This is for other Ghostbusters Props that don't fit into the categories above.
By jackdoud
I've been working on this project for a few months now and got it done just in time for Dragoncon.

More pics and a full build log on my website here: http://www.angelfire.com/pa2/jdoud/gbslimescoop.html
The comparison shot irks me as I can see all the parts that are wrong but giving the utter lack of info on this prop I'll live with it for now. :whatever: The scoop does spin though it's a bit stuttery and in the wrong direction. Fortunately this thing weighs over 5.5 pounds so if anyone complains I can reach out and touch them up-side the head. :angryvigo:
By Dreamstalker
That is an awesome piece of kit.
By jackdoud
ThrowingChicken wrote:So what did all of the materials cost you?
Somewhere around $300, I haven't gone though tall the reciepts yet. The reel alone was $107 since I had to fight fishing collectors on ebay for it. Having to buy and try various items before I found something that would work drove the price up as well. I'll get a total calculated soon.
By ThrowingChicken
jackdoud wrote:
ThrowingChicken wrote:So what did all of the materials cost you?
Somewhere around $300, I haven't gone though tall the reciepts yet. The reel alone was $107 since I had to fight fishing collectors on ebay for it. Having to buy and try various items before I found something that would work drove the price up as well. I'll get a total calculated soon.
Holy crap!
By Dr. Ray Stantz
Mines been sitting, untouched for some time now just because I was so stuck...with these pics looks like I'll have to start all over. :sigh: Any chance we can get a parts list or rough plans for this in the future? One of my favorite untouched props.
By jackdoud
Dr. Ray Stantz wrote:Mines been sitting, untouched for some time now just because I was so stuck...with these pics looks like I'll have to start all over. :sigh: Any chance we can get a parts list or rough plans for this in the future? One of my favorite untouched props.
Click the link to my build log in the OP, there's a parts list and diagram on my website.
ThrowingChicken wrote:So much for weekend project.
Yeah...and I just spent $65 on foam to make a case to carry it in... :blush:
By Socko525
I just came across this thread and as an avid/semi-pro fisherman/collector I can think of some fairly close resembling reels for a lot less. In fact I believe I saw a similar looking fly rod reel at gander mountain not that ago. I'll take a trip tomorrow and see if I can't find it.
By Gareee
Amazing work! I don't think there are many people who have attempted one of these, are there?

So... where are the drums of pink slime to go along with it? ;)
By jackdoud
Gareee wrote:So... where are the drums of pink slime to go along with it? ;)
I've had that sitting around for a while now:

For those looking for an alternate reel, the Alvey 425B is pretty close (in the same model line) but is still an expensive collectable reel:

Your main issue is going to be the holes and the size. Here's some reference shots to gauge other potentials on:

SPJ liked this
By Gareee
That reel looks like a perfect thing for AJ to make with his new router. The setup would be fairly easy, and maybe it could be made to fit a current inexpensive reel.
By ThrowingChicken
Gareee wrote:That reel looks like a perfect thing for AJ to make with his new router. The setup would be fairly easy, and maybe it could be made to fit a current inexpensive reel.

Yeah, I was thinking something like that, your own sides on some other reel's hardware

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]

Sorry, I hadn't seen any of these replies. Either […]

Uniform Tips

Sorry for the triple post (you guys have gotten […]

Proton Props???

Ugly Little Spud, Did you actually get the pack?[…]