By AJ Quick

News of these stupid rumors started by Dread Central, have been laid to rest by the man himself, Seth Rogen. When being interviewed for his new movie, Pineapple Express, Seth was asked about the rumors of a new Ghostbusters movie and his involvement.

"Really? That's f****g rad! No one's told me about it, you're the first one. You got a script? [laughter] Yeah, no -- are they actually remaking Ghostbusters? Sounds fun, though -- I'm psyched about it ... but are you sure I'm not playing Slimer?"

So consider this rumor officially dead, but if we had it our way it would never have been started in the first place. Although we wouldn't mind seeing another movie made that had these 40 Year Old Virgin actors in again... but Ghostbusters? No Way. Thanks to Raystantz Italy for the scoop via Cinematical.
By clortho
Okay maybe this is awful thinking but wouldn't that be funny if this rumor started some fuel under the fire in Sony? haha... kidding of course, but I still find it humorous given Ramis' connection to Rogen and Apatow and GB being a Sony property.. haha
lets see if others sites will put this news online fast as the gb3 rumor..
i've posted the link on pause.com (they have a major scoop: seth rogen , steve carrell and paul rud + the old gang (with bill murray agreeing for a short shooting schedule) and christopher walken as the GB's nemesis.

the answer: Thanks for the link…could be just a case of a star not wanting to out a project. Definitely seen that happen before.

some people are amazing.... :sigh:
LOL! That was an awesome response by Rogen. He actually sounds like a Ghostbusters fan in the way he responded to the rumors. Good to see we've gotten some definitive answers on that rumor. Not that we actually NEEDED them, but at least this should quiet most people about these stupid rumors. I'm sure there will still be a few people who will not give up, but at least most people will let it go now.
..and until we meet again, the case is sol-ved! (come on....what reference is this? anybody knows it?)

if someday, in some form, gb3 will be made i'll like to see Seth as a Ray's nephew. I know, maybe those actors don't suit well in a GB flick...but if Aykoryd and Ramis write something fun for them.....why not?
By Zack
If all the guys were a bit younger or if they do go the CGI route ONE DAY. I would say Seth Rogen could/should play/voice the new recruit if the Video Game story turns out to be good :D

Not saying I really want GB3, but if it were made, that would seem cool to me, since he is a fan.
By clortho
Zack wrote:If all the guys were a bit younger or if they do go the CGI route ONE DAY. I would say Seth Rogen could/should play/voice the new recruit if the Video Game story turns out to be good :D

Not saying I really want GB3, but if it were made, that would seem cool to me, since he is a fan.
The GB reference he threw in to Superbad was amazing.
By CJay
Raystantz Italy wrote:..and until we meet again, the case is sol-ved! (come on....what reference is this? anybody knows it?)
Peter Sellers as Inspector Jacques Clouseau, any one of the Pink Panthers and A Shot in the Dark (my favorite Sellers/Edwards outing) could have contained that quote :cool:

Rogen's a good guy, I was half-expecting the article about him in GQ this month to breach this topic first, but who knows when that was written.
CJay wrote:
Raystantz Italy wrote:..and until we meet again, the case is sol-ved! (come on....what reference is this? anybody knows it?)
Peter Sellers as Inspector Jacques Clouseau, any one of the Pink Panthers and A Shot in the Dark (my favorite Sellers/Edwards outing) could have contained that quote :cool:
GREAT!!! i love Sellers, Andy Kaufman and Monty Pythons!

i think that all the gbfans community knows those guys on youtube....
Ghostbuster56 wrote:LOL theres two guys on youtube Rockmx8 and Kittiscool who think that a ghostbusters 3 cgi movie is coming out in 2009 :eyeroll:

Oh Lord!!! Thankfully they have been banned from the site!!! :vinzclortho:
Busterchris wrote:
Ghostbuster56 wrote:LOL theres two guys on youtube Rockmx8 and Kittiscool who think that a ghostbusters 3 cgi movie is coming out in 2009 :eyeroll:

Oh Lord!!! Thankfully they have been banned from the site!!! :vinzclortho:
Their banned from this site?
yep, they kept up the whole GBIII Schrade and got themself's banned.

Stupidity and not beingable to swallow your pride and admit you were wrong won't get you very far.

AJ, Please don't man me for saying GBIII :walterpeck: lol
By Dan AKA
Ghostbuster56 wrote:Their banned from this site?

I think this needs some clarification before Ghostbuster56 thinks we ban those who talk about GB3.

Little back story, Ghostbusters III isn't happening. Older members of the board, like myself, remember rumors about Ghostbusters III all the way back from 97 or 98. I myself came to the online Ghostbusters community in search of GBIII news. After a few years of spit fire rumors, and even a script being produced we were finnaly content with the fact that it isn't happening. At least, I'm happy with it at that.

However, for the past few years a character named Patrick has been taking off with every little GBIII rumor and creating a lot of mis-information and havoc in the online community. He's sent threatening and nasty e-mails to those who try to explain what's really happening to him and his actions become more and more troll like. Eventually after the release of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles CGI movie a rumor popped up that Ghostbusters III would be CGI, again he ran with it, and again fouled up the boards with his non-sense.

Eventually he gathered a bosom buddy named rockmx8 who was only a little less awful and mentally profound than Patrick, but was on the same crazy ass band wagon. Eventually, thank god, the community boards (Ghostbusters.net, Ghostbusters Fans and then running Ghostbusters HQ) finnaly banned his ass.

And thus the little rat bastard is no more.

Last time I checked the crazy retard ban wagon includes:

Patrick
Rockmx8
Nukemdave

All of who have been banned for being trolls and generally unstable individuals.
By AJ Quick
Paul Rudd responds:
MTV: Have you heard about the rumor recently that you'd star in a new "Ghostbusters" movie along with Seth Rogen, Steve Carell and Romany Malco?

Rudd: I've heard this rumor. A couple of days ago somebody asked me that, and that was the first I'd heard about it. It's incredibly flattering to be in a rumor. I would do it in a second with those guys. But do you think it's a good idea to redo "Ghostbusters"? It's a classic.

MTV: Even if it's a rumor, it's a nice quartet of actors.

Rudd: [Sarcastically] I am really excited about it.

MTV: We've green-lit it right here.

Rudd: Excellent. When do we start shooting?

MTV: Are you going to do the Bill Murray role or Dan Aykroyd's, or perhaps Rick Moranis?

Rudd: I'd like to be Sigourney Weaver. Or maybe we can mix in the sequel and I can do a Peter MacNicol thing. I remember thinking, "That's the same guy from 'Sophie's Choice.' " It seemed so weird.
http://www.mtv.com/movies/news/articles ... tory.jhtml

Be careful removing the Hasbro weathering using […]

Are these autographs legit?

This is over a month old, but none of the four sig[…]

Charlesworth Dynamics Trap Build

Hi All, The Trap is coming on, I've nearly finish[…]

I found a cool tube at Ollies discount outlet, and[…]