We mentioned the deal with Krispy Kreme earlier this month on the forums, now it is official!

Switch on your proton packs because the boys are back in town! Krispy Kreme and Sony Pictures Consumer Products have joined together to mark the 30th iconic blockbuster motion picture franchise with an exclusive offer of two new marshmallow Kreme-filled Ghostbuster treats inspired by the supernatural comedy’s sweetest villains. In conjunction with the release of the Ghostbusters 30th Anniversary Edition Blu-ray release, Krispy Kreme is introducing Ghostbusters and Stay Puft Marshmallow Doughnuts that will be available September 29 through October 31, 2014 at participating Krispy Kreme® US and Canadian locations. While supplies last. Now through September 29th, contact your nearest participating Krispy Kreme location to pre-order five dozen or more Krispy Kreme Ghostbusters Doughnuts.

Here are the doughnuts:

Ghostbusters Doughnut: A marshmallow Kreme-filled shell topped with white icing, a decorative green “splat” inspired by Slimer, and a Ghostbusters logo sugar piece.
Stay Puft Marshmallow: A marshmallow Kreme-filled shell topped with white icing, decorated with Stay Puft Marshmallow Man’s familiar face and a sugar piece hat.

Full Press Release Here
CaptJackHarkness wrote:Roadtrip and pre order ... It will be 2 hours well worth it.
Are you buying the pre-order 5 dozen? o0 Remember: donuts freeze nicely :)
Tomorrow, myself and the Yorkshire Ghostbusters are going to visit the Krispy Kreme store in the UK city centre of Leeds to see if they will do them and during the day on Halloween we are going to offer to go down in full gear and promote them, pose for pictures (as we do) and wonder round the city centre.

Fingers crossed they say yes, plus it also gives the YGB something to do during the day on Halloween.
AJ Quick wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't really like Krispy Kreme doughnuts?
Nope, I don't like them either, too sweet... I'd rather go to Dunkin Donuts... However, for this purpose, I'll cave...

Somebody told me that a pre-order nabs you a DVD... Any idea what the DVD is for or what it has on it?
AJ Quick wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't really like Krispy Kreme doughnuts?
I can take 'em or leave 'em (particularly the glaze).. Though I could live on the raspberry jelly filled ones.

I still need to find out if Ingles might get some in, they carry KK doughnuts regularly and they did have some of the Cheerwine ones back when they did those....
Prologic9 wrote:Honestly the idea of a marshmallow filled doughnut makes me queasy.

Why couldn't they have just done a traditional cream or custard filling, something basic and popular? I WOULD HAVE BOUGHT DOZENS OF THEM, KRISPY KREME!!!1
Because the SPMM was made of marshmallows. People might have been standing on the streets with buckets to collect the goodness had he had a cream/custard/jelly center :D
Prologic9 wrote:Honestly the idea of a marshmallow filled doughnut makes me queasy.

Why couldn't they have just done a traditional cream or custard filling, something basic and popular? I WOULD HAVE BOUGHT DOZENS OF THEM, KRISPY KREME!!!1
Ooh, ooh....Just do the standard raspberry jelly and call 'em "Mood Slime" doughnuts! Easy-peasy! I'm a little wary of MM doughnuts myself, but I'll sure try them if I get the chance....
Grimmy GB liked this
Any other folks get the feeling of being stonewalled when reaching out to their local Krispy Kreme locations about making an appearance to help promote the launch of these doughnuts?

I'm especially feeling that, in light of this video. :sigh:
The video does nothing for me either way. I ordered 6 dozen for my family because everyone in the family are "ghostbuster fans" and they are cool. If someone does not like that video ... make a better one. Everyone has their right to promote themselves. I and a couple others from my group are going to show up in our suits at least just to show our support.
RichLather wrote:Any other folks get the feeling of being stonewalled when reaching out to their local Krispy Kreme locations about making an appearance to help promote the launch of these doughnuts?

I'm especially feeling that, in light of this video. :sigh:
I posted this somewhere else on here, but when I bought my (empty) bucket today my receipt said: "Come into the store 10/31 wearing your costume and get a free doughnut." Although I'm the "Lone Ghostbuster" round these parts, it should be a gas to see who/what comes by...
The Video Game Lifegard

Chris Hunt in the Facebook Group 3D Printed Ghostb[…]

We're bringing you the latest updates to the GBFan[…]

The amount of people participating in the milest[…]

This is awesome, One time. I love reading explanat[…]