Post pictures up of your Props, or a link to your prop gallery on Ghostbusters Fans.
By 1.21 Gigawatts
A friend of mine has a kid who loves Nerf guns. I bought this super soaker to play a prank, and decided to gift it to him after I was done.

I thought it might be a good idea to get back in the practice of weathering and painting while I'm waiting on Alkaline to finish my shell. So before I gave it to him I disassembled it, painted it with Krylon fusion metal, then painted the parts with olive green, flat black, and gloss black.

These are the results. Most of the paint scraped off nicely to reveal the metallic underneath.

Well, as it turns out the kid loved it and now wants me to do the same with some of his existing collection of ridiculous Nerf guns. Looks like I will get this weathering thing down again by the time I start on my pack! :) Sorry for the bad pics, but my lightbox isn't the best.
By exo95er
Referencing HALO or USCM? Check out Alienslegacy.com sometime if you haven't already, many fans there have done amazing things with NERF guns that have added to the Colonial Marine arsenal.
By Socko525
As someone who has modified dozens of nerf guns over the years, I can attest to some crazy things being done. I never really got into the painting aspect of it, I always stuck with the more mechanical, integrating several guns into one or increasing the guns strength and shooting distance.

Check out the forums at nerfhaven.com. There's some crazy modifications and paint jobs and bunch of sweet scratch built nerf guns too
Vincenzo330 wrote:That is amazing man! Kudos & Crunches!!!
Thanks man! The best thing about this is that the more the kid plays with the gun, the more scratched and real it will become. I demonstrated the effect by scraping an edge with my thumbnail to reveal the silver to him and his eyes widened to saucers! LOL

exo95er wrote:Referencing HALO or USCM? Check out Alienslegacy.com sometime if you haven't already, many fans there have done amazing things with NERF guns that have added to the Colonial Marine arsenal.
Ha ha.. pretty close. I honestly just stood in front of the paint aisle and just thought "what would look good together". Then just grabbed whatever. After I shot my first coat of Olive I realized that it was very "Aliens". Of course I didn't even think of "Halo" until the kid said "It looks like a Halo thing!". I said, "what about Aliens?" and he replied "Which ones?"

Heh, although I played and enjoyed Halo, the generational divide was very present. :( I'll be sure and check out that site!

ThrowingChicken wrote:Crazy what a fresh coat of paint can get you. I've seen people do major modifications that didn't turn out this well.
Wow, that means a lot coming from you! thanks so much. I forgot to mention earlier, I sanded off the raised "super soaker" logo on each side along with the mfg info. Other than that its not modded in any way.
By Filandrius
I'm loving the crap out of this. Like TC said, it's amazing what a simple coat of paint will do. The nerf guns all look a little ridiculous, mainly because of the colors. But in olive and black? Straight out of Aliens. Seriously, this thing would look in its place in any space marine/sci-fi movie.

So, the Krylon Fusion ain't that bad, huh? :P
Socko525 wrote:As someone who has modified dozens of nerf guns over the years, I can attest to some crazy things being done. I never really got into the painting aspect of it, I always stuck with the more mechanical, integrating several guns into one or increasing the guns strength and shooting distance.

Check out the forums at nerfhaven.com. There's some crazy modifications and paint jobs and bunch of sweet scratch built nerf guns too

Wow, I can only imagine. I would break any mechanism I tried to modify, I guarantee it.

Thanks a lot for the link! There's some good stuff over there. When I went to register they didn't let me use my gmail acct. That sucks, looks like I wont be joining.
Filandrius wrote:I'm loving the crap out of this. Like TC said, it's amazing what a simple coat of paint will do. The nerf guns all look a little ridiculous, mainly because of the colors. But in olive and black? Straight out of Aliens. Seriously, this thing would look in its place in any space marine/sci-fi movie.

So, the Krylon Fusion ain't that bad, huh? :P

Thank you!!

And yeah, I confess the Fusion was pretty darn snappy on most of the gun, but the actual tank part (handle and surrounding assembly + the fill cap area) was made from a softer plastic that didn't play well with the Fusion. In the pic, you can see on the grip where the paint has come off from normal play (He played with it for a day before I could snap the pics). Nothing seems to want to stick to any of that.

So this is apparently my next project:

By GhostGuy
That is really impressive for a paint job. It looks like theres some kind of slide connector on the top? Any idea what goes up there? It looks like a perfect spot to attach a flashlight.

[edit]

Oh, hey I just noticed the second gun has such a slide and it looks like there might indeed be a flashlight on there. :-)
GhostGuy wrote:That is really impressive for a paint job. It looks like theres some kind of slide connector on the top? Any idea what goes up there? It looks like a perfect spot to attach a flashlight.

[edit]

Oh, hey I just noticed the second gun has such a slide and it looks like there might indeed be a flashlight on there. :-)

Much appreciated, sir! Yeah, he actually has a scope for his Nerf stuff that I am painting along with the new gun. Looks like they made the Nerf and Super Soaker parts interchangeable with one another. I will see if I can get a pic of the completed sight on both.
In progress.... using a combo of flat black and glossy. Not sure yet how I will be handling the scope but I will certainly be using the silver by itself for at least the main cylinder.

Sorry for the crappy mobile phone shots

It appears that some time today someone who […]

Correct, it grants several in fact the Melody's […]

Are they just newspaper clippings or something? […]

If you check the post below from reddit, one of […]