Write a quick introduction to introduce yourself.
By pyhasanon
Well, I've been in the community for almost 2 months now, but I've never taken the time to sit down and write my intro... Well, so here goes!

I've been a Ghostbusters fan for Lord knows how long... Here's some photos to show just how long ago... Special thanks to my mom for finding these, scanning them, and sending them to me today (she's currently residing in the Philippines)!

Unfortunately, as I progressed through High School, College, and then joining the US Navy, my fandom sat almost dormant... I'd still watch both movies countless times and was super ecstatic for the game when it came out, and was so happy that it was very well done and was faithful to the franchise, but that's as far as it would go... and then...

Come February 24, 2014... I come across the saddest of news, Harold Ramis has passed away... I was shattered... heartbroken... My favorite Ghostbuster, my childhood hero, and one of the biggest names in comedy has now passed away...

After mourning for a couple of days, I decided that it was about time I go back and live my childhood dream, at least for a moment, in his honor...

And here I am today, putting together my own flightsuit, along with the help of everybody in this community, and of course my beloved wife, who also joined me in my endeavor, and having a grand time doing it! Made numerous new friends, and learning new tricks and skills, and just having a blast... all in the name of one of the greatest men in Hollywood, who inspired me to become the man I am today...

Looking forward to building my own hero pack someday, that will be the icing on the cake!!! =D
EctoRalph liked this
By pyhasanon
If I remember well, it was quite popular during it's time... Can't remember what they were called...
By jimfin
Hi Phil
I spent 10 years out of 20 in the USAF stationed at Clark AB, my youngest daughter was born there and that's where my son Charles 1st got hooked on GI Joe, GB and Transformers when I brought him home toys from the many places in SE Asia I had the opportunity to visit. So nice to have another Pinoy family in GBFans. If we can help in any way let us know.

Jim
By pyhasanon
That's awesome, thanks for sharing! This community is so awesome, I wish I was a part of it long ago... The work you and your son did with the trap and pack recently is amazing, more power to you both!
By Hoot
Wow, I missed your intro thread. Don't ask me how. Belated welcome to the community; you've been a welcomed asset to this group of Ghostheads and an inspiration to others sir.

Welcome to the party, albeit 6 months late, brother in arms!
By pyhasanon
I'm still trying to figure out this "inspiration" thing... LOL

Thanks, Hoot, I can say the same for you!
By Hoot
PssdffJay wrote:Aww, group hug, everybody!!
...Can't do it...you still have that restraining order on me for that stalking bullshit.....
I mean come on, doesn't everyone hang out sometimes without telling the other person....from a tree....with binoculars??
By IndyFanChuck
I very much enjoyed reading this thread and seeing your photos! This is seriously inspiring! I smiled through reading this. :-)

--Chuck
    Hasbro Ghostbusters

While you're 100% correct about the function[…]

Uniform Tips

It does rain frequently here in London, but not to[…]

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]

Sorry, I hadn't seen any of these replies. Either […]