This is for other Ghostbusters Props that don't fit into the categories above.
So I was wondering since Egon was a genius at creating equipment ( especially in the RGB) would it be valid to say that you could make as a prop a neutrino Wand that could operate without the pack, such as a self contained proton rifle?

I was thinking of making one since it would come out more cost effective as opposed to constructing a whole pack set up. :sigh:
Only Matty could invent the "Neutrino" wand...

A "Neutrona" wand, is what Egon invented.

Why not? Depends on what you want. If you're on a budget, and still want a full pack, the Studio Creations shell is great! There are some awesome builds out there. Or scratch build one.

If you want to make something custom, own it. Do it. There are budget packs and scratch build/ scavenged build packs that look great. It's up to you. Just have fun doing it.
caleconners83 liked this
I'm throwing ideas together currently. I'm also turning a kenner ghost trap into one more movie like.

I'm torn between something based off a merger of the thrower and proton pack or a more rifle version of the blower gun. Both will have lighting of some sort
vernonfire wrote:So I was wondering since Egon was a genius at creating equipment ( especially in the RGB) would it be valid to say that you could make as a prop a neutrino Wand that could operate without the pack, such as a self contained proton rifle?

I was thinking of making one since it would come out more cost effective as opposed to constructing a whole pack set up. :sigh:
This fella seems to think so, and I think he pulls it off pretty darn well: http://www.firebladecomics.com/customs/ ... istol.html
But don't worry too much about the fiction, just have fun!
:nicejobyoudid:
Me, personally, I think the gun needs *something* to be attached to. But that's just ME and my preferences. And it can be done on the cheap and easy too:
http://www.gbfans.com/community/viewtop ... =7&t=19149

Or you can go all-out like this guy: http://www.gbfans.com/community/viewtop ... 43&t=37057

I'm thinking about taking another stab at one myself....a buddy in electrical work gave me something he had left over from a small job that I could totally see working for something like this....
I don't disagree about having something attached to the gun. I'm using the game fallout 3 as some inspiration as well as the stuff from firebalde comics and the RGB. The weapons were futuristic looking yet cobble together from odds and ends that got the job done.

Give me some time, I'll surprise you with what's up my sleeve
I also feel that any kind of thrower needs some sort of pack to connect it to. I don't mean to sound pompous, but most "packless" throwers or "Proton Rifles" are kind of a cop-out...

I mean, these are nuclear accelerators, not cell-phones; the technology doesn't necessarily get more compact.
I'd they can fit a nuclear accelerator in back pack form I think you can have a self sustained weapon.

The only limit is the imagination,and since this is a work of fiction then the imagination can run wild
A cathode ray tube in a TV is a particle accelerator

The first cyclotron was 4 inches in diameter

The Fermi lab in Illinois is 10 square miles

Stanford Linear Accelerator Laboratory in California, which is about 1.8 miles long

No matter what the size the particle accelerators smach the atoms and create things including nuclear radiation.

So as we see, size really doesn't matter if it gets the job done

At the moment my interest would be what sorts fo f[…]

@GBfan77 No when I turn it off it still keeps firi[…]

Just to throw my experience in there. I've bough[…]

I haven't had Xbox Live for a while, but I'm consi[…]