This is for other Ghostbusters Props that don't fit into the categories above.
Does any one have any Idea on how to start to build a Rack to hold the packs on the Ectomobile. We have built everything else on here but that. At least to my knowlege. I would love to put all our packs in the back of the Ecto and not worry that they might get damaged. Well if any one has an I dea let me know. Thanks guys.
By marine3228
well in the movie, they used a stretcher/gurney. you may want to make like a sliding rack with your packs on them. that way you can slide the rack out
By Ecto96
Yeah, either that or if you look closely at some of the pics of the Ecto 1a as she looks today, you'll notice that the table for the packs are made of wood. All you need to do is take a basic look at any slide out drawer, which you can buy those roller systems at hardware stores and bolt them to the ecto's floor, then you put in the table and use some I shaped steel bolted to the table to strap the packs to it. I've been thinking of building special for the EctoStang, so that when you open the door, the packs stand up for you to grab easily, rather than them rolling around in the trunk and exploding into thousands of tiny peices.
By ghostnerd
i had an idea: goes with the whole using the stretcher/gurney thing. but (im a guitar player, thus where my idea came from) what if u could use poles for the pack to lean on w/ something to go around each individual pack to hold it still? just a thought...

oh, and yes, i CAN play the Ghostbusters theme on guitar! just FYI ^_^
By malcolmhoaz

I demand an MP3 of this now lol j/k
By Ecto96
malcolmhoaz wrote:

I demand an MP3 of this now lol j/k

Seconded.. Or else ring wraiths will stab you with knives, pointy knives, that burn with the flames of a thousand evils! :twisted:
By Dreamstalker
Thirded. I wanna hear this :)

The poles may work, I'm trying to picture it...or more along the lines of angled supports; those would have less of a chance of breaking if there was a weight shift, and the pack would also be better-supported.
By Spooky
A drawer rack for the slide part and some PVC pipes for the holders.
I know I'm digging up an old topic , ,but has anyone made any progress on constructing a rack?

I'm going to attempt one in spring and see how it works out
By Fifthrider
Sorry I didn't answer earlier. I don't post much. I made a rack about 2 years ago. ( When I'm done building my Ecto, I'll be using a stretcher, though. ) (( By the way, for whoever cares to know, the exact makel of stretcher used appears to be something called a "Speed-O-Magic" stretcher according to a friend of mine who has restored five 1959 cadillac ambulances. ))

I just used plywood, server rack rails, and plastic pipes from home depot. Some brackets, screws and velcro straps and you're done.

Greetings

http://i.imgur.com/1kB7fOZ.jpg

I love that people are still making these packs. I[…]

For the legacy shell, what aspects are damage that[…]

At the moment my interest would be what sorts fo[…]