This is for other Ghostbusters Props that don't fit into the categories above.
By Wallabe
Hey guys,
A while ago, a buddy and I built KUD's together. I wanted to make sure I'd get use out of it if I was going to spend the money, so I had another friend cut a custom plate that would fit my GB2 belt from which I could make a trap style holster for the KUD. My friend however, did not do this, and thus has had no way to wear his on his belt. Due to the size and placement of components, mounting a strap like the slimeblower gun has also proved impractical. This has meant that a lot of the time he's had to forego bringing his for the sake of convenience.

After watching the deleted scenes from the Blu-Ray, I realized it might be possible to do something about this. Winston is wearing the KUD somehow, and you can see it starting about 1:36 in to the video below.

This has me kind of stumped. If you look at the pictures in the wiki, http://www.gbfans.com/equipment/other/kud-meter/, it seems pretty clear that in the museum scene at least, there's no kind of mounting on the bottom. Given that this was probably a rental prop, it seems unlikely that they modified it to add something. I could be wrong, but it also doesn't seem to be hanging from a fob like the goggles (another exciting piece of new information). Looking at Ernie's hands, it's also clear that he's wearing it rather than holding it. From all of that, I've got no idea how it's hanging. Anyone have any ideas?
This is a great find. Having built a KUD from pretty close to the original parts, I find that I very seldom carry it to events due to the need to constantly carry it in my hands.

As for a ring to hook it onto one's belt, the main obstacle I foresee is the placement of the sliding battery compartment cover.

No point adding a hook to that, or your KUD will hit the floor while the battery cover dangles from your belt.

Alex
Re-watching it, it does look in the earlier parts of the scene that there's something come down from his belt behind the KUD. Between the battery cover like you mentioned, and the fact that the prop was probably a rental, odds are they didn't modify it after the museum scene. I just have no clue how they'd pull that off without something being very visible.
If you look at Ray's goggles, he has them attached to his belt via a GB1-style fob/D-ring (connected to the head strap) that hooks onto a grey nylon fob on his black belt. They might have used a similar method for the KUD - just loop the GB1 strap around the handle.

At least we now know the "screen-accurate" way of wearing the PKE Meter on the belt. :)
Unless the KUD is backwards, it looks like earlier in the scene there is actually something going behind it.

Demon Vice Commander wrote:
At least we now know the "screen-accurate" way of wearing the PKE Meter on the belt. :)
That too, I love how ridiculous it is.
Wallabe wrote:Unless the KUD is backwards, it looks like earlier in the scene there is actually something going behind it.

Demon Vice Commander wrote:
That too, I love how ridiculous it is.
And it still looks safer than in Bill Murray's labcoat pocket :D I love how careless they were with all these things we now consider sacred but that's of course that's actors and movie props!
Just to throw a couple more Aykroyd methods of wearing the PKE Meter into the discussion, here are two that actually made it into the finished film...

Back pocket of your jeans.

Tucked into the tool pouch by the handle. (Easier to see in motion than this particular still.)

Both of these images originally came from this thread: http://www.gbfans.com/community/viewtop ... 37&t=32590

Alex
    PKE Meter build project!

DO you have this files on sale?

Also, sorry I can’t answer the question, but[…]

There's some fun dialogue TV-edits, a replacement[…]

Thanks The_Y33TER ! Confirmation there's no elect[…]