silverstreak
Awesome work! NJ here too, I think I saw your crew at the rerelease at the Monmouth Mall theatre, am I right?
By Silverstreak
Annie Melnitz wrote:
Silverstreak wrote:Awesome work! NJ here too, I think I saw your crew at the rerelease at the Monmouth Mall theatre, am I right?
Exactly right! Looks like you and I are even from the same town, if you're in Monmouth County.
Cool! yes Monmouth County here, north edge of Ocean Township. Small world!
By Alex Newborn
Annie Melnitz wrote: My next project is going to be replicating everything on Janine's desk and hopefully finding somewhere to do a proper photoshoot!
If you need any help with that, let me know.

Alex
alphabeta001 liked this
By Alex Newborn
And the red button is actually functional, though I didn't use it in the Janine '14 video.

Alex
By Annie Melnitz
Hello again, everyone!

I've updated my Janine slightly, most notably the glasses, which are vintage reading glasses from the 80s. I meant to do a side-by-side comparison to show how close they are to the real thing, but these photos will have to do for now. I'm also wearing what was most likely the same shade of nail polish she wore in the movie, identified in another thread as "Jelly Apple" by the brand Essie. The phone and the button are not mine, but they looked awesome and I loved "taking calls" all day at the con I attended!

Hasbro Ghostbusters

I thought 6 inch was 6 inch.. I just looked the m[…]

Oh, another thing - this was made mostly out of sc[…]

Beautiful!! I'm getting this even if finances don[…]