enchanted unicorn wrote:the hazard tape motif went out of style with Vision Street Wear back in the 80's/90's, in my opinion anyways. Of course I do realize it references the ghost trap doors, but still.
Hah! I had a pair of those silly looking shoes back in the day. Actually two, one in black the other in gray. They came in a lot of colors, and I think there was one that was yellow and black striped.

There's also that yellow and black motif from Doc Martens.

I agree, why have hazard tape around the badge?

STAY AWAY FROM MY BADGE! :angryvigo:
Ron Daniels wrote:I don't think a final design can include a government department seal or logo on it, for a bevy of reasons.

If we changed it a certain percentage then we probably could use it.....

Derek
I don't understand why anyone would want a govt seal on their GB badge. The GB's were mavericks being hounded by the EPA for instance. It kinda made them under dogs. Teaming up with or being regulated by the government takes away from the GB"I don't give a crap about regulations" rebellious attitude. Of course, this post here is really just aimed specifically at throwing chicken to start another debate!
enchanted unicorn wrote:I don't understand why anyone would want a govt seal on their GB badge. The GB's were mavericks being hounded by the EPA for instance. It kinda made them under dogs. Teaming up with or being regulated by the government takes away from the GB"I don't give a crap about regulations" rebellious attitude. Of course, this post here is really just aimed specifically at throwing chicken to start another debate!
When I was stationed on the "Nuke" base in Charleston, the Department of Energy had jurisdiction over the Department of Defense. If such a group as the Ghostbusters were in fact real they would have no choice but to comply with the Department of Energy or they would very likely be considered terrorists armed with Nuclear devices. And probably as it was portrayed in the movie they would have rubbed the EPA the wrong way also.

btw the hazard tape dooes not necessarily have to be part of the ID Card it can easily be turned off.
Derek wrote:
Ron Daniels wrote:I don't think a final design can include a government department seal or logo on it, for a bevy of reasons.

If we changed it a certain percentage then we probably could use it.....

Derek

You'd get arrested, not sued.
AJ Quick wrote:You could always make up your own agency / logo.
That's better, but an uptight guard/cop still might get punchy about it. Still falls into "impersonating a government agent" which isn't something one wants to do.

But I'm just sayin ya know.
But what about all those folks at conventions as xfiles characters wearing full on FBI ID Badges, or in military or police uniforms in general?

I think as long as you don't attempt to use the ID to breach a security checkpoint at the EPA or something, you'll be fine.

It's "technically" illegal to use a D.O.T. hazardous chemical logo on your vehicle if you are not licensed to carry and properly carrying that chemical. But I had a Georgia State Patrol officer who was at the station the other day tell me that the D.O.T. Radioactive sign on the roof rack was a nice touch.

Besides, there was a city in Louisiana this past week that used anti-freeze to clear ice from its bridges....the EPA has got bigger things to worry about than using their logo on a fan-boy I.D.
And then there's the one in a hundred cops who is having a bad day that will hassle someone about it. That possibility creates a certain liability for AJ when he sells them.

But beyond that, as I've stated before - I don't see non government entities carrying around government seals. I mean the local Pest Inspector is regulated by the EPA and OSHA, but his Orkin namebadge doesn't have all those seals.
In order to try and compete with Vincenzo (whose design is great!), I hereby submit a new, simplified and hopefully more popular version of my design. "SCREEN" is where your screen name would go.

Full size here: http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4012/436 ... 2644_o.png

Shane
Ron Daniels wrote: - I don't see non government entities carrying around government seals. I mean the local Pest Inspector is regulated by the EPA and OSHA, but his Orkin namebadge doesn't have all those seals.
Exactly why I don't think they'd care. No one else does is so we're not trying to "Pass" for anything.

Not to mention the use of the logo itself isn't illegal, its the attempt to pass it as official. For example you can go to a surplus store and get a shirt that says POLICE or a full military uniform. You can also wear them on the street. Same goes for my aforementioned xfiles FBI badge, and these logos in question. The legal line is crossed when you present yourself as official.

But even though I WOULD, I'll yeild that maybe you dont want to go as far as using the REAL EPA logo...of course the GBI RPG used a fake EPA logo on a photocopyable (sp?) document you were supposed to sign, so a fake logo is doable and COMPLETELY non-criminal

A good example is this guy we had on the news a while back. He owned an old police car and was caught sitting in it on the side of the road as if he were an officer patrolling traffic. When a REAL officer investigated he found the guy wearing a flak vest with "Department of Homefront Security" on it (yes homefront not homeland) He had a matching badge, cuffs, a billy club, and a glock 9mm. He was arrested and put on the news, charged with impersonation......then the charges were dropped because he hadn't actually pulled anyone over or said he was a cop, his badge belonged to a non-existant organization, and the firearm was legally owned and stored. He is now suing the city which plans to settle out of court.

Granted this is an extreme example and this guy PROBABLY was up to no good. But the point is he broke NO laws BECAUSE he used the emblems of a non-existant agency.

Basically saying a fake group was authorized by another fake group on a tag is no big deal. Besides, we don't have the rights to the Ghostbusters logo, and I'm sure Sony would be more keen on suing over merchandising than the Environmental Protection Agency would.
But my point is that guy got arrested, even though wrongfully, even with his fake logos. It's not about legality, or being sued because you won't get sued over this, it's about preventing the possibility of getting hassled.

I don't know about you, but I don't want to have to deal with an irate cop simply because of a logo. It's a hassle.

But beyond that, and back to my original point - and the point I brought up last time - unless Ghostusters is a government agency, why would they have those seals? We're not talking about a "licensed by the EPA" stamp, we're talking about a straight-up EPA logo.

If you need any clarification at all, PM me or […]

Proton Props UK

Good decision to lift the ban! By the way: I think[…]

I'd use some putty. Yeah. I'm sorry, I'm not […]

Or if you bought the access pack you get them inst[…]