Mattycollector.com has all the info on the San Diego Comic Con Exclusive that will be available, a translucent green Peter Venkman doppelganger from the episode Citizen Ghost.

Retro-Action™ The Real Ghostbusters™ Peter Venkman™ ($20)

Our all-new line of Retro-Action™ The Real Ghostbusters™ figures arrives this fall, but you can get the first figure at SDCC! We'll have an exclusive variant version of Peter Venkman™ as a spooky spirit when his outfit was possessed in episode 11 "Citizen Ghost" (variant version has all green clear skin). Best of all, Peter Venkman™ talks! Just press the button on his chest to hear four lines of his dialog from the episode.

Visit Mattycollector.com for information regarding future releases.
Zack wrote:Image

Mattycollector.com has all the info on the San Diego Comic Con Exclusive that will be available, a translucent green Peter Venkman doppelganger from the episode Citizen Ghost.

Retro-Action™ The Real Ghostbusters™ Peter Venkman™ ($20)

Our all-new line of Retro-Action™ The Real Ghostbusters™ figures arrives this fall, but you can get the first figure at SDCC! We'll have an exclusive variant version of Peter Venkman™ as a spooky spirit when his outfit was possessed in episode 11 "Citizen Ghost" (variant version has all green clear skin). Best of all, Peter Venkman™ talks! Just press the button on his chest to hear four lines of his dialog from the episode.

Visit Mattycollector.com for information regarding future releases.
Wow- this sounds awesome. I might get the variant to compliment the other RGB figures.
this puts a different exciting twist on it me thinks. The pictures are a bit misleading. Here's hoping we get to see the green Venkman soon!

I wonder why this is being shown? Should we assume RGB Venkman will be the only one that has this as the exclusive? Then the multicolored regular guys will be first to see the light of day after that?
Zack wrote:this puts a different exciting twist on it me thinks. The pictures are a bit misleading. Here's hoping we get to see the green Venkman soon!

I wonder why this is being shown? Should we assume RGB Venkman will be the only one that has this as the exclusive? Then the multicolored regular guys will be first to see the light of day after that?

That was the way I understood it, yeah.
I really hate the suit. Not the color but the material. They should have done it the way they did the 6 inch movie figures. It sucks cause this is what I've been waiting for and it's a big let down.
Im actually very excited about this figure line. The retro style figures are very chique and offer a great display piece that doesnt need to be removed from the package. What is even more exciting is how the proton pack is very accurate to the first season of The Real Ghostbusters. Many people seem to over look that the packs were originally colored black, dark blue or gray not vibrant blue like in later seasons.
What I like, like Dan said, is how Retro it is.

It's what people also need to remember about this figure. It's supposed to look like it came straight out of the 1980's - I think they did an amazing job re-creating it. I love how it's even got the cheap packaging too.
Some_Guy wrote:What I like, like Dan said, is how Retro it is.

It's what people also need to remember about this figure. It's supposed to look like it came straight out of the 1980's - I think they did an amazing job re-creating it. I love how it's even got the cheap packaging too.
As a child of the 80's I NEVER remember seeing action figures like this. I owned everything from Masters of the Universe, to Voltron, to M.A.S.K., to Filmation's Ghostbusters. None of them were Mego style. So sure they're retro, but they're 70's retro, not 80's. If they weren't going to make the RBG as 6" movie masters It would have made more sense to offer new figures in the Kenner scale/style, but it's clear that Mattel is just looking to make the cheapest product possible. These look like $5 figures at best.
VenomSymbiote wrote:Any chance folks who can't go will be able to snag the ghost variant? I'd totally buy one and pretty bummed if we wont get the chance.
I have a feeling that the green venkman will be a "chase variant" they might eve be random if these have the same white packaging over them that the othe GB figures do.

I hope I'm wrong though.
dtblack wrote:
Some_Guy wrote:What I like, like Dan said, is how Retro it is.

As a child of the 80's I NEVER remember seeing action figures like this. I owned everything from Masters of the Universe, to Voltron, to M.A.S.K., to Filmation's Ghostbusters. None of them were Mego style. So sure they're retro, but they're 70's retro, not 80's. If they weren't going to make the RBG as 6" movie masters It would have made more sense to offer new figures in the Kenner scale/style, but it's clear that Mattel is just looking to make the cheapest product possible. These look like $5 figures at best.
I 100% agree. Something is better than nothing of course.

Also I'm really confused now (nothing new) but let me see if I got this:

Is the SDCC exclusive the version of Peter shown above in his movie outfit or is it the green version in the movie outfit? Or both? Aghh!

Sorry for being a bit thick!
Dan AKA wrote:What is even more exciting is how the proton pack is very accurate to the first season of The Real Ghostbusters. Many people seem to over look that the packs were originally colored black, dark blue or gray not vibrant blue like in later seasons.
I have to disagree in terms of accuracy... it really isn't all that faithful to the final design used in the cartoon... it's closer to the movie Proton Packs.

Joe: darklantern emphasized that it would be a Lorenzo Music soundalike, rather than audio samples of Lorenzo himself.
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

This has probably been mentioned but MattyCollector's post on Twitter just explained it to me:
All of the SDCC items will be available at MattyCollector.com on Aug 2nd EXCEPT for the following:

-Starro Spores (only available at SDCC with purchase of Starro 75th anniversary pack)
-Plastic Man Suitcase (only available at SDCC with purchase of Plastic Man)
-Variant version of Retro Action Peter Venkman (Clear green ectoplasm version)
-Color change Orko (version sold online will not have color change figure or the SDCC sticker on the book)
So the human movie version will be out for us Non-Cons on MattyCollector.com but the green version is Con/eBay...

Sorry if this was common knowledge but this whole thing really confused me!
Dan AKA wrote:Oh noes, you`re right it isn`t that accurate. WELL THIS LINE IS RUINED FOR ME.
Heh. :)

Well, to a certain extent... not so much "ruined", but the job of convincing me to buy/commit to this new range is now harder. :( Like everyone else I thought "awesome" when I first saw it, and the news of a ghost clone version is still awesome in itself as well, as that's one of my all-time favourite episodes... It's just that as a paying customer, fan and someone who has bought some of their prior Ghostbusters products, a few elements of this figure don't meet the expectations that Mattel established with the Ray and Winston figures I currently own.
Im gonna go back to playing with my super accurate original RGB toys.
Heh, well... it could be argued the Kenner figures are still more accurate. :P

I'm gonna let that trail off before I make myself look any more like a dick.
VenomSymbiote wrote:Any chance folks who can't go will be able to snag the ghost variant? I'd totally buy one and pretty bummed if we wont get the chance.
According to the site the only way to get the green will be only at SDCC and the regular will be available on the site. Which of course SUCKS royally..but who are we to complain only the consumers....wish they would take our interest in mind.
Spengler/84 wand Gun Track

So...I had more than a little problem with dis[…]

Preview for #2 on DH's page. https://www.darkhors[…]

The_Y33TER , since the majority of the maker sc[…]

PKE Meter build project!

DO you have this files on sale?