giric thren wrote:Is it really going to be 6 months for the android version?
Sorry, just being cynical. No real clue how long it's going to be. I'm assuming like the last game it's going to be months, or never like the one before it.
The "pay wall" in this game is lvl 5. The game is build so you'll HAVE to purchase power core to hire a new buster. If you do not it will be extremely long until you get strong enough to clear the lvl 5. Since the blueprints are only in the tower you can't really count on new equipment. Research on ghost is pretty much the only choice.

oh btw a new buster is 50 power core so 5$ minimum. The team boost also cost power core : 5pc = 1day, 10pc = 3 days and 15pc 7 days. since the minimum amount of power core you can buy is 50 for 5$ it can get really expensive really fast.
I don't have a way to play this game right now... but isn't it normal for these games to allow you to keep playing (and advancing) for free as long as you give it time? Don't they only release a few levels, and then release updates that allow you to go further?

That's how other games like this have worked for me in the past. I've leveled up to a level where they didn't plan anyone reaching... then in the next update release an additoninal level to account for that. Then another, then another... etc.
Michael Scott wrote:50 floors and I can't get past Floor 4. I don't think I'll be making it very far in this game. And no, I won't be pouring any money into it to make it easier. Anybody else stumped or roadblocked?
i have also become stumped at floor 4 :/
no more avalable tech upgrades

gonna spent time getting the ghost-research upgrades
all 3 busters on my team are maxed (lvl 5)
i have debated buying s few cores to buy a buster.... not sure who though... Egon was always my fav :D but i have no idea waht kind of skills he gets..
The game seems slow to start without paying for the upgrades with real money. However, I have been playing the game for a while now and can tell you that there is no level 5 hump in which the game make you pay (In my experience). This isn't to say it is not time consuming. If you look closely, you can do 5 missions per hour, you then get money and other rewards to advance, this includes power cores. The power cores show up as special rewards for doing this or that (IE Catch 40 XYZ ghosts) and you get two power cores. You have to run enough missions to get these cores and be patient enough in the beginning to use the cores they give you when you start. Spend the power cores to Hire Egon. He is awesome. He has an ability to heal all the members of the party by 25% or so. His second is a shield for a targeted player for 6 seconds. This is a straight up strategy game and should be played as such. It appears to me to take time, critical thinking, and determination. I have just finished floor 6 and unlocked the manual for levels 6-10. I did it you can too! But, it took time. When starting a bust move all of your characters to the middle, but not so they are overlapping one another. This way you can click on a ghostbuster and use their abilities, if you don't use these you will fail. Also, do not let the ghostbusters determine their own targets, tell them what to hit. I get rid of all the lower level enemies first, as if you don't do so you may be chipped down, Once all the littles are taken care of have the character with the slime thrower attack the larger enemy, this usually distracts the enemy and causes them to attack that ghostbuster specifically. At the same time I have Egon healing them. If the enemy starts dealing to much damage I use Egon's shield ability. Again, every Ghostbuster should be focused on one enemy at a time. Hope this helps. Every Ghostbuster fan should get this game. End game I might buy some stuff but not now. If I do I might shorten the game. We need to support Ghostbusters games and merch as much as possible. If it popular and producers see a profit they will come out with more stuff. So, give it a real chance and stop complaining, it is a FREE game after all. My 2 cents, Thanks!
Luckily I was able to get pass floor 4 but I had to start over and i just saved my power cores and just waited for the research time. i used some of my power cores for team upgrade(attack and defense up to 25%) that helped a little, I barely got past it but it worked for me.
Once I maxed out the three newbies, I decided I like it enough to drop some cash on the $10 core package. I went with Egon (because he's my favorite) and Ray.

The best combination I've found is two busters, one wrangler, and one scientist. I position the two busters in the middle, facing opposite directions and the scientist in the middle of the screen at the bottom while the wrangler stays at the top. I generally try to keep the scientist and the wrangler facing opposite directions. The most important thing is to keep your buffs and debuffs going whenever there are ghosts on the screen. I've also found that saving cash isn't really a big deal so far. Since you have to grind through missions to earn slime, you earn more than enough to keep buying upgrades. So far, I've found the ecto vests and proton scopes to be game changers.

Does anyone else find it weird that Peter is a wrangler instead of Winston? Something is bothering me about seeing him with a slime blower. That said, the main villain choice is insane in the best possible way.

No iCloud syncing. :cry:
SkyHighGam3r wrote:Greeeeeaaaaat.... another Ghostbusters game coming to iOS... and another 6-8 months for an android version too...

What about Windows phone **** ******* ..... It's bullcrap.
This is BS! Why doesn't it work on my iPod Shuffle!
This is one I might actually pay for, however I have an Android device.

For anyone who cares, Android is not a niche OS. It has over 50% market share while Apple devices are closer to 30%. Globally. In the US, the two are neck and neck.
kevinj319 wrote:This is one I might actually pay for, however I have an Android device.

For anyone who cares, Android is not a niche OS. It has over 50% market share while Apple devices are closer to 30%. Globally. In the US, the two are neck and neck.
While it is true that Android has more devices out there now. That doesn't mean this game would be made to be compatible with all of them. That is the true problem with the Android platform when it comes to app making. You can't ensure your app works on all devices.

Of course I don't think that would actually be a huge problem... but I know this game probably wouldn't work on my old Android phone for example.

And of course this game doesn't work on devices older than the 3GS. I'm hoping to give it a try tonight on a 3rd gen iPod touch.

As I said earlier on though. CapCom has no plans to release this game for Android. If the iPhone game really takes off, (IE you buy a lot of power cores!) then they will consider it for Android.
By gEkX
So true.

Its a hardware issue, I think, with android.

Firmware seems to be the same across the board, there's a few slow-to-update company's but root access solves that problem.

Any device with an nVidia processer is guaranteed support simply because there is no porting involved.
If it has nVidia support (almost every game made) it will run on mobile devices using the Tegra chipset inherently.
Michael Scott wrote:50 floors and I can't get past Floor 4. I don't think I'll be making it very far in this game. And no, I won't be pouring any money into it to make it easier. Anybody else stumped or roadblocked?
I'm stuck on level 5 I feel ur pain and I'm not spending cash on points ether. Gonna have to buster up lol!
I must've missed where it said 50 floors. Where did you see that? if its true I've got a long way to go.
Donkey8012 wrote:I must've missed where it said 50 floors. Where did you see that? if its true I've got a long way to go.
I think Egon said so early on in one of the first few trips up to the main building. Perhaps an exaggeration?

Is there anybody that has passed Floor 5 with just the 3 new GBs you get at the beginning of the game? I've tried different strategies to beat the boss in that level and failed miserably each time. I'm thinking that doing it with less than 4 GBs might be impossible. I don't have near enough power cores to buy an extra GB, and I don't want to spend actual cash, so I guess I'll keep trying different things until I get lucky. Any advice would be great.
Proton Props UK

A handful? Really? Good luck with your wait, I ho[…]

Hasbro Ghostbusters

While you're 100% correct about the function[…]

Uniform Tips

It does rain frequently here in London, but not to[…]

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]