Have a guide or tutorial? Post it up!
Drunk again and making tutorials... this one is surprisingly easy.

1 get a tripod
2 set your camera to about a 5 second exposure
3 break open some Ultra-high intensity glowsticks (you can find them easily online for about $1 each)
4 Have your subject sit still while you "light paint" the stream in real space
5 Hit your subject with an external flash to make them more clear and defined...
6 Have a cigarette.

Here are my results from only 10 minutes of shooting. Again, NO post process... NO Photoshop.

I'm here to answer any questions you have.... I used a Nikon d90

Carpeteria wrote:Great work! You need some blue LEDs in there to finish off the effect.
I thought so too...and we tried it... but the power of an LED is far greater than a glowstick... and given that the blue "wraps" around the orange... it ends up looking way way wrong. I'll have to find something with a) a little less kick b) something that can hold the second light without interfering with the trail... any time your hand/wrist body come between the camera and the light source while light painting, the light breaks and then looks wrong. =/
*sober now*

Some other notes...

-I had the d90 set to a 5 second exposure at an f-stop around 10.
-Ultra High Intensity Glowsticks burn strong and hard... but only for a couple of minutes or so, so make your shots count!
-I set my focal range to manual so the camera wouldn't change any settings while shooting.
-Setting it on a remote or timer works wonders too!
-Start drawing your stream OUT going INTO the gun... trust me, it's easier and looks better.
-The subject ghostbuster must do their best to hold STILL during the 5 second exposure... otherwise "ghosting" will occur... (no pun intended)
-Have someone off to the side out of view hit your ghostbuster with an external flash, or a very bright flashlight... this will burn in your subject and make them look clear and defined. My flash person was hiding behind the car.
-Remember, you want the glowstick to be seen by the camera the whole 5 seconds... so think about your path as you approach while drawing...
-KEEP MOVING! If you stay still too long while drawing your image will burn in... if you look closely at some of the pictures, you can see my legs and my face because I held still too long.

I'm going to try this again another night... I have some ideas to make this better.
Wallabe wrote:How did do the stream without a person showing up painting it?
In a long exposure, anything moving (aside from light) is not picked up very much... you have to keep moving constantly. If you look very very closely on some of the pictures, you can see each of my foot steps and sometimes my face near the end of the particle thrower.
Jubei Mercado wrote:Drunk again and making tutorials... this one is surprisingly easy.

1 get a tripod
3 break open some Ultra-high intensity glowsticks (you can find them easily online for about $1 each)
5 Hit your subject with an external flash to make them more clear and defined...
6 Have a cigarette.

Here are my results from only 10 minutes of shooting. Again, NO post process... NO Photoshop.

You're a total pro! I used this as inspiration for a digital stream.

Here's the tutorial http://www.authorityfx.com/ghostbusters ... -tutorial/
AuthorityFX wrote:
Jubei Mercado wrote:Drunk again and making tutorials... this one is surprisingly easy.

1 get a tripod
6 Have a cigarette.

You're a total pro! I used this as inspiration for a digital stream.

Here's the tutorial http://www.authorityfx.com/ghostbusters ... -tutorial/
I am beyond pleased to have unknowingly contributed to this!

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]

It appears that some time today someone who […]

Correct, it grants several in fact the Melody's […]

Are they just newspaper clippings or something? […]