The latest updates to the Ghostbusters Fans site.
By AJ Quick
I have recently seen the usefulness and power that Twitter can provide for quickly communicating between people on their site. I would like to bring this power to Ghostbusters Fans.

As many of you know, Ghostbusters Fans has a very large presence on Twitter: http://twitter.com/gbfans (nearing 1000 followers).. and it is quickly becoming a great way to spread messages quickly.

The proposed idea is to link Twitter to your profile pages and provide quick discussion and comments between users at GBFans. This would be different from the current comment system in that it would take your status updates and submit them to GBFans... in addition to that you would be able to update your status directly from GBFans and have it be reflected on your Twitter.

It would make your GBFans profile a one stop place to go in order to stay connected.

If things worked out well with Twitter, Facebook integration could also follow.

Please let me know what you think... and if you would use this system.
By Krenzy
I don't know if you're talking about dissolving what we have now or not, but if so, I say leave it as it is. I have no interest in Twitter, or "Tweeting", and although I have a Facebook account, I don't use it. My preference is this board, and similar boards, over the networking sites like Facebook and Twitter. My two cents.
By AJ Quick
The commenting and Private Messaging system will remain..

If you have a Twitter account it will allow you to link it. Similar to how YouTube is currently linked on the site... it would allow you to be active on Twitter without leaving GBFans. Definitely would be a plus all around!
By keoni
im putting my vote in for an optional thing. twitter doesnt appeal to me

though having a facebook integration may be kinda nice. but i also agree with krenzy on keeping it all separate
AJ Quick wrote:
Ron Daniels wrote:You mean it would be on the profiles here AJ, not replace the board right? i think a few people are confused about that issue.
Yes.

Why would we get rid of the forums?
I have no idea, but it is what several people implied I think.
Krenzy wrote:I don't know if you're talking about dissolving what we have now or not, but if so, I say leave it as it is. I have no interest in Twitter, or "Tweeting", and although I have a Facebook account, I don't use it. My preference is this board, and similar boards, over the networking sites like Facebook and Twitter. My two cents.
+10, I don't use Myspace, Twitter, Facebook, etc. :cool:
Actually.

In order to use these systems you will not need a Twitter or Facebook at all.

More or less I would like to bring status updates to GBFans. Let people know what you are doing... linking it to Twitter (and possibly Facebook) for the most up to date status.

GB News is calling the Pink Camo Tint the last m[…]

Sugarland Express.Very early Spielberg movie,it's […]

Also probably different release dates. USA[…]

Ghostbusters Day 2024

Even if Frozen Empire somehow made a billion dolla[…]