By AJ Quick

As sent in by JediChris1138, Master Replicas has been hinting even further about their production of Ghostbusters Prop replicas. This time the hint from today's Newsletter cryptically mentions Ghost Traps.

"There’s been some interesting 'paranormal' activity on our message board. Help other members investigate and trap these and other strange occurrences by joining our message board today!"

Ofcourse who knows exactly what they have in store. Many times Master Replicas have stated they would be producing specific prop replicas, and end up not doing so. It would be cool though to have Officially Licensed Props!
Hope its the trap and the PKE Meter. Hell, I'd be surprised if they came out with the para-goggles. Either way, I'll buy what ever they come out with.
I didn't hear that. :blush: Nice.
If this is true, it would make the baby Jesus happy.
MightyJoe Dirt wrote:I hope they are making prop replicas of Ghostbusters equipment. It would be cooler though if they make Proton packs, and Slime blowers. :cool:
Master Replicas really doesn't do things that big.

Many people thought they would do the PKE.. but even then.. it is a bit too technologically advanced for them too.

The Ghost Trap or a Proton Gun actually seems the most likely.
clortho wrote:A gun? Who's going to shell out the dough for a proton gun but no pack?
Same people who shell out for a stormtrooper helmet with no armor. Or lightsaber hilts with no Jedi.
:cool: all I have is a uniform, Guass (Ghost) meter, Night vision Monocular and thermometer.
:angryvigo: darn it I just cannot afford and asemble a Protonpack with Induction rife... but a ghost Trap; Man! :blush:
Last edited by shandor1920 on August 25th, 2008, 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Where can I find these replicas?
When will they be available?
Who has an idea of the cost?
What is the LED capability?
Why is it no one has thought of this before?
How can I get some dry ice to go along with it?
:sigh:
Unfortunately I'm already focusing on what they will might get wrong on it. I hope it doesn't make lightsaber clash sound effects when you shake it around. I'll keep with the home made one, more aluminum then this one might have and definitely not afraid to wear it. Technically if this comes with a v-hook, it would only have one half of it right?
shandor1920 wrote:Where can I find these replicas?
At the moment, nowhere. They aren't available to buy yet.
When will they be available?
No idea. We'll know eventually but for now we have no date estimate whatsoever.
Who has an idea of the cost?
A couple of hundred is probably a fairly reasonable 'rough figure', given the average cost of Master Replica props.
What is the LED capability?
Quite possible with the hinted at Ghost Trap, not so sure about any other possibilities they may be entertaining.
Why is it no one has thought of this before?
They might've done, but probably didn't see a market for it in the past.
How can I get some dry ice to go along with it?
:sigh:
From any good party supply/special effects store. However please seek the opinion of a professional before progressing.
Oh man! This sounds so awesome! I cannot wait to hear more! I would LOVE to get my hands on an official Ghostbusters replica! I wonder what they might make? Obviously, it is hinted that they may make traps, but I wonder if they might end up making anything else, like the PKE meters, or whatever. I doubt they'd make proton packs, but that would be awesome!
Master Replicas has had a habit of making small models... ie: lightsabers, halo weapons, etc. I just hope they're not making mini GB props. They might make mini ghost traps and or proton packs, but they might make a 1:1 scale of the pke meter :boogieman:
If the traps are actual size, I hope the price won't require you to go out and take a loan from the bank. MasterReplicas items are not cheap. I do think it is cool they might be doing this though. Have to wait and see.
TheModelMaker wrote:If the traps are actual size, I hope the price won't require you to go out and take a loan from the bank. MasterReplicas items are not cheap. I do think it is cool they might be doing this though. Have to wait and see.

That's the one thing I hate about collectibles. I would buy all the Muppet Figures in an instant if they wher eabout $100's each. But sadly with each release proving more and more popular, the price just goes up. Kermit was around $200 if memory serves, just about right and he's sitting right next to my computer desk. I would have loved a Fozzie, Beaker, or Statlor and Waldorf, but Fozzie was around $400, and the others around that same price..

They know fans will find any way they can to pay for that one cool exclusive, often times sadly limited, item. Such is the annoying beast of the collecting market.
AJ Quick wrote:
MightyJoe Dirt wrote:I hope they are making prop replicas of Ghostbusters equipment. It would be cooler though if they make Proton packs, and Slime blowers. :cool:
Master Replicas really doesn't do things that big.

Many people thought they would do the PKE.. but even then.. it is a bit too technologically advanced for them too.

The Ghost Trap or a Proton Gun actually seems the most likely.
Too technologicaly advanced? Have you seen the Star Trek Tricorder thats coming out. All those LEDS.Go take a look at it. The only thing they need to put in there is the servo for the wings.
As cool as I think it would be for them to release a PKE meter, could they do it? I mean its not singularly a ghostbuster props its appeared as is in a couple of other movies so wouldn't they have to get that as a separate license and if they did make it would it only do the stuff we saw in the ghostbuster movies or would it also do what we saw it do in other movies since they are all features of this one device ? or maybe I'm just over thinking it :P
Well the trap is a given, archer. We're just wondering what else they're gonna come out with. I'm betting its the PKE or the goggles.

At the moment my interest would be what sorts fo[…]

Hasbro Ghostbusters

I know very little about Five Nights at Freddy's […]

Doug Keithley/sponge face/Ghostlab42 made a excell[…]

Did it come out today? Ugh the art is so bad tho[…]