As apart of Volkswagen's continued support of Independent Cinema, a Ghostbusters inspired commerial is now hitting the internet (and hopefully television sets soon). The commercial gives a comical look at the crew at Hook and Ladder #8 and what they have to deal with on a daily basis. Having just recently visited Hook and Ladder #8, we really have to agree with how spot on accurate this commercial is...

Thanks to river_of_slime for the link.
My first thought was, 'OMG... that's what we look like.'

But having known that for years, I think we're all good with that fact.

And WOW, what a great commercial! Will VW actually air it on TV though? I know there won't be any issues with the Ghostbusters license, since everything in the commercial was either parody or "tweaked" references (no logos, no replica props, etc.).

The concept just seems a little obscure... Unless VW is just trying to promote its name and show support for Independent Cinema (which is great, btw!). But how does that benefit VW?
ShadowSt wrote:. Unless VW is just trying to promote its name and show support for Independent Cinema (which is great, btw!). But how does that benefit VW?
Volkswagen has been a strong supporter of independent film through their sponsorship of film festivals and indie cinemas for about a decade now. Each year for the past few they've been doing a series of these ads, some tv and some print. (The video I posted where the guy was equating GB with obesity was from the 2008 series)

Last year Seth Gordon (the guy that made the donky kong documentary "King of Kong: A Fistful of Quarters") did an awesome one about a religion based on the Big Lebowski.

Some of the print ads for 2010 have been pretty great too.

At some point, probably just better off opening up[…]

Spengler/84 wand Gun Track

So...I had more than a little problem with dis[…]

Preview for #2 on DH's page. https://www.darkhors[…]

PKE Meter build project!

DO you have this files on sale?