Just when you thought the line was dead, Mattel does this!

Negative vibrations from ectoplasmic entities bumming you out? Give them a positive blast with your Neutrino Wand! Developed with Sony Entertainment, this authentically detailed wand delivers vibrations and a force kickback when blasted, light meter animations on the base that ramp up and down depending on how high you you've adjusted the proton stream setting, and an extending tip that lights up with orange, red and yellow LEDs. (does not actually shoot a beam).

The wands buttons and switches are loaded with lights and sounds sampled directly from the Ghostbusters films. Including the main power on/off switch and the proton stream on/off switch, length adjuster knob and blasting button. And if total protonic reversal is your thing, then you'll want to cross the streams and see what happens! Fire two Neutrino Wands at each other and watch the lights change color as the light up meter transforms to a unique pattern and new sounds and vibrations are triggered.

The Neutrino Wand is likely to go on sale in 2014, and will sell for $130 (plus shipping) on MattyCollector.com.
This is exciting news honestly. If this is done right FOR ONCE by matty this could boost the line potentially. I cant say how many of us would want one given we already make superior ones.

I'm going to assume the sales on these will dictate whether or not they'll make a attachable pack like I've seen theorized here.
As I noted in the other thread, I think this looks awesome and I'll definitely be purchasing one.

Extending tip? Lights, sounds, and a cool cross the streams feature?

Sign me up and take my money.

Cue all the "inaccuracy" talk though. I just know that me personally, I will love this just like the PKE, trap, and the coming goggles, I'm sure. Its way cheaper and has more features than any of the amazing builders can do here (and that's not sarcastic). I get that its not a 100% spot on movie replica and that plenty of builders here can make something LOOK nicer. The problem with that is that costs are higher for individual builders, and that some of the features offered here (kickback, interactive light features).

No casual person that will see it will notice any of the minor inaccuracies, and the features and cost are way more in line with what I personally would want.

I'm also really excited to see what the other unannounced prop is that's under the sheet. I'd guess a pack, but who knows.
joeghostbuster liked this
I believe what you are seeing is pretty much finalized. It is all injection molded, and there won't be much room for changes at this point. That being said... there will be plenty of room for improvement... and if we can make more accurate parts to put on it.. we will!
Sutton621, joeghostbuster, Enderwigan and 1 others liked this
I have the PKE meter and the trap, and I'm planning to buy the goggles. I'll probably end up with the thrower too.

I like the PKE meter enough to carry it while I'm in costume. The trap was too expensive and not durable enough for that, in my mind. I'm not sure whether or not I'll actually wear the goggles in public until I have them in my hands. The thrower, though... there's no way I'd carry that around. Definitely a neat toy, but far from a high-end prop replica.
Really surprising that they just whipped this out of nowhere with no build up to it at all. Wow.

I think that right now I'm on the fence about whether or not I'll buy one. On one hand I think it looks nice, the features sound great and it'll bypass my inability to produce my own props. On the other hand it'd be a little bit of a waste having just the wand, pairing this wand with a subpar pack would make my mind crazy and I could always eventually make my own that's more accurate with a kit from somebody like TC.

Guess I'll see where the general consensus lies and make a decision. Guessing this won't be available for purchase for some months, right? It is really neat that we're getting a slew of fully grown, quality (for the most part and that's debatable, granted) versions of the toys we all had when we were young.
The background for the sheet covered object is the 30th Anniversary logo while the background of the Trap, Wand, Goggle set up was the plain logo. Maybe that's a clue to what it is?

It's definitely too small to be a full pack. Unless it's just one part of the pack (maybe you have to buy three things: the top half, the bottom half and then a final 'add-on' package that includes tiny details like hoses, fittings, etc.?). Could be just a shelf to sit something on but the way it's messily set up says otherwise to me.
ChapterMasterTu'Shan wrote:So people are all for buying parts from Matty to build a full Proton Pack themselves....

Meanwhile, in the For Sale section of GBFans.com, everyone is scratching their heads.
I'd love to build my own but I honestly have no room or resources to do so. I live in a small 2 bedroom apartment, no space to build, no tools. I wouldn't mind like a self containing kit that I could put together, but buying each piece and painting and whatnot is a bit too much for me unfortunately. I envy all of you who can get your's built.
I personally never said I'd definitely buy a full MattyCollector Pack over a kit made by one of the vendors here.

But I have to admit that if the deficiencies in accuracy were coupled with a price tag at a fraction of the price it'd cost me to build my own, I know I would be one of the crowd that would be very interested. And I don't think that makes me a bad person or anything like that at all.
ProtonCharger liked this
I'm buying 12 Neutrino Wands! And then I'll sell them for a huge mark-up 3 years down the road when Matty says they are completely sold out and they won't make any more ever! :sigh:

I actually bought 3 PKE Meters and 3 Traps, planning on selling in the future when prices skyrocketed, but that hasn't happened quite just yet. Also, when is Ghostbusters 3 coming out? That will definitely make my Matty toys more valuable.
ProtonCharger liked this
Wow. I'm surprised, but at the same time, not. I asked Scott from Matty point blank last October if they were going to do this, and he basically said there was no reason they wouldn't. Considering the source, I didn't put too much stock into it, but geez - there it is.

Curious to see what electronics they're coming out with for this one.
A containment unit could be neat. Just something you hang on the wall and has an opening 'dock' that you can slide the trap into. Pull a lever on the side of it and it does a light and sound show complete with red and green lights at the top. With the configuration already on the pull out part of the trap, maybe they already had this in mind when designing the trap, similar to the compatibility between the goggles and the PKE.

If they retail it for like... $70-80 it could be a pretty neat little addition. And a square wall containment unit definitely fits the shape under the sheet.
I personally hope for a PCU that works with a trap but that's not likely.

Judging by the trap size above it, it's about twice as big and that is about the size of a pack. I think the cyclotron is the lower part. As mentioned in a thread in the "Collectibles" forum, I doubt an ECTO as Mattel owns Hot Wheels and that's been covered already.

Excited for Friday!
Well, I'll be getting the wand for sure... I was expecting to get a Giga but I don't think Mattel will be doing one anytime soon. The "secret" item... Well, I think it's too small to be a life size pack, could be a 1:2 pack? Maybe a 1:4 Containment Unit? A fire house? Or an Ecto for the 1:6 figures? I would get any of those, but NOT a 1:1 proton pack... I spent a few years building and upgrading mine and I definitely can tell it is more accurate than any Mattel could ever sell.
I'm just having trouble seeing the Proton Pack shape under there. Looks too boxish to me. And the size dimensions look a little off to me. Unless they have it face down, but I don't know why they'd do that.

But yeah, it has to be the Pack under there. It's definitely for the GB line and there's nowhere else to go in terms of prop replicas if they already revealed a wand.

Then again it could just be our speculation running rampant and it could just be a display for something to go on top of the sheet or something else entirely (a rooftop diorama with Gozer and the Terror Dogs to complete the action figure line would be cool).
I think to hide the odd shape of a pack, you might be seeing two acrylic shelves to disguise it.

I just compared my 1:1 gb2 pack that was made from parts here and it's a "tiny bit" longer than two Matty GB trap lengths. Not much longer really.

It just makes too much sense with that wand coming out to not be a pack! I'd guess around $300 if it is.

I missed out on the Haslab packs too. I am conside[…]

Thanks The_Y33TER ! Confirmation there's no elect[…]

A little sneak preview of one of the bedrock parts[…]

Where do the other ends of the red/yellow wire[…]