Return to Home Page - Ghostbusters Fans

View new posts | View your posts Virtual Ghostbusters

Post subject: Virtual Ghostbusters
PostPosted: January 4th, 2012, 2:00 pm 
Banned

Not sure where this topic should go, so I hope this is the right place.

I am a resident of Second Life. It is a virtual "game" kinda like World of Warcraft, only not war themed. (I guess, I have never played WoW.)

We are currently building and designing a GB role play game for residents of Second Life. My brother and I have spent the past month or so building the firehouse, proton packs, and other items.

Here is a short video showing the firehouse. I will make more videos of the proton pack, traps, Containment units and everything else soon.

This is not as easy as it looks. There is a lot of work that goes into "build" in a virtual world, scripting it to do what you want, ect. Even something as simple as making a door open takes a detailed script.

Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7D9oDYEmVk

(+0)

Post subject: Re: Virtual Ghostbusters
PostPosted: January 5th, 2012, 2:59 pm 
Banned

Here is a better video. With the containment unit and Ecot-1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=et7qKOV_6n0

(+0)

Post subject: Re: Virtual Ghostbusters
PostPosted: February 21st, 2012, 12:23 am 
Ghosthead

DANG! It's been a while since I've been in world. SL is still pretty cool, but RL has forced me to stay offline. I made a bunch of Ghostbusters-related items for Second Life, including Stay Puft, Slimer, proton packs and I even made the Ectomobiles ... before I was hit with a couple of DMCA notices. Your firehouse is pretty cool.

Checkout my poster for sale on gbfans
Visit my Etsy Store

(+0)

Share On: Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter Share on Digg Digg Share on MySpace MySpace Share on Delicious Delicious Share on Tumblr TumblrShare on Google+ Google+