The latest updates to the Ghostbusters Fans site.
By csullivan1980
Venkman's Swagger wrote:
csullivan1980 wrote:I would like to see multiple angle photos of items.

For example: Pack Labels.

Even though the description says both the vinyl and metallic come with labels for the pack, wand, etc it doesn't say how many sheets are in a set.

From what is currently pictured it looks like you get more labels buying vinyl over metallic. I see "Filler Plug & Air Vent" label in vinyl labels but not in metallic labels. It would be helpful to know exactly what I'm getting when ordering to help make a better decision between the two versions.
Off Topic..... The labels differ because some were aluminium backed and others weren't which is why there are 2 sets. To be accurate you would need both the vinyl and metal.

On Topic...... The new shop looks and feels more sleek. You've done a great job. Does it allow users to provide reviews from previous orders from before the shop was reworked AJ?
Then maybe in the description of the labels it should state/clarify which labels are in each set. From the current descriptions it makes it sound like with either set I buy I get a complete set of labels. I would hate to buy a set and discover I'm missing a label for a park of the pack, wand, etc.
By AJ Quick
LandoSystem wrote:- A price total on the wishlist. I don't know if moving items in and out of the shopping cart screws with your inventory tracking, but it would be nice to know about how much everything I will need for a pack / uniform / whatever will cost, including items that may not be available now.
I'm not sure I see the need to have the total in the Wishlist.

But eventually there will be bundles of items that can be purchased as one.

Unfortunately that is something that I've just not had time to implement.
LandoSystem wrote: Creator credits for individual items. I don't know if you make a lot of it, have frequent collaborators or if you source some from the community but I'd like to know whose parts I'm wearing so I can give proper credit in conversation.
There are only a handful of items that aren't actual vintage parts. When an item isn't made by GBFans (many custom items are), there is credit given... though not all sellers specifically ask to be credited.
LandoSystem wrote:ETA for restocks would be nice.
This should be implemented. Many of the restockable items will be available even when they are out of stock. When we order in restocks, we'll also have stocks changed to pre-orders and updated when items come in.
LandoSystem wrote:Default arrangement / grouping items. I notice parts for the thrower and the pack are all mixed together. Maybe you can put the LC-1 frame next to the LC-2, the clippard valves together, the resistors together, misc wand parts together, resin parts together, etc.
A default arrangement will actually be implemented here soon. Currently the default arrangement is based on how many items have been sold (popularity).
csullivan1980 wrote:I would like to see multiple angle photos of items.
As was mentioned previously. This already exists. I just haven't had the time to take more photos of every item yet.
By LandoSystem
Total in the wishlist is a minor thing. It would allow us to see a total for everything we plan to purchase, even things that may not be in stock.
It would be helpful for those of us who are budget-minded.
By AJ Quick
I have finally finished the data conversion on the database. Now all the order information should be correct!

You can check your order history by going here:

http://www.gbfans.com/shop/orders/

If anything looks out of place or is incorrect please let me know.
By Gb-fan1984
Looks great AJ!!! Can't wait! One thing I dont see is the ribbon cable that connects the light and sound kits anywhere on there. Anyway when can we expect the shop to reopen?
By CableGuy32
Even thou I'm relatively new to GbFans; I ordered just before you closed for November and I was extremely happy with the quick delivery to Australia and the items I received were top notch.

Love the new and improved "shop" and can't wait to order more stuff to finish my costume'

Thanking You

Cable :cool:
By Cyberkorr
AJ,

I tried to submit a review for the MAtty PKE Meter I purchased. The error came back as this:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function generate_rating() in /home/gbfans/public_html/shop/account.php on line 435
By AJ Quick
There is still a lot to do with the back end stuff. Plus all the inventory, pictures, descriptions... etc.

That being said. I am going to be trying my best to do a LIMITED test tomorrow. If you are interested in placing an order, please send me a quick PM letting me know what you'd like to order and indicate how you would like to pay (PayPal or directly from a credit card). I'm only interested in a small number of people right now, and I'm gonna need people from differing payment methods.

You'll also need to give me feedback, let me know of any errors and most importantly be okay with any mix-ups that may occur. (I will of course refund / cancel any orders that don't go as expected).

If you think you're able to do it, send me a PM.
By Lewis Tully
The shop is looking great, AJ! I have a whole bunch of X-Mas money that I am hoping to throw your way. Do you expect people will be able to order after this initial test, or will the shop not be up until after your holiday? (Lawd knows that I'll be broke again by Jan 6th. Hoping to be able to get a few trap parts ordered with my X-Mas money before that happens.) Again, great work, man!
By Nicholszz
Shop is for surely pretty.
When it's open I have some stuff to order, as I've been gathering stuff off fans for my first attempt at a build.

I did like the everything on one page thing, easier to just scroll down, then to have to click 'NEXT' each time.
But besides that, I like the rating system.
Was the Wishlist option there before?
We can like... now make lists for stuff to order?
That's AWESOME!
By slimer530
I see some new parts that I'm really excited about getting! ! Everything looks good to me I just wanna order stuff lol ..great job and hope you are open soon
By Hoot
I agree - the store is looking more streamlined and much better laid out and the Feedback option and FAQ's are great to expand on any potential questions buyers may have that are standard questions or concerns.

Looking forward to making use of when it goes live.
By Lewis Tully

I kidd, I kidd! Just feeling like a spoiled little brat over here. (Got my Nick A Tron trap kit in today, so that ain't helping. :P ) Can't wait to see the shop up and running. How did the trial run go recently?
By AJ Quick
Trial has not yet taken place. Found more bugs to tackle before it could be made available.

Hopefully will be ready tonight.

Also. I've only had two people interested in participating in the trial. If you want to order, send me a PM with a list of what you would like to order.

Also 2. I'd love to see more people write reviews. Only 5 have been submitted so far!
By SCFoximus
A.J., there is a slight glitch in the store when navigating pages

When looking in any subsection of the store (i.e. Pack Parts, Trap Parts), after navigating through the pages using the links (1, 2, 3, 4, >>, or <<), if you attempt to go back a page using your browser's back button (not using the in-store links), the page resets to the previous page viewed, but your number/directional button remains as what you had last selected, and cannot be re-selected unless you reload the page or load a new page.

For example, if I started on page 1 of Pack Parts, then clicked the [ 2 ] button for page 2, page 2 loads correctly.
If I were to then use my browser to go back a page (not selecting [ 1 ] or [ << ]), I would see the contents of the first page (with the correct url), but the [ 2 ] button remains selected.
This occurs in Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer, all with the same results.

Hopefully this made sense; I can provide screenshots if you need them.

Additionally, will there be subsections for General Merchandise?
For instance, I see that pages for things like The Complete SFX Guide to Ghostbusters and the Harold Ramis Memorial Pin still exist, but neither fall into any specific category, nor are directly linked to from the store's front page (unless I have overlooked something).

Lastly, I'll send you a PM to participate in the trial ordering right now, and will start writing some reviews for items I have already purchased later this afternoon.

EDIT:

It is not page breaking, but I've located another oddity; From in the store, selecting an item links to one specific page, but selecting the same item from a wishlist links to a different page (with a different URL).

For example:

If I go to Uniforms, then select "Uniform: Pistol Belt (Khaki)" I am given the URL: http://www.gbfans.com/shop/uniform/khaki-pistol-belts/
Additionally, the path at the top of the page reads: "Home > Shop > Uniforms > Uniform: Pistol Belt (Khaki)"

However, if I select the same item from my wishlist I am brought to the URL: http://www.gbfans.com/shop/khaki-pistol-belts/
Meanwhile, the path at the top of the page reads: "Home > Shop > Uniform: Pistol Belt (Khaki)"

I tested this with 12 items from different sections of the store, all with the same results.

It's a minor inconsistency, but I figured it might be something worth checking out.
By ladydragonqueen
SCFoximus, I think AJ had mentioned how he plans to re-add the categories, but he was still working on them. Items I added to my wish list I can still view and have options to add them to my cart.
By SCFoximus
ladydragonqueen wrote:Items I added to my wish list I can still view and have options to add them to my cart.
Yes, the functionality of the items in the wishlist seems to work correctly, however the link for the item provided on the wishlist page is dissimilar from the link in the store proper. Of the two pages I linked above, it appears to be the exact same page, albeit with a difference in the links that are displayed within the page; the page source is near identical, however one is missing the subsection "Uniform" and it's correlating URL in each instance.

As I said, it is not page breaking thus far and as long as it does not affect functionality it should be fine, if just a bit inconsistent with, and slightly less efficient than the rest of the site. I just thought it would be worth looking at in case it was somehow eating up server space or if it could potentially bring up errors in the future (items ordered from one URL not being reflected on it's counterpart's page or in the inventory). These problems are unlikely with the way the store seems to be set up, but are worth double checking as looking for minor discrepancies like these are an important, yet oft overlooked, part of usability testing.
ladydragonqueen liked this
By SCFoximus
Leaving reviews has lead me to another minor glitch:

When leaving a review for the Elbow Pads the yellow section denoting how many reviews have been left bleeds out of the box, as shown in the screenshot below.

This is the only item I have run across with more than one review so far, so I'm not sure if other items are affected as well, nor if the yellow bars would continue to stack to the right with continued reviews. It also remains to be seen what will happen if someone leaves a review with a lower star ranking.

This does not affect the item's main page, only the "Add Review" page.
This issue consistently occurs in Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer.

By AJ Quick
Higgs1 wrote:Just did a few reviews, but some items (banjo replicas & straight replicas) did not allow me to write reviews. Not sure if another bug.
Were you logged in when you ordered them? Where did it not let you add the review? Did it just not provide a link to review it?

SCFoximus. Thanks for the help so far.

The URL thing is as is intended. If you access the product through a category, it will have the category in the url. If you access it directly. It will not. I believe the url will still work even if the category does not exist. So that's all good. It won't affect things.

I just implemented a fix on the review page you encountered. Please recheck that to see if it still gives you the extra wide problem.

I'll have to look into the problem with the back button and the page numbers.
By Higgs1
I was logged in, I'm now figuring that you an only review items that you've actually purchased, that makes more sense.

I was trying to review things I hadn't ordered from the store (got them on the forums 2nd hand, however, so could comment on them).

Thanks for clearing that up.
By SCFoximus
AJ Quick wrote:Please recheck that to see if it still gives you the extra wide problem.
I have a review pending for that item now, so I can't view it, but perhaps if you reject the review I will be able to check. Otherwise, we'll need someone else who has purchased the item to check on it.

Also, glad to hear the URL thing was intentional and doesn't require a fix.
By AJ Quick
We're getting very close!

Testing occurred yesterday that revealed some bugs with the final ordering system.

I spent most of today fixing those bugs, causing more bugs, and then fixing those.

We just had three successful orders go through. There are still some changes to be made but it is absolutely possible that the shop will be up soon.

That being said. I will be leaving for a week vacation Monday morning. I likely will not be able to work on the shop at all during that time. So I don't think I will be able to make the shop 'live' until I return. I can guarantee that the shop will be working again the first week in January.

I will need a few more testers though. Please send me a PM if you'd like to do a trial order. Please note that you will need to be on the look out for bugs and write a thorough report of what you did and what (if anything) went wrong or looked out of place.
By Lewis Tully
AJ, if you can wait until Friday I will be happy to do a trial run I need some trap parts and am chomping at the bit to get ahold of them. I don't mind being a guinea pig. :)
GBFANS Ghostlabs light kit

Hey everybody, this is my first post so let me kno[…]

I've ordered one of these for a friend to use off […]

GB News is calling the Pink Camo Tint the last m[…]

Sugarland Express.Very early Spielberg movie,it's […]