By BigJon
Knowing that the original PKE meter was built from a shoe polisher...I went to the thrift store looking for other possible appliances. There, I found this Rowenta garment steamer. It had a nice shape and an area that looked perfect for a view screen with minimal work. I snatched it up for $2.92.

As you can see, with the brush and lint bar removed and holding it backwards it makes a perfect PKE shape.

Here it is dismantled into it's main parts.

After about an hour of cutting and sanding I've removed the center section that the lint bar used to plug into. It's got the perfect shape for a view screen and I can simply glue some translucent material behind the hole to simulate the screen and add some lights behind it.

My kids picked these light-up wands at a show and they've outlived their "fun use". So I cannibalized one of them to use the LEDs...I liked how they lit up. So far no wiring or soldering needed...will be doing that when I swap out the switch for something different.

And finally, a video of the lights in action.
By RickH
Pretty rad idea, BigJon. I always thought a CB mic would make a good PKE too if you couldn't find an Iona. Add a handle, and wings, and you got a similar looking PKE to the movie one.

By belldandy4087
How did this ever turn out? sorry for the bump but i am really currious
By ray stantz's cigar
David Campbell wrote:thrift stores never cease to amaze me, you never know what your going to find in there.
Kinda like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get!

GB News is calling the Pink Camo Tint the last m[…]

Sugarland Express.Very early Spielberg movie,it's […]

Also probably different release dates. USA[…]

Ghostbusters Day 2024

Even if Frozen Empire somehow made a billion dolla[…]