This is for other Ghostbusters Props that don't fit into the categories above.
By SublimeDelusions
I was talking with a friend of mine this weekend and the question came up: "the radios still have all of the original electronics in them, and a couple have the batteries. Can you get these to work?" I've got no idea if I can do that, and seeing as the replacement batteries for the radios (they still make them!) are around $50 each, I was wondering if there might be a way to rewire the battery container so that a different battery could power the radio. Maybe something along the lines of something used in the remote control cars/airplanes?

I just thought I'd ask here to see if anyone knew anything, and if it's not possible, no sweat.
By CPU64
Yeah, my radio is only good for listening to Rural Metro Ambulance chatter.
At least I know where in town most of the heart attack calls come from ^_^
By GBfan4life88
You should be able to gut one, and then fit the guts of a Talkabout into it. Using one without the proper frequencies usually requires a license, and the MT500's are what the FCC considers "wideban", and are no longer issuing licenses to people for them in favor of "narrowband" equipment. After January 2013 all wideban radios, although still functional, are subject to a fine if you are found to be using them.

However, if you still want a functional radio, you could try to find a Motorola HT1000 (the same type used in the Ghostbusters Video Game) and see if that can be programmed to civilian GMRS band (462 - 467MHz spectrum) the FRS band (462 - 467MHz spectrum) or MURS (151 - 154MHz spectrum)
By GBfan4life88
I did notice the date before I wrote my last post, but I still think it was worth bringing up the point about the narrowband conversion from wideband, as I want no fellow Ghosthead to buy an old MT500 that still works, and somehow get a fine from the FCC.
    Hasbro Ghostbusters

Apparently there are rumours of another announce[…]

Doug Keithley/sponge face/Ghostlab42 made a excell[…]

Did it come out today? Ugh the art is so bad tho[…]