What I'm looking for are some quick, 30 second "interviews" for
a fake documentary I'm working on.
In it, I ask you to film yourself talking about a certain paranormal
event that happened. If you have someone to interview you, even better.
I am working on a film (fan film) that is a cross between ghostbusters
and Blair Witch type genre.
It's just an idea I've had in my head a while and need to do it or it
will bug me for years. (Gotta love that OCD part of my brain.)
The film is about people disappearing and a member of the Spokane Ghostbusters
has maybe found them or what happened.
Here's where you come in:
The event you would describe is something along the lines of
people suddenly disappearing in a flash of light.
Examples would be: "We were walking through the park and this
couple was in front of us. Suddenly, BAM, this light appeared
and they were gone.".
"I said goodbye to her and turned away. I saw this flash of
light and when I turned around, she was gone. That was 6
months ago and I haven't seen her since.".
I'm a big believer in ad-libbing or making it up as you go,
sort of "The Office" style. No script, just an idea you convey.Ideas would be:
* Telling about the last time you saw them.
* Were they a boyfriend? Girlfriend? Parents? or just random people?
* Props help. Maybe you made a "missing" poster for them and have been looking
for them. Talk about the last thing they were wearing. Really believe they are gone.
* If you have someone to interview you, maybe go to the spot you saw the light at.
* Maybe mention you were interviewed by the FBI or other organization. Yes, you may mention you noticed the Ghostbusters on the scene.
* Mention the light (definitely)
* You CAN use a webcam,
* Act as if you are appealing to a paranormal group who may believe in what you saw.Things I need for the video:
* How long have they been gone. It can be years or days.
* Keep it simple. An interview for a news show or like you were making a video for
you tube to help you find the missing people.
* Keep it short. About 30 seconds but no more than a minute, please.
* Be able to send the video through our gmail account.
* Please, no swearing. I'd like to keep this PG at best.
* If I didn't use your video, it's only because of certain things I'm looking for.
Angles, clear audio, the pacing. There's lots I consider and yes, I'm kind of
a jerk that way but my real job is producing radio commercials and shows,
so its become second nature. Understand its NOTHING PERSONAL
, it's just
me wanting a certain thing I don't know until I see it.
* Keep it as "real" looking as you can. No fake beards or costumes, please.
* Please no wearing GB uniforms. Civilians only, please.
The first 5 will be considered but I will be taking a few more after that as
replacements if some don't work out.
I need the video files emailed to me before January 31st.
Thanks and good luck.
ChrisSend any questions (as I may not check these forums as often as I'd like) or your videos to:email@example.com
You can check out some small videos containing hints to the film.http://www.youtube.com/user/spokaneghostbusters