Speaking of money issues, I cannot believe that Mattel charged $25.00 for the Courtroom Ray Stantz action figure and yet he looks nothing he does in the film. Both the shirt color and tie pattern are off and for $25 bucks you would think Mattel could throw in a Proton stream or something else besides Tony Scoleri.
Dukegurl12 wrote:Maybe I missed something, but were they just not making enough money on the figures? They were awesome! Why did they decide to stop making them?
They wanted to milk it as a cash cow, and mishandling ruined the line for many collectors, who then slowed down buying.
Development costs for the main uniformed guys was very low since they reused many of the existng molds and parts, but they still charged a high amount for them. They just got too greedy.
Kingpin, Jimmy Miller liked this
How 'bout the GBII 12"? Only having one of each color uniform? With interchangeable name tags? How basic is it to have enough suits for both figs? Just thinking on how uphill it would be to obtain the "missing uniforms" in order to display them properly was a dealbreaker for me on these sets.
elsoldao7 wrote:How 'bout the GBII 12"? Only having one of each color uniform? With interchangeable name tags? How basic is it to have enough suits for both figs? Just thinking on how uphill it would be to obtain the "missing uniforms" in order to display them properly was a dealbreaker for me on these sets.
That's a great example of their shameless greed. When people complained about it they even said just buy two. It backfired on them though (as most things do) because instead of all the interested parties buying two of each set, most said to hell with that and didn't buy any.
I would have liked to pick up seperate GB2 12" figures, but the 2 packs were overpriced. Especially considering they cleared out single 12" figures for $25 or so. Obviously, they could sell for those prices and still make money. (Especially considering brick n mortar stores usually make 40% off anything they sell.)
Wow! As a big time MOTUC collector I never really see the GB side of the Mattel BS.
Buying toys from them sucks a lot of the fun out it. You GB collectors really got the shaft , but it is by no means isolated to GB they consistently treat the customers like garbage. At least the License for GB could potentially be picked up by someone else....us MOTU fans are stuck with Mattel or nothing. The main point of ths post is to say bravo to AJ for a well written and thought out post. :boogieman:
I love most of the stuff Mattel released...but after the same body with a "NEW" head i just gave up on giving them my money.Back in 2004 when NECA came out with there Ghostbusters line for the 20th Anniversary why could they not continue there line,there attention to detail was beautiful :).But i must say i do love customizing the Mattel figures but who dosen't :whatever:
At that point in time, the likeness rights were not being given out at all. Thats why Neca cancelled the line.
Who knows? By the time GB3 ever does come out (or GB1 gets remade) neca might be able to snap up the license again. They've ben knocking everything out of the ballpark in th elast year, and getting really spendy licenses like Avengers. The upcoming 18" Ironman figure just looks amazing, especially for the price.

So maybe the delays in GB3 will work in out in our benefit at the end of the day?
So with an additional slap in the face, Matty Collector has now made their forums purely Members Only. I just tried to pass on by their site and see what is the latest of this and that. I came to find out I have to log in or create an account just to view the forums.

It just goes to show you the lengths that Matty Collector will go to further alienate their fan base.

The amount of people participating in the milest[…]

No issue with Spongeface keepalive and TalentCel[…]

After 2 years of this failed Walmart trap conversi[…]

Wanna play Unleashed with me?

I'm ready big man whenever you want let's goooooo.[…]