By Hammer
So I've literally put this project off for a year. I ordered all of this a year ago, almost to the day.

I've been sorting through all the crap I've collected and I've committed to finishing each "grouping of parts".

I've looked at and watched every pic I could find for this project. Since it appears there's no concrete "standard" (they're all really close, though) I finally decided to make these the way I wanted...in a configuration I liked. BlkMesa and Demon Vice Commander were the most informative threads out there.

I've got a few more pieces for this en route. The white backing for the belt, a 1 1/2" D ring, a snap hook for a 2nd grey fob and last, but not least, the grommets.

The only advice I have to offer on this is, Practice! A good sewing machine is an incredible piece of equipment but you have to know what you're doing with it. It's just like any tool on your bench. If you don't know how to use it you're going to do crappy work, waste a bunch of time and possibly hurt yourself. I did 2/3 just getting to this point...lol.

I still need a v-hook. I've sent a few quote requests with no replies. I've found a few sites that offer the v-hook but I'm holding out spending the min order $25 for one $5 piece...... I just want 1, not 5.

Ordering the suit soon......
I would say as well as white interfacing, you should double stitch your belt. Mines is double stitched and white interfacing and it's very very sturdy. The fobs, trap holster, gizmo pouch etc are quiet weighty and the belt may scrumple up a bit if not reinforced.
I would say as well as white interfacing, you should double stitch your belt.
Right on. I appreciate the advice. I've got an old nylon duty belt (I'm a cop) that I was going to cut up. I want to see what makes them so rigid inside.
I found a source that will sell just one.... waiting for an invoice to see the shipping. Shouldn't be horrible. I'm near Indy and this place is just outside Chicago.
It has arrived....

That's the good news. Bad news is the labels I had made for my goggle build turned out like crap...no, worse than crap. I need to find a different file.
Try http://www.Strapworks.com

I was able to get about 95% of what I was looking for from them. DVC posted this site several years ago and it's still applicable.

The more accurate thumb bolt snap hook comes from www.usalanyards.com

Both of these places have metal black D rings.

As for the one day shipping....I'm ok that it was so fast. The cost wasn't on the packing slip. I hate paying outrageous shipping fees. I'm afraid that I should've just spent the min $25 at the other place. We'll see.....
PssdffJay liked this
Here's a reference that might help in putting together the belt hardware. I know when I first started looking I had to figure out all the names of these items.

Continuing with the GB2 uniform.....The Gizmo!

I was very pleased with how this turned out. I think I really put some nice lipstick on this pig. Probably my best prop build to date....or a very close second place to my goggles.

Enjoy.....more to come....
Very nice looking belt, always liked the variety of fobs on these GB2 belts..are the smaller beefy snaps 1" & how wide is the straight bar where the material goes through?

:cool:
I'll post a complete list of all materials used later today. I've been wanting to compile a master list for my notes since I got all of the stuff over several months and several orders from a few different places.
OK....as promised, here's the list in order as they are on my belt:

1" gray nylon - 1" fixed loop snap
2" seat belt - V ring
1" black nylon - 1" bolt snap
1" black nylon - 1" D ring, flat black, light wire
2" seat belt - 2" D ring, heavy wire
1" black nylon - 1" beefy bolt snap
1" gray - 1" fixed loop snap
1 1/2" black - 2" O ring, heavy wire

Hope it helps!
Here's the results so far.......I can't decide if I'm done....... this was an interesting process.

Inside, no flash

Inside, flash

Outside

Comments welcome! Opinions please!
Wow, that looks excellent! I've honestly failed in my attempt, it still came out a really dark blue-ish gray, but your's looks spot-on! Good job!
Thanks pyhasanon! I wish I could credit one of the recipes here but all went out the window when I couldn't find Royal Blue or Kelly Green.
Thanks Jay....screwy is the best description of the process to get there, as well. Mine looked exactly like yours after the color strip and after the bleach wash. Everything after the black dye wash was playing and guessing. I'm sure my neighbors wondered what the hell I was doing on the patio....lol
    Spengler/84 wand Gun Track

So...I had more than a little problem with dis[…]

Preview for #2 on DH's page. https://www.darkhors[…]

The_Y33TER , since the majority of the maker sc[…]

PKE Meter build project!

DO you have this files on sale?