For the various Ghostbusters Cartoon series. Real Ghostbusters, Extreme Ghostbusters and more!
Hey Guys. Many franchises from the 80s have made a huge come back on television lately, like The short lived He Man and Thundercats cartoons. With the remake in the works do you think we could possibly get a new Ghostbusters Cartoon based on the original team? Or maybe a series of Direct to DVD animated movies. Someone on this sight had asked a similar question somewhere and I got to thinking about that and how exciting that might be. We have already had a stellar Comic series and if the next four issues sell well we could get more, but I have been doing a lot of pipe dreaming lately and a I was thinking how awesome would it be if they put together a feature length animated movie based on The Real Ghostbusters. Not likely to happen in a million years, but wouldn't it be awesome if they could get Dave Coulier Maurice Lamarche, Frank Welker Arsenio Hall and Laura Summer together again to put something like that together? What kind of story do you think they could play with if given that kind of chance? :):):)
Yeah I brought up the straight to DVD animated movies. With the 80's nostalgia I could see a new cartoon being made. Im sure Richard Raynis would be up for it since apparently he was the driving force behind EGB. I get the distinct feeling it would be its own continuity but I think an RGb animated movie would be great...kinda sad we didnt get one in the 80's. Lord knows it deserved it more than Transformers and GI Joe.
philmorgan81 wrote:Hey Guys. Many franchises from the 80s have made a huge come back on television lately, like The short lived He Man and Thundercats cartoons. With the remake in the works do you think we could possibly get a new Ghostbusters Cartoon based on the original team? Or maybe a series of Direct to DVD animated movies. Someone on this sight had asked a similar question somewhere and I got to thinking about that and how exciting that might be. We have already had a stellar Comic series and if the next four issues sell well we could get more, but I have been doing a lot of pipe dreaming lately and a I was thinking how awesome would it be if they put together a feature length animated movie based on The Real Ghostbusters. Not likely to happen in a million years, but wouldn't it be awesome if they could get Dave Coulier Maurice Lamarche, Frank Welker Arsenio Hall and Laura Summer together again to put something like that together? What kind of story do you think they could play with if given that kind of chance? :):):)
@ *referring to bold*

You mean like what DC is doing with the Justice League, Batman and Superman animated films or like what Warner Bros. is doing with the Scooby-Doo films? If this we're to happen, I wouldn't mind this; much better than having it as a TV series. ^_^
*NormalGamer* wrote:You mean like what DC is doing with the Justice League, Batman and Superman animated films or like what Warner Bros. is doing with the Scooby-Doo films? If this we're to happen, I wouldn't mind this; much better than having it as a TV series. ^_^

Exactly!! If they did real well they could put out 2 films a year and with each one make the stakes bigger and bigger. Even if they were in their own continuity separate from TRGB. If something like that would be fun. I wouldn't mind a series of Ghostbusters themed animated movies with various styles of animation. Don't know if Sony would go through that kind of trouble, but I would enjoy it. :):):)
Last edited by Kingpin on May 1st, 2015, 7:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.Reason: Fixed quote code
Razorgeist wrote:Yeah I brought up the straight to DVD animated movies. With the 80's nostalgia I could see a new cartoon being made. Im sure Richard Raynis would be up for it since apparently he was the driving force behind EGB. I get the distinct feeling it would be its own continuity but I think an RGb animated movie would be great...kinda sad we didnt get one in the 80's. Lord knows it deserved it more than Transformers and GI Joe.

I Agree. When I was a kid I always wondered why there wasn't a The Real Ghostbusters The Movie like Transformers or GI Joe. It was certainly popular enough. When you think about it though it was a small miracle we got The Real Ghostbusters cartoon at all. There was probably some serious red tape keeping something like that from happening. But with the New Branding company maybe Dan Aykroyd and Ivan Reitman will sign off on something like that to capitalize on their franchise. God knows they deserve it after kind of being pushed aside by the studio. :):):)
philmorgan81 wrote:
Razorgeist wrote:Yeah I brought up the straight to DVD animated movies. With the 80's nostalgia I could see a new cartoon being made. Im sure Richard Raynis would be up for it since apparently he was the driving force behind EGB. I get the distinct feeling it would be its own continuity but I think an RGb animated movie would be great...kinda sad we didnt get one in the 80's. Lord knows it deserved it more than Transformers and GI Joe.

I Agree. When I was a kid I always wondered why there wasn't a The Real Ghostbusters The Movie like Transformers or GI Joe. It was certainly popular enough. When you think about it though it was a small miracle we got The Real Ghostbusters cartoon at all. There was probably some serious red tape keeping something like that from happening. But with the New Branding company maybe Dan Aykroyd and Ivan Reitman will sign off on something like that to capitalize on their franchise. God knows they deserve it after kind of being pushed aside by the studio. :):):)
If what Pam Hickey and Dennis McCoy said was true Columbia was already keeping an eye on the cartoon and didn't want anything to interfere with GB2 (they had an idea of the Statue of Liberty coming to life and running away for an episode and it was soundly rejected.). So thats probably why we didn't get an RGB movie. Lord knows it would have been awesome.
I have an idea for an episode that could bring new episodes to RGB. In said episode Egon builds a time machine (actually he finishes it in the beginning of the episode but you get the point) and they go back in time (them basically watching episodes from the past) and then they notice that because Slimer went with them against their will his ectoplasm was in fact affecting them as Egon had said and this summons a giant monster/demon/spirit of time (I'm thinking that maybe it would resemble Dialga, the pokemon that created time), whom they fight. The new mayor is smarter and recognizes that the GBs had saved the day, presents them with the key of the city, and they're back in business, allowing the series to continue.

P.S. This episode is based on an episode I am currently writing. If you're that curious, PM me.
Razorgeist wrote:
pferreira1983 wrote:When the female Ghostbusters reboot comes out we'll probably get an animated tie-in series to that...unfortunately... :roll:

At this point Im up for anything.
Same here.

As long as the Feigbusters reboot is in it's own continunity separate from the original movie continuity and as long as the IDW GB comics lives, whether it's a miniseries or ongoing, i'm not worried.

Moreover, as we previously mentioned, the possibility of having GB animated film series based on their own continuities is something i'm for, as well.
Ha, be careful what you wish for.
Yeah I'll do that.

I thought Spook Central's idea of turning the video game into its own CG animated movie would be a cool idea. too.

http://www.theraffon.net/~spookcentral/ ... ndise-2016
I also love the CG movie idea.

I'd love it even more if they used the script and voice acting and did the rest from scratch (and made the Rookie a character and not a cypher). They could re-edit it, add new characters and subplots, probably get Ernie Hudson, Dan Aykroyd, Alyssa Milano and Richard Atherton to do a few new scenes and potentially turn it into several animated features.

Or maybe instead of a compilation of cut scenes and some game footage like we have on youtube it could be adapted with hand drawn animation in the style of the recent comics.

Won't happen but I really wish it would.
I personally love the idea of the direct cartoon Ghostbusters movies. There is so much they could do and tell. With new movie hopefully they can make it happen. Ghostbusters is still popular and needs another cartoon series.
Bloodvayne wrote:
pferreira1983 wrote:Ssshhh. The Sony suits are listening. [Looks left and right] :)
You know you're probably not wrong either. I am sure a few members on here are lurking employees from Sony. :boogieman:
Wouldn't surprise me either. Take notes guys new GB cartoon...you've done it before.
    Ghostbusters Day 2024

Even if Frozen Empire somehow made a billion dol[…]

To repost what I said in the other thread: I don'[…]

GBFANS Ghostlabs light kit

Hey everybody, this is my first post so let me kno[…]

I've ordered one of these for a friend to use off […]